Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-13-2011   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wes Welker drops f-bombs towards the Jets

http://deadspin.com/5732917/

Didn't know Wes Welker could go in on people like that
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wes Welker drops f-bombs towards the Jets

I can't open it but is it the link where he constantly makes foot references?One of the best and most underrated Q&A sessions where he made fun of Rex Ryan. A ninja.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oot-metaphors/

Quote:
1. On this week of preparation: “Everybody’s putting their best foot forward.”

2. On young players in the playoffs: “You can’t just stick your toe in the water. You gotta jump right in.”

3. On playing this year as opposed to last year: “It’s definitely different. You know, you’ve got your foot up in the air trying to get the swelling to go down. Definitely excited about the opportunity to get out there and have some fun.”

4. On the opportunity this week: “These are the games you play for. What you spend all year getting ready for and you just want to put your best foot forward.”

5. On Revis: “He’s got great feet.”

6. On Revis again: “He’s very patient, has good feet.”

7. On Deion Branch: “He runs some really good routes out there . . . He’s another guy with great feet and can really move around.”

8. On practice: “You want to make sure you’re putting your best foot forward out there and making it happen.”

9. More on practice: “Us going out there and being good little foot soliders and making sure we’re going out there and doing everything coach asks us to do.”

10. On seeing new things in the playoffs: “You definitely have to be on your toes and make sure you’re ready to go.”

Genius. Since this is clearly the most important post I’ll ever write at PFT, let’s analyze further.

Welker is deadpan as ever with his delivery, so there’s no way he can really be called out for it. A few clues indicate that it’s not just a coincidence. Jackie MacMullan of ESPNBoston.com wrote a great feature on Welker. Part of it is about what a huge prankster he is.

“Put Wes, Matt [Cassel] and Larry Izzo in a room, and they are ‘The Three Stooges,’” Tom Brady said.

Welker got his first “foot” reference in on his first question and rarely let up in his ten minutes of talking. He also appears to be stifling a smile and/or laugh after his two most ridiculous references — No. 2 and No. 9.
Old 01-14-2011   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Heard this on Mike & Mike this morning....good stuff!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yet another reason to like the Pats. The dude is funny.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

That is the greatest thing I have ever read. When I clicked on the thread I was thinking, "no way Wes lost his cool, he's always been a stand up guy". I was thinking of a different "f-bomb".

From the comments

Quote:
we're going to give Rex what he wants. Defeat.
Old 01-14-2011   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG.

Just became a Pats fan now. Go Pats! Beat the Jets!

Welker gave me a reason to care now. He nullifies the dooshy-ness of Tom Brady with that bit of comedy there.

I mean, can you imagine how embarrassing that is, for Rex and the Jets, to have that out there and know everybody is laughing at them? LOL. Full bucket of awesome.
Old 01-14-2011   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
OMG.

Just became a Pats fan now. Go Pats! Beat the Jets!

Welker gave me a reason to care now. He nullifies the dooshy-ness of Tom Brady with that bit of comedy there.

I mean, can you imagine how embarrassing that is, for Rex and the Jets, to have that out there and know everybody is laughing at them? LOL. Full bucket of awesome.
Nothing nullifies the "douchiness" (is that even a word? ) of Thomasina Brady! Rex Ryan is a tool and I want them to beat NewEngland by a last second field goal for two reasons:

1. I like seeing Belecheat, his cinematographer and Thomasina unhappy.

2. Seeing Ryan and company going into either Baltimore or Pittsburgh to be obliterated by either Ray Lewis or James Harrison and exposed as the frauds they are will make my season especially if one of those deserving teams wins it all.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2011   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I can't open it but is it the link where he constantly makes foot references?One of the best and most underrated Q&A sessions where he made fun of Rex Ryan. A ninja.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oot-metaphors/
That is hilarious!! Reminds me A LOT of David Anderson. Exactly something he would do. Awesome
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Nothing nullifies the "douchiness" (is that even a word? ) of Thomasina Brady!
I agree, Dread. He's a great QB and the Pats are a great team, but I just can't hang with them. Jets either, heck, I hope they beat the living hell out of each other.

After watching Brady constantly whine and cry to the refs after a hand brushing his helmet or some other puh c type hit. Screw'em
Old 01-14-2011   #10
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Not exactly Wes Welker related but cover(?) of the NY Post:

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Not exactly Wes Welker related but cover(?) of the NY Post:

Okay...that's just funny. Who's Chewbaca?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 01-14-2011   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Nothing nullifies the "douchiness" (is that even a word? ) of Thomasina Brady! Rex Ryan is a tool and I want them to beat NewEngland by a last second field goal for two reasons:

1. I like seeing Belecheat, his cinematographer and Thomasina unhappy.

2. Seeing Ryan and company going into either Baltimore or Pittsburgh to be obliterated by either Ray Lewis or James Harrison and exposed as the frauds they are will make my season especially if one of those deserving teams wins it all.
Go Pats. :provokingyoutoanger:
Old 01-14-2011   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Go Pats. :provokingyoutoanger:

"Personally I like to egg him on. Hey dad! Has the movie started yet?"

:Bartholomew Jojo Simpson
Old 01-14-2011   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

yeah, i lol'd
Old 01-14-2011   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 121821 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rex Ryan must be pissed. I bet he ordered his defense to after Wes and not to be *****footin around.

Probably what the FoTD thread would look like if Rex had a message board.
Old 01-14-2011   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Mangold tries to respond but a weak effort

http://twitter.com/#!/nickmangold

Quote:
nickmangold Nick Mangold
Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate
Old 01-15-2011   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Nick Mangold tries to respond but a weak effort

http://twitter.com/#!/nickmangold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPLQ43JVYU

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #18
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy Crap, they are benching Welker to start the game over this.
Old 01-16-2011   #19
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

hahaaah wes welker is being sat down for the start of the game for his tirade
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #20
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Holy Crap, they are benching Welker to start the game over this.
Yeah, Belichek took it a step too far with that punishment.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read