Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-02-2011   #221
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Dude, when did we start this thing?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #222
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me a minute to make this pick in style.
Old 03-02-2011   #223
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Carson Palmer replacement maybe?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #224
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Blaine Gabbert.... you MUST pick Blaine Gabbert.

Newton has BUST written all over him!!! Do not draft him, you do not want him.

Gabbert, Gabbert, Gabbert

I wonder if I can do this for another 11 picks.....
Old 03-02-2011   #225
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, when did we start this thing?
Officially? This morning. You didnt have your guy already picked out? I mean you are #4!
Old 03-02-2011   #226
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

With the 4th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Cincinatti Bengals select...

No surprise here... Get rid of the mouth and bring in Green.
Old 03-02-2011   #227
Shaft75
Site Contributor

It's picked out! You're right, easy pick to make.
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2011   #228
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Took 11 minutes but you made a good pick when you got there......

Not sure who is going to throw him the ball though.
Old 03-02-2011   #229
Blake
MMQB

I like Green ALOT. Cincy better throw some major money at Carson to change his mind.
Old 03-02-2011   #230
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wanted AJ Green....
Old 03-02-2011   #231
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wanted AJ Green....
You should have offered up something. I never got a call on the Bengphone.
Old 03-02-2011   #232
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You should have offered up something. I never got a call on the Bengphone.
I'll give you my first round pick and the empty shell of a man known as 'Jake Delhomme' for Green.

What say you?
Old 03-02-2011   #233
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This would be a very interesting scenario for the Cardinals. Do they go with a QB like Gabbert? Do they take a pass rusher like Von Miller? Or do they take Patrick Peterson, arguably the best player in the draft? They'd have an excellent excellent secondary if they went with Peterson... and then address pass rush in the top of the 2nd? Will be fun to watch.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #234
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
This would be a very interesting scenario for the Cardinals. Do they go with a QB like Gabbert? Do they take a pass rusher like Von Miller? Or do they take Patrick Peterson, arguably the best player in the draft? They'd have an excellent excellent secondary if they went with Peterson... and then address pass rush in the top of the 2nd? Will be fun to watch.
I think that they would be NUTS to go with a QB here.

They are a team that can conceivably win the NFC West with a competent QB, rather get a veteran in and take another shot at getting far in the playoffs.
Old 03-02-2011   #235
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson would be my pick. He's my # 1 rated player in this draft.

In this scenario the Texans should be on the phone offering a 2011 1st and 3rd. Plus a 2012 2nd. It's a small price to pay to get the best player in the draft. After watching last yrs secondary they should also sign a vet FA.

Ike Taylor, Peterson, Quin, Pick (Lefeged) and Jackson as the nickle would be a major upgrade. No more of suffering thru the McCain /Molden/Wilson/Pollards of the world. When having to face the Mannings of the world.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #236
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'll give you my first round pick and the empty shell of a man known as 'Jake Delhomme' for Green.

What say you?
I'd rather have Kozar. See if you can make it work.
Old 03-02-2011   #237
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Peterson would be my pick. He's my # 1 rated player in this draft.

In this scenario the Texans should be on the phone offering a 2011 1st and 3rd. Plus a 2012 2nd. It's a small price to pay to get the best player in the draft. After watching last yrs secondary they should also sign a vet FA.

Ike Taylor, Peterson, Quin, Pick (Lefeged) and Jackson as the nickle would be a major upgrade. No more of suffering thru the McCain /Molden/Wilson/Pollards of the world. When having to face the Mannings of the world.
What about a pass rush? Even great corners are exposed on an island for too long. Especially since the league adopted the no touchy the wr rule. I say sit back and see how long Von lasts. With Dareus off the board, I think we definitely target DE or OLB hybrids. Von/Quinn/Jordan/Watt/Ayers.
Old 03-02-2011   #238
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

With the 5th pick the Arizona Cardinals select Von Miller-OLB from Texas A&M.

Last edited by Blake; 03-03-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #239
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about a pass rush? Even great corners are exposed on an island for too long. Especially since the league adopted the no touchy the wr rule. I say sit back and see how long Von lasts. With Dareus off the board, I think we definitely target DE or OLB hybrids. Von/Quinn/Jordan/Watt/Ayers.
I value talent over need and as I stated Peterson is ranked #1 on my board. There are very few guys in the history of the NFL that have run a 4.32 at 220 LBS. Plus Peterson is a football player that runs fast. He's not just a track guy.

Pass rusher is also a need. But that need could be filled by another guy I like alot Brooks Reed in rd.2 or Dontay Moch/Sam Acho in rd.3

This is a good draft for 3-4 rush OLB's.
Old 03-02-2011   #240
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Now that Miller is gone. Cleveland would make the perfect partner to trade up with.

They're going to be looking at J.Jones or a DE like Watt/Jordan/Quinn. One of them should be there at 11.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read