Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-09-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default David Carr's Future

Which of these would you prefer for Carr
A. Him play his entire career and retire as a Texan
B. Play tha majority of his career as a Texan and retire some where else
c.Play for the Texans for and be succesful, then leave Texans, and then come back and retire as a Texan
D.Play half of his career as Texan and other half on another team and retire there.

I'm just wondering because the other day I thought of what it would be like to see our very 1st pick go.
Old 04-09-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

A. for sure, it seems to me like Carr is the type of player who will start his career somewhere and end it there !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

A if he can be successful here. . . I don't want any player that isn't going to be great for us!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005   #4
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
A. for sure, it seems to me like Carr is the type of player who will start his career somewhere and end it there !

I could also see him up and leaving if we can't get that OL taken care of. . . I don't think anyone wants to take the beating he has for the rest of a career
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005   #5
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

It will be intresting to see how Carr does. This is his 4th year and I don't know what you guys are planning to do for the O line problems or what you may have already done. Either way this is that year where I think Carr will Explode and show why he was selected #1 overall in the 2002 draft. I always tell fans who are non believers of their QB (not that you guys don't believe in Carr) after three years in the league Brett Favre threw 37 TD's and 39 INT's not the greatest way to start of your career but just look at Favre now.
Old 04-11-2005   #6
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Carr should improve this year as well, but if you look at last years stats Carr did not do to bad.
Old 04-11-2005   #7
JacksonvilleJaguar4
Rookie

^ yeah he did set a bunch of career highs last season, and even behind a poor line he still passed for 3,500+ yards
Old 04-11-2005   #8
outofhnd
All Pro

It will be A if he doesnt get protection from the O line he may retire years before he should have. Thebeating Carr has taken takes years off a QB.its amazing to me that with all the shots he has taken that he hasnt suffered a concussion.

Just ask Stan Humphries about concussions and how they shortened his career. They ended it right after he was starting to really establish himself as a really good QB.
Old 04-11-2005   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If you look at most of the sacks he has suffered. He makes sure he doesn't take the brunt of the hit and kinda just goes down.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Carr will have a fine career, win a couple of Super Bowls and retire as a Texan, having spent his entire career in Houston.
Look for him to light it up as Palmer feeds some more of his playbook to him and we start seeing the offense really gel.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #11
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

I also think that Carr can have a wonderful career here as a Texan. He does need a good OL and i agree with that. It would be awesome if he would win a few superbowls and just have a great career with the Houston Texans. He has a lot to offer to us.
Old 04-16-2005   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

His O-line will surprise you this season. I look for Carr to throw 25+ TD's and DD to push 2,000 total yds. I would rather see them upgrade at center than tackle. Hard to step up in a concave pocket.
Old 04-16-2005   #13
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

Yeah, i really do hope that our O line will make a lot of us happy this upcoming year. He should have a great season.
Old 04-16-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmmmmmmmmmmmm
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005   #15
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Why do you see hmmmm, don't you think he's going to have a good year for us?
Old 04-17-2005   #16
texan37664
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
i hope retires after this season and may be then the texans will be able to land a legit QB
What are you????? Retarded!!!! Carr will be in the top 5 QB's in the league as soon as we get him some protection. I challenge you to name any QB who would have done a better job behind this O-line!!!! No Tony Banks did not do better than DC so don't even think about it.....

Last edited by texan37664; 04-18-2005 at 05:10 AM.
texan37664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Banks did when he got some PT year before last....but I wouldn't consider him the better QB.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd chalk most of it up to experienced NFL QB coming and in keeping it together while young, naive QB struggles in his early days. Banks isn't that bad, and Carr isn't in a position where he needs to worry about being replaced. There is some middle ground but most people want to race to each extreme when it comes to sports opinions I believe.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #19
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
i hope he retires after this season and may be then the texans will be able to land a legit QB
man what are you talking about, carr is our quarterback, there are not many quarterbacks as young as him that carry his potential. he passed for 3500 yards and was second in the league in rushing yards for a qb, he isnt vick when it comes to the run, but the guy can move. and he has a cannon with some accuracy. is he peyton manning at this point? no. but come on, i would take carr over a lot of QB's in the league. he will have a strong future for the organization, and will be leading us for years to come
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Carr's gonna be a helluva QB for a lot of years. Joe Montana or John Elway wouldn't have faired any better on an expansion team. I bet he WOULD be comparable to Manning or Brady if he had gone to an established team( As long as that team isn't Detroit, poor Harrington). LOL

We can't be sitting here complaining with only 3 yrs under their belts. Besides, we didn't get a lot of front line, grade A starters in the supplemental draft. Give the front office some time to get better through the draft. I like the direction Houston is heading. I predict Houston over any NFC team in the Super Bowl in 2009(with Houston hosting the BIG GAME)!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read