Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-03-2011   #361
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Remember you can pick your nose but not always your QB .
what i find in my nose >>>> these 1st round qbs
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #362
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
what i find in my nose >>>> these 1st round qbs
sure thats not david carr leftover's?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #363
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I was preparing to pick Ingram believing someone would snatch up Newton. I was a little torn between the two but when you have the chance to draft the face of a franchise and a potential franchise QB and proven winner I just had to take Newton.

I see him as being a better passing, less psycho version of Vince Young and when Young was zoned in he was a winning NFL QB.

Am I the only one thinking that he's going to be hard to sign, like Crabtree was for the 49'rs, and Miami seems like a city that Newton can get in a whole lot of trouble off the field.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #364
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I was preparing to pick Ingram believing someone would snatch up Newton. I was a little torn between the two but when you have the chance to draft the face of a franchise and a potential franchise QB and proven winner I just had to take Newton.

I see him as being a better passing, less psycho version of Vince Young and when Young was zoned in he was a winning NFL QB.
I think Cam Newton is going to be a fine QB.

However, I don't know that Miami is the best place for him. If Miami starts having trouble, there will be too much pressure on them to put him in the game.

I don't know that Cam is ready to handle that. He may be, but I think a rookie QB should be able to sit until he's ready.

Miami should go after Kolb.
Old 03-03-2011   #365
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Am I the only one thinking that he's going to be hard to sign, like Crabtree was for the 49'rs, and Miami seems like a city that Newton can get in a whole lot of trouble off the field.
Miami is an easy place to for a youngbuck with $$$$ to fall into the wrong crowd with. If Newton can stay away from that and play football, it just shows how mature he is compared to other players (e.g. Vince Young, Ben Roethlisberger).

Heisman Trophy winners don't usually pan out or at least have a high failure rate in the NFL. However, Newton has tools that can help him succeed only if he is brought along slowly and used in situations that maximize his talent (e.g. running plays, throwing the deep ball).

Or thrusting him into the fire may be a good way to get him prepared for the long run like Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #366
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Miami is an easy place to for a youngbuck with $$$$ to fall into the wrong crowd with. If Newton can stay away from that and play football, it just shows how mature he is compared to other players (e.g. Vince Young, Ben Roethlisberger).

Heisman Trophy winners don't usually pan out or at least have a high failure rate in the NFL. However, Newton has tools that can help him succeed only if he is brought along slowly and used in situations that maximize his talent (e.g. running plays, throwing the deep ball).

Or thrusting him into the fire may be a good way to get him prepared for the long run like Sam Bradford and Josh Freeman.
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/postdraft.htm
Old 03-03-2011   #367
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Buffalo might be a better fit? less distractions better coaching, scrambling skill will come in handy w/young linemen.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011   #368
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Buffalo might be a better fit? less distractions better coaching, scrambling skill will come in handy w/young linemen.
Is there anything to do in Buffalo...lol?!?! I wonder how he would fit into Chan Gailey's offense?
Old 03-04-2011   #369
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

Jaguars select Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Perdue

Gene Smith has been drafting as GM for the Jaguars for the past 2 years. In the first round he has selected Eugene Monroe and Tyson Alualu respectively. Both high character guys who played through their senior seasons.

Ryan Kerrigan was a 3 year starter and team captain his senior year for the Boilermakers. Kerrigan is as good in the classroom and community as he is on the football field.

The Jaguars are in some serious need for sacks so a DE is most likely the pick to pair up with Alualu from last year.

"With Aaron Kampman coming off his second ACL tear in two years Jacksonville desperately needs help at defensive end."

"Career: Tied for the all-time Football Bowl Subdivision record with 14 fumbles forced (Big Ten record) ... tied for second all-time at Purdue with 33.5 sacks ... fifth in Purdue history in tackles for loss with 57.0."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #370
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags pick is up. Was a VERY tough choice picking between BPA, most potential, or a Gene Smith guy which arent always gonna be the same thing.

bah is on the clock.
Old 03-04-2011   #371
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Is this legal?

I wouldn't think you'd be able to abuse a grown man like that in a public venue.
Old 03-04-2011   #372
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice pick for the Jags, and one I hope doesn't come to pass.
Old 03-04-2011   #373
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

This picture looks unreal and cool at the same time! BTW, #72 is Mark Huyuge a 6'6" 305-Lbs tackle, impressive work by Kerrigan.
Old 03-04-2011   #374
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Nice pick for the Jags, and one I hope doesn't come to pass.
Thanks. I considered a few other players but in the end had to go with the smart senior co-captain with no off field issues.

The Jags need alot of help this year and need to make sure they hit on their picks.
Old 03-04-2011   #375
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
This picture looks unreal and cool at the same time! BTW, #72 is Mark Huyuge a 6'6" 305-Lbs tackle, impressive work by Kerrigan.
I hear he had some trouble with Solder at the combine which may make him slip, but everywhere else he was solid. But the Jags dont really worry about reaching for a player. They seem to be taking the Texans approach of get the good guy who can also play football well.
Old 03-04-2011   #376
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Thanks. I considered a few other players but in the end had to go with the smart senior co-captain with no off field issues.

The Jags need alot of help this year and need to make sure they hit on their picks.
I'm a big fan of Kerrigan. He actually seems like a real Patriots kind of guy, if that makes sense. Blue collar, great motor, and extremely talented.

He was #2 on my board for the Patriots at #17. Lucky for me though, my #1 is still there, which I never expected.

Patriots pick will be up in a few minutes with a write up.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #377
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm a big fan of Kerrigan. He actually seems like a real Patriots kind of guy, if that makes sense. Blue collar, great motor, and extremely talented.

He was #2 on my board for the Patriots at #17. Lucky for me though, my #1 is still there, which I never expected.

Patriots pick will be up in a few minutes with a write up.
lol yeah you are damn lucky. Your player was on my short list for sure due to his draft stock. Cant wait to read the writeup.
Old 03-04-2011   #378
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
lol yeah you are damn lucky. Your player was on my short list for sure due to his draft stock. Cant wait to read the writeup.
I think you did the right thing though. Kerrigan fits the Jags better. Even if both were on the board I think Kerrigan is the direction they would go.
Old 03-04-2011   #379
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet the Pats pick is Watt here. Great value on a great player.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #380
bah007
Hall of Fame

Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

With the 17th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the New England Patriots select...

J.J. Watt - DE, Wisconsin

New England has needs in other areas, but those will have to wait. With two more picks in the top 33 they can afford to take the best player here. I didn't expect Watt to fall out of the top 15 so I'm jumping all over him now that he's right here in my grasp.

Watt, at 6'5” 290, is a perfect fit for the Patriots defense. Mike Mayock called him the next Richard Seymour, saying he is the best 5 tech draft prospect he has ever seen. That's some pretty high praise. Watt was recruited as a TE to Central Michigan, but transferred to Wisconsin after one year and walked on without a scholarship because he wanted to play for his home state team. It worked out for him pretty well.

The first thing you have to love about Watt is his intangibles. Great work ethic, leadership ability, plus he is durable. On top of that, despite being the star player on his team in college, he still put in time on special teams. He has great awareness of what is going on around him. Sometimes he gets a little over aggressive, but that's something that usually comes with a guy who goes 110% on every play. He can occupy double teams, fill running lanes, and he gets pressure on the QB from his great bull rush. He was a two year starter and a team captain. Last year he had 7 sacks, 21 TFLs (top 10 in the nation), 3 Forced Fumbles, and blocked 3 kicks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read