Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2011   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Packers vs Bears Gameday thread

I think this will be a very good game. Think the Packers will win late.
Old 01-23-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Go cheeseheads! I predict a 34 to 16 win as jay cutler melts down and throws a bunch of INTs!
Old 01-23-2011   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Packers vs Bears Gameday thread

I expect the Packers to win but will be rooting for the Bears.
Old 01-23-2011   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55827 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be rooting for the Packers. Not only do I want them to win, but I want them in place just in case, ughhhhhhh.....the Jets beat Pittsburgh.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #5
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Da Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like Jay Cutler. I like Brian Urlacher. I like Lovie Smith. Go Bears!!!!!!!
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'll be rooting for the Packers. Not only do I want them to win, but I want them in place just in case, ughhhhhhh.....the Jets beat Pittsburgh.
Oh please no, not the Jets in the Super Bowl. Anything but that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Pack in a close one. They need to hang onto the ball and rattle Cutler.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Rodgers is carving up the Bears!

7-0 Pack!
Old 01-23-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Packers look EXACTLY like the Texans.......................when the Texans are down in the 4th quarter by 20.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Like clockwork...Ridiculous how efficient Rodgers runs that offense..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The Packers look EXACTLY like the Texans.......................when the Texans are down in the 4th quarter by 20.
Perhaps we will grow up a bit this year
Old 01-23-2011   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

How the hell did Alex Smith go #1 ovrl and Aaron Rodgers plummet in the draft?

I wonder what it's like to be a 49ers fan and know that you passed on Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith. Atleast with the Carr draft, there wasn't a stud QB taken after him. LOL, Joey Harrington was just as bad.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

I wonder what it's like to be a 49ers fan and know that you passed on Aaron Rodgers for Alex Smith. Atleast with the Carr draft, there wasn't a stud QB taken after him. LOL, Joey Harrington was just as bad.
They were talking about this on the radio this past week. I don't really remember rodgers' exact issue myself but they were saying he had some arm issues coming out (weak) & that he didn't really interview well etc.. also that he was a jeff tedford guy & those guys are known to have issues transitioning to the league.

Basically said that the years he spent on the bench he worked on getting his arm stronger & bulking himself up..said that the years he spent behind Favre really helped him alot.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Bears moving the ball also.
Old 01-23-2011   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

First the Blackhawks lose, now if fortunes rolls the Bears lose. Good times. Let's see Chicago come up with a dumb song for this day.

As I post the Bears are doing a great job of answering. I love Championship weekend.
Old 01-23-2011   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
They were talking about this on the radio this past week. I don't really remember rodgers' exact issue myself but they were saying he had some arm issues coming out (weak) & that he didn't really interview well etc.. also that he was a jeff tedford guy & those guys are known to have issues transitioning to the league.

Basically said that the years he spent on the bench he worked on getting his arm stronger & bulking himself up..said that the years he spent behind Favre really helped him alot.
Even though he came from a Pro college set, I remember the word with him coming out was he wasn't very athletic, lacked accuracy on longer passes, and showed poor pocket presence.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Also, Niners had Mike McCarthy as their OC when they drafted Smith. They could have McCarthy and Rodgers right now!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Just curious to know if anyone watching the Bears defense notice any better play out of the DTs than what we've seen from Amobi & Cody?

Not that I necessarily disagree on Amobi's "bust" status. I do however wonder what the expectations of a 4-3 DT should be. More often than not, what I see from Amobi, imo, is pretty much the norm of what 4-3 defenses get out of that position.

I do understand expecting more from the player given his draft position. You take a DT at that spot, you expect Warren Sapp. I get that. But, you don't cut a player because he's not Warren Sapp. You don't bench a player because he's not Warren Sapp...... unless of course you have Warren Sapp on your team.

Anyway..... just saying.
Old 01-23-2011   #19
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Man that Packers defense looks good. The Packers defensive coordinator might make a really good head coach...
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Carr, Harrington, Smith...... all three started a significant number of games their first season in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers was able to watch, learn, & study before picking up some bad, bad habits.

Of course this is just theory, & we'll never know how things may have turned out, if things went differently.

For one, had the 49ers drafted Aaron Rodgers #1 overall, that coaching/drafting staff at that time would have been under much more scrutiny than they were. Had it not made a difference, & Rodgers performed as poorly as Smith.... that staff may not have been around as long as they were.

It is curious though, that Alex Smith is considered a bust for the work he's done in San Francisco.... Martz however parlayed his time there to a job with the Chicago Bears.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read