Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-04-2011   #381
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I bet the Pats pick is Watt here. Great value on a great player.
I keep coming back to Watt as an option for us. I know we have two guys who should start at end, but if we are running a smaller front three we will really need to keep throwing fresh bodies in the mix.
Old 03-04-2011   #382
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the Patriots, even in mocks they draft well.
Old 03-04-2011   #383
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
With the 14th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select...
I think you mean 17th pick and Patriots :P
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #384
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
LOL, indeed. Don't know how I pulled that off.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #385
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The numbers are a little messed up, am I on the clock?
Old 03-04-2011   #386
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 19th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the New York Football Giants select:

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA.

The Giants need help at Line Backer, and grab the best 4-3 OLB in the draft. Will be a starter from day one and greatly improve their defense.

Last edited by BigBull17; 03-04-2011 at 01:50 PM.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #387
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
With the 18th pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the New York Football Giants select:

Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA.

The Giants need help at Line Backer, and grab the best 4-3 OLB in the draft. Will be a starter from day one and greatly improve their defense.
Is it just me or did you skip the Chargers pick?
Old 03-04-2011   #388
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
The numbers are a little messed up, am I on the clock?
No, it was supposedd to be steelbtexan's turn with the Chargers pick
Old 03-04-2011   #389
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 157084 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The Chargers refused to pick until a collective bargainig agreement was met .
Old 03-04-2011   #390
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, that was offsides for sure
Old 03-04-2011   #391
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, it was supposedd to be steelbtexan's turn with the Chargers pick
His draft order skipped the Patriots, so I thought I had the 18th pick. My bad. The Chargers suck anyway.
Old 03-04-2011   #392
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

for steelbtexan- With the 18th selection of the 2011 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select Muhammed Wilkerson DE Temple
Old 03-04-2011   #393
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

ON THE CLOCK

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - Senor Stan

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - HOU-TEX

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - ArlingtonTexan

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - jgl35

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - DiehardChris
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #394
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
for steelbtexan- With the 18th selection of the 2011 NFL draft, the San Diego Chargers select Muhammed Wilkerson DE Temple
Interesting pick
Old 03-04-2011   #395
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Interesting pick
I don't know much about him, but that is who steelb wanted.

Here is what Scouts have on him: Link

Consistently fires off the ball and gets into the pads of OL. Strong at point of attack. Can stack and shed as well as any five-technique in this class. Has great size with good lower-body strength and excellent upper body power. Can anchor versus the run but is also very adept at finding the ball, disengaging, pursuing and making the play.

Versus the run- Power rusher. Will stand up OL and can bull rush him back into the QB. Finds the ball faster than most five-technique's, shows ability to shed quickly and has adequate-to-good closing burst for a 300-pound DL.

Versatility- Not elite initial burst but shows adequate-to-good first step quickness for his size. Shows strong, quick hands. Not as violent as some elite DT's but can shed quickly. Very functional when it comes to controlling blockers and disengaging when it is time to do so.

Instincts/Motor- Would not describe him as relentless but also don't see him taking any plays off. Gives good overall effort. Is tough and flashes a mean streak. Works hard and finishes.
Old 03-04-2011   #396
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Any chance we can keep the chit chat to this thread and leave the selection thread just for the selections?
Old 03-04-2011   #397
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Any chance we can keep the chit chat to this thread and leave the selection thread just for the selections?
Personally, I'd rather have the selections and discussion to be done in one thread like last year. Bouncing back and forth, not so much
Old 03-04-2011   #398
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Quote:
Personally, I'd rather have the selections and discussion to be done in one thread like last year. Bouncing back and forth, not so much
We do have a separate results thread. I don't see the need for 3 threads.
Old 03-04-2011   #399
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I thought it was the 14th pick according to the selection thread, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Interesting. Not sure if he is ranked that highly but hey, the Texans took Duane Brown so I guess if you want him, you go get him.

At least he is a good player and not a totall nobody like Matt Jones (former Jaguar)
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #400
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I thought it was the 14th pick according to the selection thread, no?

Interesting. Not sure if he is ranked that highly but hey, the Texans took Duane Brown so I guess if you want him, you go get him.

At least he is a good player and not a totall nobody like Matt Jones (former Jaguar)
too funny, San Diego was the team rumored to be interested in selecting Duane Brown with the very next pick, thus setting/justifying his value

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read