Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery

No information of what the findings or extent of injuries were.

Quote:
Andre Johnson underwent what he called successful ankle surgery Wednesday, the same day he was named first-team Sporting News All-Pro.

Johnson, a wide receiver for the Houston Texans, missed the final two games of the regular season after playing through a high-ankle sprain throughout all but one game of the regular season.

Johnson said via Twitter he underwent surgery Wednesday.

"Thanks everyone for your support," Johnson tweeted Wednesday afternoon. "The procedure on my ankle went very well."
LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery

Best of luck to you AJ!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for that Cloak! Much obliged.
Old 01-12-2011   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Will he be ready to go next year...provided there is a next year?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #5
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger1 View Post
Will he be ready to go next year...provided there is a next year?
And the plot thickens.......
Old 01-12-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be good to go when the Colts sign him. (JK)

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post

Can you imagine AJ against our secondary this year? He'd have 200+ yards!
Old 01-12-2011   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

Can you imagine aj against our secondary this year? He'd have 200+ yards!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

Can you imagine AJ against our secondary this year? He'd have 200+ yards!
Quote:
Surely you jest...

With PM as his qb, gonna be 600 easy!
Old 01-12-2011   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good News

Have you ever heard a surgeon say that a surgery on an athlete didn't go well?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
No information of what the findings or extent of injuries were.

LINK
Hey Doc Jean, just curious.... I thought this type of injury (high ankle sprain) only required rest for recovery. That said, my question is, why would surgery be required???

It goes without saying that I appreciate your response and explanation.... You make me feel smarter, that way!
Old 01-12-2011   #12
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I cast you out of this forum sir!!!!!

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2011   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey Doc Jean, just curious.... I thought this type of injury (high ankle sprain) only required rest for recovery. That said, my question is, why would surgery be required???

It goes without saying that I appreciate your response and explanation.... You make me feel smarter, that way!
Because he kept playing on it and eventually suffered more extensive injuries to the ankle.
Old 01-12-2011   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good News

This. Give us some indication as to when we will know if the surgery really worked or not.

I always assume that this means there was no immediate issues like infection or more damage than thought, etc., but if CND could explain the "successful" surgery stuff, I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-12-2011   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, this is just another case of "ignore what they say." All I get from this is that AJ had surgery.

No surgery on an athlete can be considered successful until they're back on the field and performing up to their previous ability for several games.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Because he kept playing on it and eventually suffered more extensive injuries to the ankle.
Quote:
Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
This. Give us some indication as to when we will know if the surgery really worked or not.

I always assume that this means there was no immediate issues like infection or more damage than thought, etc., but if CND could explain the "successful" surgery stuff, I would really appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
To me, this is just another case of "ignore what they say." All I get from this is that AJ had surgery.
No surgery on an athlete can be considered successful until they're back on the field and performing up to their previous ability for several games.
For those interested, it would probably be worthwhile to paruse my posts on on at least the last 3 pages of this ANDRE JOHNSON THREAD

Pencil Neck is correct, WHAT WE KNOW: AJ HAD SURGERY........AND LIVED THROUGH IT. It doesn't even mean that there weren't any intra-operative "complications," just that it is implied that if there were, they were overcome. We don't know what the MRI showed going into the surgery. We only know that he definitely had high ligament damage which progressed to at least low ligament damage (from continued trauma/play) and probably cartilage and/or boney damage requiring arthroscopic surgery. Success could just refer to removal or repair of loose cartilage or bone. If you remove it, then you may have been left with still a poor prognosis of what I first referred to in the past as "bone on bone" with DD. A surgery gone well does not necessarily correlate with the ultimate outcome of the athlete's performance. For example, Charles Spencer had a massive set of injuries. The jigsaw puzzle pieces were put together.........."successful surgery." Performance outcome?....................
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good News

This is what I was thinking. I can't imagine a surgeon or a team spokesman coming out saying something to the contrary. I doubt the doctors would every operate on an athlete again if they screwed up on someone like ANDRE JOHNSON. How could you live that down?

Even if it didn't go well and it required follow up surgery, I doubt we would hear about it until after everything was fixed. No reason to give a negative report and dismay the team and fans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read