Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-13-2011   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My Early Texan Mock

1st Von Miller ... OLB Texas A&M . He gets to the QB and the Texans learned their lesson with VY and take an Aggie . I also considered Aldon Smith but he'd be the same as Barwin .

2nd. Ahmad Black ... FS Florida ... winning team with a nose for the ball .
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=SS

3rd . Kendrick Ellis ... a human eclipse . http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DT

4th . Curtis Marsh ... CB Utah State ... a bit raw after playing RB his first two years but has a lot of upside . Also a KR . http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=CB

5th . Colin Kaepernick ... QB Nevada . He's 6'6 and runs a 4.5 40 . Known more for his accuracy than arm strength but one heck of an athelete . Why ... cause Matt L is gone and Dan O is not the future .
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=QB

6th . Alex Henery ... K/P Nebraska

7th . Cedric Thornton ... DE Southern Arkansas . I think he's 6'5 285 and is someone to groom . http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DT

This mock was inspired by Beerlover , Budlight and some Hot Damn 100 .

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-13-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Early Texan Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
1st Von Miller ... OLB Texas A&M . He gets to the QB and the Texans learned their lesson with VY and take an Aggie . I also considered Aldon Smith but he'd be the same as Barwin .

3rd . Kendrick Ellis ... a human eclipse .

4th . Curtis Marsh ... CB Utah State ... a bit raw after playing RB his first two years but has a lot of upside . Also a KR .

5th . Colin Kaepernick ... QB Nevada . He's 6'6 and runs a 4.5 40 . Known more for his accuracy than arm strength but one heck of an athelete . Why ... cause Matt L is gone and Dan O is not the future .

6th . Hennery ... K/P Nebraska

7th . Cedric Thornton ... DE Southern Arkansas . I think he's 6'5 285 and is someone to groom .

wow, your quick

like Black in second he is a worthy FS prospect. don't want another project CB but DE that's another thing

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

3rd . Kendrick Ellis ... a human eclipse .

4th . Curtis Marsh ... CB Utah State ... a bit raw after playing RB his first two years but has a lot of upside . Also a KR .

6th . Hennery ... K/P Nebraska

7th . Cedric Thornton ... DE Southern Arkansas . I think he's 6'5 285 and is someone to groom .

1. Miller, like it, like Smith more

2. Black, Like it

3. Ellis, Like it, You would probably have to switch Blak and Ellis draft rds. Black should be there in the 3rd.

4. Marsh, dont know anything about him, But JJ will probably be gone and if Marsh is a good PR/KR this is a good pick. Maybe Marsh can be a nickle CB.

5 Kaepernick, great pick, His arm is plenty strong enough, 94 MPH fastball., he has a long release which is a problem. But something Kubiak can work with him on. QB's that are 6'5 run a 4.5 40 with a 94 mph fastball dont grow on trees.

6. Henery, Love it

7. Thorton, Dont know anthing about him but a small school DE with great measurables seems like a good pick in the 7th rd.

I would be very happy with this draft and 2-3 FA additions. Good job
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
wow, your quick

like Black in second he is a worthy FS prospect. don't want another project CB but DE that's another thing
Other 4th round considerations was Krist O' Dowd . I may have combed over some more players ( WR ) and I really like the two way player from Stanford .

Round Dan
Old 01-13-2011   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Miller, like it, like Smith more

2. Black, Like it

3. Ellis, Like it, You would probably have to switch Blak and Ellis draft rds. Black should be there in the 3rd.

4. Marsh, dont know anything about him, But JJ will probably be gone and if Marsh is a good PR/KR this is a good pick. Maybe Marsh can be a nickle CB.

5 Kaepernick, great pick, His arm is plenty strong enough, 94 MPH fastball., he has a long release which is a problem. But something Kubiak can work with him on. QB's that are 6'5 run a 4.5 40 with a 94 mph fastball dont grow on trees.

6. Henery, Love it

7. Thorton, Dont know anthing about him but a small school DE with great measurables seems like a good pick in the 7th rd.

I would be very happy with this draft and 2-3 FA additions. Good job
I picked Smith first and backed off because I thought him and Barwin were the same player . I'm not sure if that's bad .

Round Dan
Old 01-13-2011   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I picked Smith first and backed off because I thought him and Barwin were the same player . I'm not sure if that's bad .
If things work out and Smith can play OLB great.

The reason I would take Smith is if Barwin doesn't make it back from his gruesome injury, Smith would provide great insurance.

Having 2 players with the talent of Barwin wouldn't be a bad thing?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Other 4th round considerations was Krist O' Dowd . I may have combed over some more players ( WR ) and I really like the two way player from Stanford .
Owen Marecic could kill two birds with one stone. Well actually three, he is also outstanding on special teams, can back-up ILB & FB positions.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read