Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-22-2011   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19488 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For small-school experts: Edmond Gates, ACU

This is a question for those small-school experts out there. I'm curious what you think about Edmond Gates - a Wide Receiver from my undergrad school, Abilene Christian University.

ACU has had some good success at placing NFL players in recent years, with players like Danieal Manning, Johnny Knox, and Bernard Scott all doing well after getting drafted. This year, Edmond Gates is the person that ACU is talking about. He's evidently going to the combine and the Senior Bowl. Plus, he's Bernard Scott's cousin. All of that should help him get noticed.

I don't really follow ACU's football program much (my info is mainly from the alumni news), so I'm curious how some of the people who analyze these things more see him as a prospect, and where he's likely to get drafted.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011   #2
fanofgame
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fanofgame could be on the next Madden coverfanofgame could be on the next Madden coverfanofgame could be on the next Madden coverfanofgame could be on the next Madden coverfanofgame could be on the next Madden coverfanofgame could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: For small-school experts: Edmond Gates, ACU

He is a very athletic WR..... Smaller guy at about 5'10 185lbs rumor has it he will run in the 4.35 to 4.42 range if he runs under 4.4 I think he gets drafted late 2nd to early 3rd......if he is over the 4.45. I am thinking anywhere from 4th to 6th.....but he will be drafted.
fanofgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011   #3
D2guy-proeyez
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 D2guy-proeyez could be on the next Madden coverD2guy-proeyez could be on the next Madden coverD2guy-proeyez could be on the next Madden coverD2guy-proeyez could be on the next Madden coverD2guy-proeyez could be on the next Madden coverD2guy-proeyez could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: For small-school experts: Edmond Gates, ACU

I agree with fanofgame,
Gates is extremly fast, everyone I have talked to says he may run in the mid 4.3 to 4.4 range. here is a good eval of gates with a film link also
http://www.beyondthecombine.com/inde...atid=6:reports
D2guy-proeyez is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read