Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2011   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carson Palmer demands a trade

I say trade him to the Titans for VY, that would be the smartest thing to do IMO

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6051119
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #2
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1002 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carson Palmer demands a trade

He would be a very good fit in Arizona.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

his arm is shot and his accuracy has dropped off big time, along with his confidence.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't blame him as I would hate to have to listen to TO & Chad constantly.

Seattle or Arizona would both be good fits. I wouldn't want to see him go to the Titans as he would probably turn them into a winner.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Great idea, blow up the team this year and tank to win the Andrew luck sweepstakes next year! I bet without Palmer, 85 and TO they could lose more games than the Bills, Broncos or Panthers.
Old 01-24-2011   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Palmer wants to leave mainly because of their OC, Bob Bratkowski. He's pretty much given the team an ultimatum, him or Bratkowski. I remember Ocho calling out Brat a year or two ago...and with the way the Bengals have been performing...I can't blame either one of them for wanting to get rid of the guy.

I can see him landing in either Arizona, SF, Tenn, or Oakland.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #7
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Questionable if any of those guys are even there next year. Palmer wants out, TO is a FA(iirc and if so, unlikely they bring him back), and I believe there is an option on Ochocinco's contract. Benson also a FA
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2011   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Who would want Palmer, much less his contract? Al Davis, maybe. Palmer is a statue and hasn't been the same since his elbow injury in 2008. His retirement would be a favor to the Bengals, who don't seem to realize that Palmer is toast.
Old 01-24-2011   #9
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Who would want Palmer, much less his contract? Al Davis, maybe. Palmer is a statue and hasn't been the same since his elbow injury in 2008. His retirement would be a favor to the Bengals, who don't seem to realize that Palmer is toast.
I still think he has something left in him. While I don't think he'll have a Kurt Warner type resurgence and take a team all the way to the SB...I think he would be able to take an average team into the playoffs. Not sure I would want him in Oakland though, I'd like to see what Campbell has for another year.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #10
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Palmer had a good couple of years, but has been bad since. Not really sure why anyone would want him.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Is she tired of facing Ray Lewis, James Harrison and Troy Polamalu twice a year? Then maybe she should simply retire.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Palmer wants to leave mainly because of their OC, Bob Bratkowski. He's pretty much given the team an ultimatum, him or Bratkowski. I remember Ocho calling out Brat a year or two ago...and with the way the Bengals have been performing...I can't blame either one of them for wanting to get rid of the guy.

I can see him landing in either Arizona, SF, Tenn, or Oakland.
There was a report last week Marvin met with Childress for dinner and football talk. Maybe he's already planning to whack Bratkowski? Although, it seems kinda weird that they met while the dude was still employed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Questionable if any of those guys are even there next year. Palmer wants out, TO is a FA(iirc and if so, unlikely they bring him back), and I believe there is an option on Ochocinco's contract. Benson also a FA
They've already picked up Chad's option. He'd have to be traded.
Old 01-24-2011   #13
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
There was a report last week Marvin met with Childress for dinner and football talk. Maybe he's already planning to whack Bratkowski? Although, it seems kinda weird that they met while the dude was still employed

They've already picked up Chad's option. He'd have to be traded.
Didnt catch that, thanks
Old 01-24-2011   #14
J_R
Hall of Fame

Mike Brown: "We are not trading Carson." Says Palmer requested trade last week and Brown said 'No.' Also, Childress not coming to #Bengals.
Old 01-24-2011   #15
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bills could use a QB

I think Carson still has it in him, he just needs a new environment and a good offensive line around him like any QB in the league.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #16
ThruThick&Thin
learning2forum

Rep Power: 0 ThruThick&Thin was voted MVPThruThick&Thin was voted MVPThruThick&Thin was voted MVPThruThick&Thin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
The Bills could use a QB

How do you figure that? Why does everyone, including the media, overlook what Fitzpatrick did for BUF this year? I actually rooted for them because I knew Fitz was out there goin to work with his lumberjack beard lol
Old 01-25-2011   #17
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Waiting for the Jessee Jacksons "runaway slave" comments about Bengals owner Mike Brown.

Wait, that only works when the owner is white, and the athlete is black? My bad.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is also threatening retirement. We suck, but they are a train wreck. Get ready to be completely irrelevant once they lose Ochopsyco, TO, Casrson Palmer and co.
Old 01-25-2011   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThruThick&Thin View Post
How do you figure that? Why does everyone, including the media, overlook what Fitzpatrick did for BUF this year? I actually rooted for them because I knew Fitz was out there goin to work with his lumberjack beard lol
I get what you are saying. I think he had a fine season too. But do you consider him a franchise QB? I can see Chan Gailey giving Fitz the reigns next season while they groom their franchise QB of the future. CAM NEWTON! jk I have no idea which QB they would take.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #20
ThruThick&Thin
learning2forum

Rep Power: 0 ThruThick&Thin was voted MVPThruThick&Thin was voted MVPThruThick&Thin was voted MVPThruThick&Thin was voted MVP

I think I would build around Fitz. He almost beat the Ravens and a lot of other teams. Maybe BUF was the only other team more "snake-bitten" than HOU. At least give him another year to fizzle out or improve even more

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read