Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-02-2011   #201
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (FULL)

Are we going to use this as a discussion thread and post selections in the other one?

As for the Fairley pick, he dominated in the BCS title game so it makes since to get a guy that can single-handily hold his own and make plays. Question is: what scheme do the Panthers run and how will Fairley fit into it?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #202
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Are we going to use this as a discussion thread and post selections in the other one?

As for the Fairley pick, he dominated in the BCS title game so it makes since to get a guy that can single-handily hold his own and make plays. Question is: what scheme do the Panthers run and how will Fairley fit into it?
They ran the 4-3 last year, but with Rivera taking over, I think they will be switching to the 3-4. If not this year, then next.
Old 03-02-2011   #203
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
They ran the 4-3 last year, but with Rivera taking over, I think they will be switching to the 3-4. If not this year, then next.
Rivera ran a 4-3 cover 2 in Chicago and a 3-4 in San Diego. So who knows what kinda defense he will run in Carolina.

This is a yr that I would want to pay 1st pick $$$$ to any player in this draft.

Fairley is a good player though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #204
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

Since the Panthers missed the easy slam dunk....

With the 2nd selection in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos Select:

Da'quan Bowers - DE - Clemson - He fills one of the numerous glaring holes in the Denver defense.

...and he's already used to wearing orange!
Old 03-02-2011   #205
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bowers is no surprise here at #2.

Nice to have this moving along now.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #206
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

This draft is hard because there is not great #1 prospect. I dont know maybe its just me but I really like Darreus out of Alabama maybe even a bit more then Fairley but its hard to tell.
Old 03-02-2011   #207
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that scares me with the Texans is that (IMHO) there are only about 7 guys that are almost no-miss picks. Picking at 11 gets into the second echelon and I'm not sure how bad our F.O. may whiff.
Old 03-02-2011   #208
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
The thing that scares me with the Texans is that (IMHO) there are only about 7 guys that are almost no-miss picks. Picking at 11 gets into the second echelon and I'm not sure how bad our F.O. may whiff.
Remember we only need 4 offensive guys to go before us to be able to get one of the 7 no-miss defensive prospects. Cam Newton had a poor combine but has the intangibles and swagger to lead a team. It only takes one team to like him and I could easily see one of the Bills, Titans, Redskins and even possibly the Panthers reach on him. I do not see the 49ers because i do not think he fits the offense. Blaine Gabbart had a pretty good combine and if he lights up his pro day he will defiantly go before 11. Julio Jones had an amazing combine posting a 4.39 40 great vert and broad jump all with a fractured foot. I could easily see the Redskins taking him to replace Santana, and I think we all agree the A.J. Green will be picked before us. That leaves one of the top 7 D prospects falling to us whether its Amukamara, Quinn, Miller or anyone else.
Old 03-02-2011   #209
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

On da clock

BUFFALO BILLS - TexansSeminole

CINCINATTI BENGALS - Shaft75

ARIZONA CARDINALS - Wolf6151

CLEVELAND BROWNS - Dutchrudder
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #210
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
Remember we only need 4 offensive guys to go before us to be able to get one of the 7 no-miss defensive prospects. Cam Newton had a poor combine but has the intangibles and swagger to lead a team. It only takes one team to like him and I could easily see one of the Bills, Titans, Redskins and even possibly the Panthers reach on him. I do not see the 49ers because i do not think he fits the offense. Blaine Gabbart had a pretty good combine and if he lights up his pro day he will defiantly go before 11. Julio Jones had an amazing combine posting a 4.39 40 great vert and broad jump all with a fractured foot. I could easily see the Redskins taking him to replace Santana, and I think we all agree the A.J. Green will be picked before us. That leaves one of the top 7 D prospects falling to us whether its Amukamara, Quinn, Miller or anyone else.
I'm hoping the Texans will luck out and have 2 QBs, 2 WRs and 1 OT taken before they pick. 5 offense, 5 defense picks in the top 10, leaving them no choice but to go defense at #11
Old 03-02-2011   #211
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm hoping the Texans will luck out and have 2 QBs, 2 WRs and 1 OT taken before they pick. 5 offense, 5 defense picks in the top 10, leaving them no choice but to go defense at #11
I hope they trade the pick for VY .
Old 03-02-2011   #212
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I hope they trade the pick for VY .
Old 03-02-2011   #213
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 TexansTalk Member Mock Draft (Selection Thread)

With the 3rd overall selection, the Buffalo Bills select:

DT/DE Marcel Dareus

Versatile player who should add some talent to a front 7 that needs alot of it.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #214
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Pick made. Shaft and the Bengals are now on the clock.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #215
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm feeling Dareus as a really solid investment.

I would not be surprised if he has a better career than Fairley.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #216
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm feeling Dareus as a really solid investment.

I would not be surprised if he has a better career than Fairley.
Ditto... He's one of my favorites in this draft. I'd rather him than Fairley. There's probably about 10 teams in front of us that would love to select him. lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #217
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really expecting Dareus to go before Fairley.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #218
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost expect the Bills to take Newton.
Old 03-02-2011   #219
Blake
MMQB

Shaft75
Old 03-02-2011   #220
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
No great surprise with the #1 pick, will be interesting to see how he pans out in the long run. Dude is no Suh.

I don't think there is one STAND OUT player in the draft that has to go first.
I know I'm in the minority on this one but I have had Patrick Peterson on top of my draft board for over a year.

I know he is a CB and nobody takes a CB at #1 but I would take him.

I think he and A.J. Green are easily the top two in this draft class. And that's no knock on the other guys. I have Dareus, Bowers, and Fairley rated really high too.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read