Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-02-2011   #241
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Now that Miller is gone. Cleveland would make the perfect partner to trade up with.

They're going to be looking at J.Jones or a DE like Watt/Jordan/Quinn. One of them should be there at 11.
Yep, I was hoping one of the Top 4 picks so far would drop to me at #6, but all were taken. I'm going with Quinn for the Browns, but if trades were allowed I would definitely prefer to trade back. None of the top talent left fills a need.

Edit: Several of the DE's are great, and the Browns have a need there, I just think one could be had at spots 10-15 instead.
Old 03-02-2011   #242
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

With the 6th pick in the 2011 TexansTalk Ridiculously Long Mock Draft, Dutchrudder representing the Cleveland Browns selects....

Robert Quinn DE from UNC!

Quote:
Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina (Junior)
Height: 6’5″
Weight: 260
Projection: 1st Round

Strengths:
Incredible burst and athleticism – Quick off the snap – Very productive as a sophomore – Decent run stopper – Sheds blockers well – 4.5 speed is elite for a DE/OLB.

Weaknesses:
Needs to add some bulk to play DE, or work on coverage as OLB – Prior benign brain tumor could cause concern – Not very diverse in rush moves, could add a bull-rush – Runs himself out of the play on occasion – Not a lot of production vs. elite competition – Will not play in 2010.
The Browns need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball, and we have very little depth at DE. Transitioning to the 4-3 will also put a strain on the team, so we will begin building from the outside of the D-line inwards!
Old 03-02-2011   #243
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson is the first player slipping further than I thought he would. I would hate if he became a Titan...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #244
jay23728
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performer

with the 7th pick the 49ers happily select

Patrick Peterson
jay23728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #245
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Peterson is the first player slipping further than I thought he would. I would hate if he became a Titan...
No joke. Supposedly he is the #1 player on Dallas' draft board. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Jerry jumped 1 spot to make sure he snagged his guy. It wouldn't take much for them to do that...

Now that I say that, it obviously depends how much San Fran loves the guy or the other prospects. If Gabbert is deemed a franchise QB for them, they aren't moving an inch. If they love Peterson or another prospect, the may stand pat. With only Tennessee between them (or another team trading up with Tenn), you'd think SF could move down and still get who they covet but may not risk it.

I'd rather Dallas have Peterson than Tennessee!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #246
jay23728
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performerjay23728 is a Legendary performer

had to take peterson here # 1 on my big board and not to fond of gabbert. if peterson, fairley and dareus were all gone, probably would have went julio jones. i think alex smith will be resigned and play well in harbaugh's west coast offense.
jay23728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #247
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay23728 View Post
had to take peterson here # 1 on my big board and not to fond of gabbert. if peterson, fairley and dareus were all gone, probably would have went julio jones. i think alex smith will be resigned and play well in harbaugh's west coast offense.
Well, I'm sure the Browns would like to have Peterson, but they picked Joe Haden last year, and I don't think they need another 1st round CB. Too many needs with the front 7 to go CB.
Old 03-02-2011   #248
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 157084 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans pick .... Julio Jones, WR, Alabama .

I think he's the next AJ and a better player than Prince .

ps . Remember Munch firing Mike H for being to conservative .

Old 03-02-2011   #249
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Britt emerging last year not sure the Titans go that route.

Again, who is going to get Britt and Jones the ball?
Old 03-02-2011   #250
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Rusty Smith, duh... Just look at him, he's got to be the most intelligent guy in all of Tennessee!

Old 03-02-2011   #251
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 157084 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Well ... it won't be Gabbert , Newton , or whoever . There 's no stud qb to be taken at #8 so it's me and Julio down by the school yard .
Old 03-02-2011   #252
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured the Titans a lock to take a QB. And with their pick of the litter still passing?

I like the 9ers pick, but they could also use a franchise QB with their new head coach as well.

I think this boards collective yearning for a defensive player might be skewing the selections.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #253
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Well ... it won't be Gabbert , Newton , or whoever . There 's no stud qb to be taken at #8 so it's me and Julio down by the school yard .
That's a surprise pick to me. I figured for sure they'd take either Newton or Gabbert.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #254
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
That's a surprise pick to me. I figured for sure they'd take either Newton or Gabbert.
They've already had Newton and I watched Navy tear Gabbert up .
Old 03-02-2011   #255
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I figured the Titans a lock to take a QB. And with their pick of the litter still passing?

I like the 9ers pick, but they could also use a franchise QB with their new head coach as well.

I think this boards collective yearning for a defensive player might be skewing the selections.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Works for Cowboys. However Jerry BL Jones does have a soft spot for Texans!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #256
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Yeah, I purposefully took it into account, but that wasn't too hard with the Broncos needs.
Old 03-02-2011   #257
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

yo cowboys, what are you waiting on?
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #258
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
There's a tear in my beer cause he's pickin for the crackwagon ... no no no .
Old 03-02-2011   #259
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
@ work. U can read about it in the morning.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #260
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
@ work. U can read about it in the morning.
He picks next after you , then the Texans .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read