Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-18-2011   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2011 Senior Bowl Game

http://www.seniorbowl.com/

Quote:
The 2011 Under Armour Senior Bowl is scheduled for Saturday, January 29, 2011, in Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

The 2011 game will kickoff at 3:00 pm CST and the contest will be nationally-televised by NFL Network.
Current Roster

A TON of possible first round talent.

Bailey, Allen DE 6-4 / 285 Miami
Carimi, Gabe OL 6-7 / 327 Wisconsin
Clayborn, Adrian DE 6-4 / 285 Iowa
Castonzo, Anthony OL 6-7 / 308 Boston College
Dowling, Ras-I DB 6-2 / 205 Virginia
Hudson, Rodney OL 6-2 / 282 Florida State
Jones, Greg LB 6-1 / 240 Michigan State
Locker, Jake QB 6-3 / 230 Washington
Murray, DeMarco RB 6-1 / 207 Oklahoma
Nevis, Drake DL 6-2 / 285 LSU
Sherrod, Derek OL 6-6 / 305 Mississippi State
Thomas, Daniel RB 6-2 / 228 Kansas State
Williams, D.J. TE 6-2 / 251 Arkansas
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #2
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: 2011 Senior Bowl Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
http://www.seniorbowl.com/

Current Roster

A TON of possible first round talent.

Bailey, Allen DE 6-4 / 285 Miami
Carimi, Gabe OL 6-7 / 327 Wisconsin
Clayborn, Adrian DE 6-4 / 285 Iowa
Castonzo, Anthony OL 6-7 / 308 Boston College
Dowling, Ras-I DB 6-2 / 205 Virginia
Hudson, Rodney OL 6-2 / 282 Florida State
Jones, Greg LB 6-1 / 240 Michigan State
Locker, Jake QB 6-3 / 230 Washington
Murray, DeMarco RB 6-1 / 207 Oklahoma
Nevis, Drake DL 6-2 / 285 LSU
Sherrod, Derek OL 6-6 / 305 Mississippi State
Thomas, Daniel RB 6-2 / 228 Kansas State
Williams, D.J. TE 6-2 / 251 Arkansas
I will take one of each..please drive through
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #3
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I will take one of each..please drive through
Id take Dowling - Was a projected first rounder last year, had injuries senior year - I'd def. take him if he was available in 3rd/4th..but i imagine he'll go in the 2nd
Old 01-19-2011   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

And don't forget Von Miller from your list of top senior candidates. I'm especially looking forward to the week of practice before the game when they telecast the one-on-one drills including the pass-rushing drills.
And Draft guru favorite Mike Mayock is back on the scene - totally enjoy his commentary and analysis.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Senior bowl practice week. It's a lot of fun to watch.
Old 01-19-2011   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any good sites for news on senior bowl performances?

Or should I just wait on all you draft junkies to fill me in?
Old 01-19-2011   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Any good sites for news on senior bowl performances?

Or should I just wait on all you draft junkies to fill me in?
Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown.com will have weigh-in data, daily practice updates, and rumors regarding which team is looking at which players in Mobile.

Great Blue North draft report has updates on the East-West Shrine practices and weigh-ins.
Old 01-19-2011   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown.com will have weigh-in data, daily practice updates, and rumors regarding which team is looking at which players in Mobile.

Great Blue North draft report has updates on the East-West Shrine practices and weigh-ins.
Terrance Tolliver LSU 6-3.5 211 - whoever drafts him will be a happy camper. sure would be a nice #2 WR for Texans, doubt he'll last til 3rd rd. though?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...n-results.html
This link has the SB weighin data - check it out.
For example, Von Miller came in at 237 lbs, 6'2.5" & 34 " arms. Not bad -
I like the arm length and I'm not surprised he's < 240.
Stephen Paea came in at 295 lbs, 6'1", & 33 & 4/8 " arms. Not good - lite and short.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen some posters on here pushing Paea as a NT and I'm just not buying it.

I buy the first round grade that people have on him. I have him graded in the top 25. But I think he is a 43 guy only.

I think some people are so desperate for us to grab a NT that they are pushing guys who don't fit into that spot.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #11
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I go to draftdaddy.com the blog section has highlights from around the country, and it also highlights some of the national guys.

I use the site year round.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've seen some posters on here pushing Paea as a NT and I'm just not buying it.

I buy the first round grade that people have on him. I have him graded in the top 25. But I think he is a 43 guy only.

I think some people are so desperate for us to grab a NT that they are pushing guys who don't fit into that spot.
Ill say that I am not buying Fairley #1 overall to the panthers. The last time a DT was drafted #1 overall was in 1994. Dan Wilkenson.

Rookie head coach Ron Rivera will take either a QB to grow with, or Bowers. Dark horse is Peterson.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #13
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Orgeon State DT Stephen Paea, a potential 1st rd pick, out rest of Sr. Bowl. MRI, suspected lateral meniscus knee injury

RavensInsider

LSU corner Patrick Peterson says he has meetings with the Houston Texans, Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Redskins, Saints and 49ers
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Ill say that I am not buying Fairley #1 overall to the panthers. The last time a DT was drafted #1 overall was in 1994. Dan Wilkenson.

Rookie head coach Ron Rivera will take either a QB to grow with, or Bowers. Dark horse is Peterson.
I can't see a QB in this class going #1 overall. That would be a tremendous waste considering the talent available.

I think either A.J. Green, DaQuan Bowers, or Patrick Peterson go number one. I think Bowers is most likely.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #15
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Per Scout.com

Quote:
The Houston Texans met with Virginia Tech DB Rashad Carmichael, who had two interceptions during Monday's North Team practice. That isolated fact may instantly make him an upgrade over every other player in Houston's historically inept secondary.
LOL
Old 01-25-2011   #16
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Carmichael in the 3rd or 4th. Ball hawk that the secondary lacks.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI on some Huskers.

Helu Jr, has been impressive so far.
Niles Paul has looked like an NFL WR without actually showing anything with ball in the air.
Alex Henery has been punting there and doing it poorly.
Eric Hagg has looked really bad from all accounts, I was really disappointed in this, looks like he is not an option for us after all like I thought he might be. Good college player, not a pro perhaps.
Mike McNeil, TE, being compared favourably to Colt Tammi, able to stretch the field along the seam.
Old 01-25-2011   #18
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

titus is looking super quick out there.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
titus is looking super quick out there.
Yes he is.

As bad as we need defense I would consider taking him in the 3rd rd.

Dude is a playmaker and would look great opposite AJ.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

The Cal Defensive end, didn't catch the name is tearing the place apart from all reports.

Apparently he has been playing a bit of DT too, is he big enough for us to look at?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read