Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-03-2011   #321
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

QB..... and its Gabbert.

You better make sure that the OL is ROCK SOLID because Gabbert has the happy feet.

Old 03-03-2011   #322
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
BL, I'm as high on Smith as anyone. I've had him in my top 25 since way before the combine. But he is no Jake Long, nor will he ever be, imo. Smith will be a very solid pro and will probably make some Pro Bowls, but Long is on his way to being one of the league's elite linemen for years to come.
not as high as me obviously

Everybody ha their own idea of what a truely great NFL tackle should look & play like (this is a really sad thing when it comes to the Texans isn't it? I mean how many top 10 boards will Duane Brown ever make during his career as Texans LT?) That said there is more than one way to skin your dinner. Jake is more of a mauler, typical Big 10 blue collar very mature player. In this class Castonzo is the closest thing to Jake, he'll outwork you, technically sound & learn from his mistakes he just lacks elite measureables, although I really like him too. Jake best comp to me is another former Trojan
Tony Boselli 6070 324. We'll see how he holds up injury wise the one thing which concerns me.

At first I was thinking Tyron was more like another former USC OT Anthony Muņoz who was a little lighter @ 6060 280 or but combine changed that so just looking at the numbers, 6050 307 & game film switched to Walter Jones. Saving grace for these big, athletic guys is they are natural knee benders & are able to keep leverage with good lower body bend thus taking stress off their backs. Bottom line elite OT's usually go very early in the draft. I'm sure Dallas is hoping the real thing plays out just like this one.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #323
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This pick would have been a lot harder if Cameron Jordan was still there. Gabbert is the top rated QB (IMO) in this draft and the Vikings need someone to take over as the signal caller. I wasn't going to wait until the 2nd round if the best QB in the draft was still there at pick #12.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #324
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
This pick would have been a lot harder if Cameron Jordan was still there. Gabbert is the top rated QB (IMO) in this draft and the Vikings need someone to take over as the signal caller. I wasn't going to wait until the 2nd round if the best QB in the draft was still there at pick #12.
good call

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #325
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions and pbat488 are on the clock.

Kiwi get ready cause Rams Texans4Ever proxy'ed their pick to me.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #326
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Born ready.... and I still have two players I really want on the board.
Old 03-03-2011   #327
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
It was a good call. I'm not really high on any of the QBs in this class, but if I were forced to take one it would be Gabbert.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2011   #328
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was a good call. I'm not really high on any of the QBs in this class, but if I were forced to take one it would be Gabbert.
How much difference is there between Bradford and Gabbert ? Who would you take between Colt and Gabbert ?
Old 03-03-2011   #329
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
How much difference is there between Bradford and Gabbert ? Who would you take between Colt and Gabbert ?
I would take Colt, proven winner, steadier nerves.
Old 03-03-2011   #330
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I would take Colt, proven winner, steadier nerves.
Yep ... me to and Colt went in the 3rd last year . That's the one position that if you draft early , you'd better hit it because of the money and leadership isuues .

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...?type=position
Old 03-03-2011   #331
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yep ... me to and Colt went in the 3rd last year . That's the one position that if you draft early , you'd better hit it because of the money and leadership isuues .

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...?type=position
Random question are the players in this draft going to be subject to the rookie wage scale when and if that is agreed to?

If so the concern about the $$ for a first round QB may no longer be so pressing.
Old 03-03-2011   #332
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Random question are the players in this draft going to be subject to the rookie wage scale when and if that is agreed to?

If so the concern about the $$ for a first round QB may no longer be so pressing.
Nope, this should be the last draft where they AREN'T. 2012 Draft going forward will certainly have one in place.
Old 03-03-2011   #333
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Nope, this should be the last draft where they AREN'T. 2012 Draft going forward will certainly have one in place.
That's not what Oliver Luck said when he was explaining Andrew Lucks' decision to stay at Stanford for his Sr yr.

He was on Matt Thomas show I believe.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #334
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

I was figuring that if there is no CBA, the rookies while drafted wouldn't/couldn't sign new contracts so when the new CBA came in the players would be signed under that.....

That was just my common sense thinking though.
Old 03-03-2011   #335
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Insane difference between Bradford and Gabbert. It's not even close. I had Bradford rated higher than I had Stafford when he came out. And higher than I had Ryan and Flacco when they came out. Although I'll admit that Ryan was more NFL ready, I just think Bradford has the most potential.

I had Bradford rated as the best QB prospect since Phillip Rivers came out. That's how highly I think of him. But next year I'll probably have Luck rated even higher.

Between Gabbert and Colt I would probably take Gabbert, but only if he could sit for a while. If I knew my QB would be pressed into action early I would go with Colt.

I think Gabbert has a higher ceiling than Colt, but also a bigger bust factor.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #336
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Insane difference between Bradford and Gabbert. It's not even close. I had Bradford rated higher than I had Stafford when he came out. And higher than I had Ryan and Flacco when they came out. Although I'll admit that Ryan was more NFL ready, I just think Bradford has the most potential.

I had Bradford rated as the best QB prospect since Phillip Rivers came out. That's how highly I think of him. But next year I'll probably have Luck rated even higher.

Between Gabbert and Colt I would probably take Gabbert, but only if he could sit for a while. If I knew my QB would be pressed into action early I would go with Colt.

I think Gabbert has a higher ceiling than Colt, but also a bigger bust factor.
This draft is so iffy. The whole thing has a huge bust potential.
Old 03-03-2011   #337
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
That's not what Oliver Luck said when he was explaining Andrew Lucks' decision to stay at Stanford for his Sr yr.

He was on Matt Thomas show I believe.
Quote:
I was figuring that if there is no CBA, the rookies while drafted wouldn't/couldn't sign new contracts so when the new CBA came in the players would be signed under that.....

That was just my common sense thinking though.
Oliver is assuming it'll go into place this year, not 2012. He could be right, but with the glacial pace the negotiations are taking thus far, I'm guessing that cap is a 50/50 proposition for the 2011 draft.
Old 03-03-2011   #338
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its such a weird draft with no top prospect, no top QB, no free agency, its hard to determine who anyone is going to take because teams do not know if they can fill a need in FA and might reach on a need instead of going bpa
Old 03-03-2011   #339
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Did everyone seem to miss the memo that this thing starts the day after the combine?
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #340
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Did everyone seem to miss the memo that this thing starts the day after the combine?
I guess after the Texan's pick, everyone lost interest.

Who's up? Geez.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read