Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-23-2011   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oilers fans welcome back "Luv Ya Blue"

Did anyone go to this today?

News Story

Quote:
HOUSTON - There is a reason the Houston Oilers of the late 70ís got their nickname.

"I fell in love," said long-time Oilers fan Celise Pawlawski.

Celise and countless other Oilers fans got to relive those memories Saturday at Reliant Arena as they gathered up signature after signature, on helmets, pictures and flags of their "Loveya Blue Oilers".

"When I was little growing up I used to watch them with my uncle and my dad; it was nice," said Oilers fan Anthony Ramirez.

"It was a special time and we won, we won a lot of games," said former Oilers center Carl Mauck. "We did a lot of things for the people and the people did a lot of things for us."

A give and take perfectly illustrated when a little boy said meeting Hall of Fame defensive end Elvin Bethea made his day.

"Itís heartwarming and it makes you feel like you accomplished something," said Bethea.

And nothing has changed in the eyes of fans except for one little detail.
"I mean, back in 1978, when we had those winning seasons, it was great," said Bethea with a smile. "Now, you see everyone out of shape, bald headed."

Old age and all, Oilers fans, especially Celise, were in football heaven.
"It brought me and my mom to tears more than once," said Pawlawski. "This was like a dream come true."
Old 01-23-2011   #2
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oilers fans welcome back "Luv Ya Blue"

That was the Tristar Show in Houston yesterday...

I wanted to go sooooooo bad! Just couldn't come up with the coin so soon after Christmas.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oilers fans welcome back "Luv Ya Blue"

I would love to have gone to this but honestly, I can't justify the cost. It's really expensive to get a bunch of these autographs and while I totally get the need to charge for their time and stuff (for some it's their primary source of income now) I just don't have the disposable income to do it.

Sounds like it was a lot of fun though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read