Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2011   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Eagles fire DC Sean McDermott

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6025347

Quote:
Less than a week after Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said that defensive coordinator Sean McDermott would return in 2011, the Eagles have fired McDermott, according to sources.

McDermott, 36, came under heavy criticism in a season in which the Eagles allowed a franchise-high 31 touchdown passes and had the worst red-zone defense in the NFL. However, Reid said in a season-ending news conference that McDermott would be retained as defensive coordinator.

Within three days after that declaration, sources say Reid informed McDermott that he had changed his mind and would relieve McDermott of his duties after two years as the team's defensive coordinator.

McDermot replaced the legendary Jim Johnson, who died of cancer in 2009. He adapted Johnson's aggressive style of defense but in 2010, McDermott was forced to adjust because of a injuries to key veterans, which forced many young players onto the field. The Eagles allowed at least 24 points in 11 games this season.

The Eagles have not made a public announcement regarding McDerrmott's departure in hopes of allowing him to find another job.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported in October that McDermott's authority as defensive coordinator was in jeopardy.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Eagles fire DC Sean McDermott

Damnit! Rick Rolled!!!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Damnit! Rick Rolled!!!
No, it's true. He really did get fired.
Old 01-15-2011   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
No, it's true. He really did get fired.
There's a special place in hades for you Mr. White! +1 rep for getting me... low life
Old 01-15-2011   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's a special place in hades for you Mr. White! +1 rep for getting me... low life
You clicked the wrong link. First time he got me, it destroyed my computer...

Well, I did have to do a recovery!
Old 01-15-2011   #6
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In one season he went from a person a bunch of people saw as a potential HC to fired.

He will land as a DC elsewhere. Probably in a 3-4. My early prediction: Denver as Fox transitions the Broncos from a 3-4 back to a 4-3.

I'd offer him a LB job though in Htown!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Andy Reid the NFL King of Flip-Floppers, or what? Me thinks he has a career in politics.
Old 01-15-2011   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
You clicked the wrong link. First time he got me, it destroyed my computer...

Well, I did have to do a recovery!
It used to be a lot worse than it is now, but I had no idea it was that bad.
Old 01-15-2011   #9
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Basically, if Andy Ried says something these days, he means the opposite.

Kobb is our starting QB; a few days later, Vick is the starter.
McDermott is our 2011 DC; a few days later, he's fired.

Basically, those aren't man boobs on Andy, they're real tits.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It used to be a lot worse than it is now, but I had no idea it was that bad.
Well, it was on the work computer... and that one runs Vista
Old 01-15-2011   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

I guess injuries and turnover took their toll on the Eagles D.

They've been one of those teams that cuts bait on players while they still have some gas in the tank. I guess that bites you in the ass sometimes.

I can't believe McDermott got fired though. It's a pretty odd time to do it. Seems like if you're going to fire a guy, the time to do it would be right when the season's over.
Old 01-15-2011   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Eagles Send Sean McDermott Packing

Quote:
Two years ago, Eagles defensive backs coach Sean McDermott was promoted to the position of defensive coordinator, due to the serious health issues of Jim Johnson, who later would succumb to cancer.

Less than a week after the Eagles’ season ended in the playoffs, McDermott has been fired, according to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

Hints of trouble for McDermott came when coach Andy Reid became more involved in the defense. In late October, ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio said that McDermott could soon be out.

“There is no question about that,” Paolantonio said. “I don’t know how much input Dick Jauron has in the defensive game plan, I’m sure he has quite a bit, but eventually they may have to make a switch there.”

Some criticized Paolantonio for suggesting that Reid would fire McDermott. (We suggest that Paolantonio not hold his breath in anticipation of any apologies.)

The move comes at a time when Eagles assistant Dick Jauron is drawing interest in Cleveland. Reid possibly realizes that the time has come to bump Jauron up. To do so, Reid first had to bump McDermott out.
Old 01-15-2011   #13
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Does McDermott do Linebackers? If so, good choice imo
Old 01-15-2011   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Nah, he was an outstanding secondary coach...
Old 01-15-2011   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was linebackers coach for one year (2007)

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
After Reid named Kobb the starter, then Vick, then Kobb, then Vick again.......... all in a matter of days......... I wouldn't feel safe with a nod from Reid.
Old 02-01-2011   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles request permission to interview Jon Hoke.

Quote:
The Eagles have requested permission to interview Bears DBs coach Jon Hoke for their defensive coordinator position.

He's competing with Packers safeties coach Darren Perry, among perhaps others. Unlike Perry -- whose team is still playing -- Hoke can be immediately interviewed. It remains to be seen whether the Bears grant that permission
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL
Old 02-01-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Eagles request permission to interview Jon Hoke.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL
Why would the Eagles want Hoke? What's the connection?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read