Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-21-2011   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tampa Fires Offensive Line Coach

This is what I like about what they are doing down there. A great turnaround year. Doing good things and still tinkering. Not content. I'd like to see them be relevant again

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Quote:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Changes in Tampa: The Buccaneers fired their offensive line coach Pete Mangurian. The team wanted to go in a different direction.
Old 01-21-2011   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tampa Fires Offensive Line Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This is what I like about what they are doing down there. A great turnaround year. Doing good things and still tinkering. Not content. I'd like to see them be relevant again

what will you say if/when they come back & they suck b/c the o-line can't protect freeman?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They did improve this year but outside of Blunt they really weren't consistent offensively. Our Oline really played well this season.

I thought Myers did alot better against some very good DTs this season and based on how everyone points to the defense sucking because of coaching, I would say seeing Myers go from down right getting blown up against All Pro DTs to actually doing some protection, it was due to coaching.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
what will you say if/when they come back & they suck b/c the o-line can't protect freeman?
Hey Captain Defensive ....this isn't some comparison to the Texans. I just like what they are doing there. People need to learn that it is good to always try and get better. Even if you are actually on the right track you can always tinker. The way you phrased the question made it seem like people should always stay status quo because the alternative may be worse. That isn't how teams like the Pats and others operate...staying stagnant. I respect what Morris is doing. The O-line wasn't great to start.
Old 01-21-2011   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda off-topic, but I might've been wrong about Freeman when he came out of College. I didn't think he'd do much in the NFL. It appears he's doing pretty good and seems to be becoming the leader of that team. Time will tell
Old 01-21-2011   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Kinda off-topic, but I might've been wrong about Freeman when he came out of College. I didn't think he'd do much in the NFL. It appears he's doing pretty good and seems to be becoming the leader of that team. Time will tell
Agree. Big. Good arm. Keeps plays alive. Seems to already grasp the whole idea of trying to avoid negative plays.
Old 01-21-2011   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey Captain Defensive ....this isn't some comparison to the Texans. I just like what they are doing there. People need to learn that it is good to always try and get better. Even if you are actually on the right track you can always tinker. The way you phrased the question made it seem like people should always stay status quo because the alternative may be worse. That isn't how teams like the Pats and others operate...staying stagnant. I respect what Morris is doing. The O-line wasn't great to start.
You know i had to mess wit ya HF..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2011   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You know i had to mess wit ya HF..
I know. It is easy.to do.
Old 01-21-2011   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seattle made the playoffs, yet fired its offensive coordinator. Theyr'e not playing around. They're in it to win.

Unlike some teams...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read