Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2011   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New Broncos organization reaching out in unique ways

Quote:
New Broncos organization reaching out in unique ways

When the Denver Broncos recently announced the hire of former all-time quarterback John Elway as their new executive vice president of football operations, it marked an entirely new way of doing things than we had seen under the ineffectively secretive Josh McDaniels or in the history of the NFL.

All of a sudden, Elway popped up on Twitter, announcing everything from the names of new potential head coach candidates to his thoughts on the future of quarterback Tim Tebow(notes). It's been refreshing for fans, and a look in the eye to those NFL organizations who believe that CIA-level confidentiality must accompany every single move they make -- down to a change in the brand of bathroom tissue in the coach's office lavatory.

Now, Elway and his team have upped the ante when it comes to giving the fans an inside view. They've posted snippets of the pre-interviews with current interim coach Eric Studesville and New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. The linked videos give unique insight into the thought processes of the men interviewing to become Denver's newest head coach. One has to wonder if Rick Dennison and John Fox, who are expected to interview by Wednesday, will do their own videos, but the signs are good -- Elway told the fans via his Twitter account just exactly why Fox's interview was delayed.

Full story
Interesting concept. Since the Texans have tended to be Denver South, I wonder if any of this apparent transparency will rub off.
Old 01-12-2011   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New Broncos organization reaching out in unique ways

Wow!!!!

See, this is the type of thing I want from my team: Transparency that tells me I'm in on the deal.

Instead, it's like: Hey, ummm...here it is. Enjoy it!

This concept by Elway is awesome. It completely reverses a negative tone that McDaniels portrayed (the I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else ploy). This is going to win over the fans and give them a sense of normalcy and a sense of community.

On the other side, you've got the so-called CIA-style mafia here in Houston...acting like you only need to know what they tell you to know. It offends this fan. I'm growing tired of it. Just talk plainly, shoot me the straight poop on things. I'll have more grace for my team's failure if I'm just not treated like a child who should leave things to the big boys.

Good for Broncos fans. Success or not, they at least will be treated to a better fan experience by being allowed to be "in on the deal" rather than told to eat it and like it.
Old 01-12-2011   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans are less "CIA" and more about being driven by a marketing-filter. It's been that way since the beginning of the franchise.
Old 01-12-2011   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 50323 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Texans "twits".....

"We're gonna act like we're interviewing numerous DC's, but Wade's already in my office..."

"Called Marvin Lewis to see what's up, he hung up on us."

"Cushing is MASSIVE at USC - he must train alot... we like him"

"McNair: well, Capers as a 2nd time head coach didn't work out, maybe I oughta go younger and find a coordinator...."

"McNair: I wonder if I can flick a peanut from my skybox into Capers open mouth on the sidelines..."

.... but yeah, it'd be cool to have a little more inside information.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Texans "twits".....

"We're gonna act like we're interviewing numerous DC's, but Wade's already in my office..."

"Called Marvin Lewis to see what's up, he hung up on us."

"Cushing is MASSIVE at USC - he must train alot... we like him"

"McNair: well, Capers as a 2nd time head coach didn't work out, maybe I oughta go younger and find a coordinator...."

"McNair: I wonder if I can flick a peanut from my skybox into Capers open mouth on the sidelines..."

.... but yeah, it'd be cool to have a little more inside information.
+Rep. Nice
Old 01-12-2011   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps Elway's experience in the AFL has helped him go this route. I wanna see how this works if they end up making the wrong moves though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #7
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Perhaps Elway's experience in the AFL has helped him go this route. I wanna see how this works if they end up making the wrong moves though.
Spot on. The fans will only use stuff like this as ammunition against the decision makers.

If Bob tweeted what was going on everyday, you think people would love him? Nope - it'd just give more fire to scream at him.

And if you are winning - well who cares what you know and don't know!
Old 01-12-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Wow!!!!

See, this is the type of thing I want from my team: Transparency that tells me I'm in on the deal.

Instead, it's like: Hey, ummm...here it is. Enjoy it!

This concept by Elway is awesome. It completely reverses a negative tone that McDaniels portrayed (the I'm Smarter Than Everyone Else ploy). This is going to win over the fans and give them a sense of normalcy and a sense of community.

On the other side, you've got the so-called CIA-style mafia here in Houston...acting like you only need to know what they tell you to know. It offends this fan. I'm growing tired of it. Just talk plainly, shoot me the straight poop on things. I'll have more grace for my team's failure if I'm just not treated like a child who should leave things to the big boys.

Good for Broncos fans. Success or not, they at least will be treated to a better fan experience by being allowed to be "in on the deal" rather than told to eat it and like it.
I don't want my team broadcasting their thoughts and intentions to the rest of the league. I prefer a team that plays it smart like the Pats and the Eagles. I prefer a team with boring press conferences that don't really tell you anything. I prefer sleight of hand and jedi mind-tricks.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't want my team broadcasting their thoughts and intentions to the rest of the league. I prefer a team that plays it smart like the Pats and the Eagles. I prefer a team with boring press conferences that don't really tell you anything. I prefer sleight of hand and jedi mind-tricks.
Exactly. Who do folks hold up as the best franchises around? - New England and Pittsburgh. You hear jack from them.
Old 01-12-2011   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm cool with that, too. But, there was absolutely no tactical advantage in some of the things the Texans pull, going all the way back to Boselli.

Bob should just man up and tell fans that Gary is his guy and he's going to keep him until he figures it out and wins. But, it will never happen because of the marketing filter.

Many aspect of operations should be secret, without a doubt. But no way does everything need to be treated that way, which is sort of the point of the article. JMO
Old 01-12-2011   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm cool with that, too. But, there was absolutely no tactical advantage in some of the things the Texans pull, going all the way back to Boselli.

Bob should just man up and tell fans that Gary is his guy and he's going to keep him until he figures it out and wins. But, it will never happen because of the marketing filter.

Many aspect of operations should be secret, without a doubt. But no way does everything need to be treated that way, which is sort of the point of the article. JMO
So just out of curiosity, do you believe Gary is going into next season genuinely believing his job is safe for the 2012 season regardless of the team's performance in the 2011 season (assuming there is one)?
Old 01-12-2011   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What did the Texans do wrong with Boselli? Sometimes shit just doesn't work out.
Old 01-12-2011   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Elway, Broncos embark on new era of openness

Wouldn't it be nice to have more transparency in our organization?

Quote:
January 12th, 2011
The Josh McDaniels era in Denver was one of secrecy, where the doors were closed tighter than the Soviet Union’s during the Cold War.

But with a new regime comes new methods and new Vice President of Football Operations John Elway is opening things up in a Glasnost-like manner.

Elway started a Twitter page after being hired and has kept his more than 35,000 followers apprised of the team’s head coaching search and even squashing rumors that the team is shopping Tim Tebow.

“Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false,” Elway posted on Saturday.

He has also posted what coaches were being considered for interviews and even which coaches have removed their names from consideration, such as Mike Mularkey and Gregg Williams.

Elway seems to be committed to bringing the fans in closer and attempt to regain the trust of the fans, something he said he would like to do at his introductory press conference, but who knew the team would go to these lengths.

“This is first time that having been in the community, of hearing Broncos fans wondering what was going on over there at Dove Valley. I will tell you this — (Broncos owner Pat Bowlen) has bestowed (this) on me to make sure that we never lose that connection,” Elway said last week.

Elway has also posted updates about the upcoming interview with John Fox, which was delayed two days due to weather in North Carolina and even asked his followers what they would ask if they were conducting the interviews.

Another interesting thing the Broncos are doing is posting videos of a pre interview with head coaching candidates on the team’s website. This gives fans a chance to hear the next potential head coach speak on camera briefly before meeting with Elway, team President Joe Ellis and the rest of the interviewing staff.

So far, interviews with interim head coach Eric Studesville, Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, Houston Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison and Jacksonville offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter have been uploaded and can be seen at www.denverbroncos.com.

The fans already seem to have responded positively, posting mostly complimentary comments on online articles, such as Doug Farrar’s piece on www.yahoo.com.

So while Glasnost may not have led to a long-lasting Soviet Union, this new era of openness and transparency in Denver is scratching Broncos fans right where they itch and could build trust for years to come between the team and the fan base.
LINK

Meanwhile, Dennison does not seem to be a "shoe in."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243454 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, DB, missed your original posting of this article.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting concept. Since the Texans have tended to be Denver South, I wonder if any of this apparent transparency will rub off.

I think that unless the Texans decide that they can somehow use this to get a better financial image of their target demographic and leverage the synergy of this new paradigm in positive marketing spin to generate peak cash flow and "joy-joy feelings" among the fan family they won't even consider trying something like this. After all somebody could say something negative and generate hurtful negativity among the faithful.
Old 01-12-2011   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Elway's probably the best QB ever to put on a uniform. Having said that, I've got some serious doubt as to how well he can run an NFL team. I think it would be pretty cool if he could get them turned around to being a power in their division again.

His new policy isn't all that big of a deal to me one way or the other. Looks to me like he's just trying to keep his fanbase interested in an event that they really have no influence over.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What did the Texans do wrong with Boselli? Sometimes shit just doesn't work out.
Casserly admitted years later that they pretty much knew that Boselli was never going to play a down for the Texans because of his injuries. The deal was made so Jacksonville would keep both Payne and Walker available in the expansion draft.

Picking an injured player as the very first pick of the Houston Texans because of some backroom deal that also helps a division rival shed some salary cap problems is "shit just doesn't work out"? You can call it what you want, but I call it stupid decision making and disingenuous, because they were happily selling those Boselli jerseys and assuring fans year after year that he was going to eventually play .

I know you like to play devil's advocate, or perhaps you really believe, but not everything this franchise does is defensible from a customer's perspective. JMO, tho'
Old 01-13-2011   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Casserly admitted years later that they pretty much knew that Boselli was never going to play a down for the Texans because of his injuries. The deal was made so Jacksonville would keep both Payne and Walker available in the expansion draft.

Picking an injured player as the very first pick of the Houston Texans because of some backroom deal that also helps a division rival shed some salary cap problems is "shit just doesn't work out"? You can call it what you want, but I call it stupid decision making and disingenuous, because they were happily selling those Boselli jerseys and assuring fans year after year that he was going to eventually play .

I know you like to play devil's advocate, or perhaps you really believe, but not everything this franchise does is defensible from a customer's perspective. JMO, tho'
Not playing devil's advocate at all but that is not something I have heard and frankly I am skeptical. Boselli and Roaf were both put up for the expansion draft. The NFL insisted on independent physicals. They made Roaf be withdrawn from the expansion draft but passed Boselli. Roaf then got traded and went on to 5-6 straight pro-bowls. In addition, the shoulder that ultimately kept Boselli from playing was not the shoulder which was injured in Jacksonville. The Jags doc said while he was fixing the injured shoulder he could clean up the other shoulder. I really doubt the Texans knew his shoulder that hadn't kept him from playing before was victim to medical malpractice. But I guess you want to believe the Texans docs are seers over those employed by the NFL. If they knew it also does not make sense that they kept him around for two years paying him an egregious amount of money. If they knew that from the beginning they also would have planned for his not being there. Since you are accusing me of defending everything I guess this is where I am supposed to accuse you of attacking everything they do. Not going to do it. I just don't think that is correct.
Old 01-13-2011   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Why pick up a player with any existing injury requiring surgery as your FIRST DRAFT PICK? Especially when he had just had surgeries to BOTH shoulders?

I think you're wrong about which shoulder according to direct quotes from Boselli himself (as well as more details in the article about surgery on BOTH shoulders before the expansion draft):

Quote:
A botched arthroscopic operation on Tony Boselli's left shoulder that should have made him ready to play last summer instead forced him into retirement this week, the former All-Pro tackle told reporters Friday.

-----------------------

[Boselli] said he believes the November 2001 surgery by team doctors with his former team, Jacksonville, was the beginning of the end.

"I have a lot of questions and concerns about how that was handled because my left shoulder was better before I went into surgery than it ever has been since," said Boselli, adding that treatment and a follow-up procedure by Texans team surgeon Dr. Walter Lowe a year ago has helped, but the shoulder hurts "24 hours a day."

Source - SI.com
They knew it was risky (in Casserly's own words), but it was calculated risk because they wanted the other two players.

Quote:
In order to get those two [Payne and Walker] you had to take the risk on Boselli. That was the deal," Casserly said.

Source - SI.com
And it was a deal between the teams:

Quote:
The Texans took Boselli in the 2002 expansion draft in an agreement between the two teams that allowed Houston to take defensive linemen Seth Payne and Gary Walker. Although Boselli made the Pro Bowl five times in the six seasons he productively played for the Jaguars, the team let him go when he didn't return after the 2001 campaign, which was cut short by operations on both shoulders, and also because of his large salary.

Source - SI.com
And give me a break about team doctors. Those guys know who signs their paychecks.

Quote:
Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said the comments by Boselli were a surprise to the team.

"I don't think it's ever come up [before]," Edwards said Friday.

Source - SI.com
This franchise knew Boselli was a risk, but made a deal in order to get two other players. And they gladly gave it a positive spin [IMO] to customers in order to sell more jerseys and keep up the appearance that he was going to be an impact player for the team in spite of obvious evidence revealing otherwise.

This is the transparency (or lack of) that we are talking about here, not revealing state secrets and strategy. Just be honest and quit the bullshit is all many fans are asking from the franchise.

I have no idea what you really believe or not, but the perception I have is that you tend to defend the franchise much more than not. Apologies for that perception because it seems to have struck a nerve, but I could give a rat's ass in any regard if anyone - including you - think I'm "attacking everything they do". With a franchise this obviously inept from the beginning, it's not much effort to do. (They've made some good decisions, but that would be kind of goofy to bring up in a thread of this nature, as it is irrelevant to this specific topic.)
Old 01-13-2011   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Why pick up a player with any existing injury requiring surgery as your FIRST DRAFT PICK? Especially when he had just had surgeries to BOTH shoulders?
Because he was considered a future hall of famer.

Quote:
I think you're wrong about which shoulder according to direct quotes from Boselli himself (as well as more details in the article about surgery on BOTH shoulders before the expansion draft):
Those quotes don't say the left shoulder was the one injured. Here:

Quote:
N.F.L.: ROUNDUP; A Hurting Boselli Opts For Surgery
Unable to play any longer with a painful shoulder injury, left tackle Tony Boselli of the Jacksonville Jaguars decided to have surgery that will sideline him for an indefinite period. "It comes to a point where there's a difference between playing hurt and dealing with injury," Boselli said yesterday. "Certain injuries you play with as long as possible. But when it comes to the point where you're not helping yourself or the team, you have to look at other options. " Team doctors will perform arthroscopic surgery on Boselli's right shoulder on Monday.
October 11, 2001
Link The left shoulder kept him from playing for us but the right shoulder is the one that was the issue in Jacksonville.

Quote:
They knew it was risky (in Casserly's own words), but it was calculated risk because they wanted the other two players.
If you had said they knew it was risky I would have agreed with you but you said they knew he would never play and deceived the fans. I knew about the three player deal. Jacksonville was in serious cap hell.

Quote:
And give me a break about team doctors. Those guys know who signs their paychecks.
What is that even supposed to mean? Yeah the team pays them. You think that makes them more likely to tell the team Boselli would never play than the independent docs? That makes no sense.

I just don't get the big conspiracy or failure on Boselli. Yeah they took a risk. So did Baltimore on what appeared an even greater risk and at the cost of a draft pick on Roaf. Their risk paid off. The Texans' did not. Shit happens.

Quote:
I have no idea what you really believe or not, but the perception I have is that you tend to defend the franchise much more than not. Apologies for that perception because it seems to have struck a nerve, but I could give a rat's ass in any regard if anyone - including you - think I'm "attacking everything they do".
No nerve. In an era of chicken littles (not referring to you) yeah I probably spend more time defending than attacking. All the attacking is well covered.

PS - I didn't accuse you of attacking everything they do. I said I wasn't going to respond in kind to your assertion.

Last edited by infantrycak; 01-13-2011 at 02:13 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read