Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-12-2011   #1
Jrod7451
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Jrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of FamerJrod7451 is a Hall of Famer
Default 2011 Draft.

I don't know if there has been a thread posted about this yet, but I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on who we are going to pick up wit our first pick this year. I've been reading that they will pick Von Miller from A&M. Any thoughts or concerns or other picks we should get. I think we should try and trade up to pick Fairly because he looked real good during the BCS game. I think he could be our Suh and look at what Suh did for the Lions this year, he was a beast.
Jrod7451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 Draft.

Fairley is a monster but he's being considered to go #1 overall and at the worst top 3.

To get him would be very costly.

Von Miller would be great for the new 3-4 defense because his speed off the edge is elite and his upside could be Ware or the steroid version of Merriman.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #3
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod7451 View Post
I don't know if there has been a thread posted about this yet, but I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on who we are going to pick up wit our first pick this year. I've been reading that they will pick Von Miller from A&M. Any thoughts or concerns or other picks we should get. I think we should try and trade up to pick Fairly because he looked real good during the BCS game. I think he could be our Suh and look at what Suh did for the Lions this year, he was a beast.
Welcome to the board.

There is a whole forum filled with draft talk....Texans fans usually start migrating there about week 12 of the regular season.

Texanstalk Draft Link
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I would prefer Robert Quinn over Miller.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod7451 View Post
I don't know if there has been a thread posted about this yet
Probably no more than 40 or 50.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #6
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Fox sports has us getting Nick Fairley, I like Von Miller but no way he will be still available.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...op-pick-010711
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #7
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

1st round - Von Miller (OLB TAMU)
2nd round - Quiton Carter (FS Oklahoma)
3rd round - Fatty McFatass (DT University of Anywhere)
Old 01-12-2011   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyMost View Post
1st round - Von Miller (OLB TAMU)
2nd round - Quiton Carter (FS Oklahoma)
3rd round - Fatty McFatass (DT University of Anywhere)
lol must spread rep.

I like Carter in the 2nd too.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #9
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Miller could still be there. My fear is that he just gets lit up at the point of attack and he gets stuck in the trash at the line in pursuit. Great pass rusher though.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fairley is no Suh.

Suh is one of a kind.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Fairley is no Suh.

Suh is one of a kind.
+1

Fairley is nice, Suh is out of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #12
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fox sports has us getting Nick Fairley, I like Von Miller but no way he will be still available.

No chance IMO. I wish it would shake out that way.
Old 01-13-2011   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post

I wish. There's no way Fairley falls to #11. He'll go top 5.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read