Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2011   #1
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What to do with the rest?

Just wondering where Darryl Sharpton, Zach diles and Xavier Adibi will play now that we have moved to the 3-4

where will they play at OLB or ILB as back ups for the starters??
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #2
FlyingTexan
IndyBound2012

Default Re: What to do with the rest?

Sharpton will start at ILB with Demeco, and out of Adibi/Diles i think one will be let go
Old 01-12-2011   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTexan View Post
Sharpton will start at ILB with Demeco, and out of Adibi/Diles i think one will be let go
Sharpton can backup DeMeco who will be playing beside Cushing in the middle.
Old 01-12-2011   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Diles will probably be a backup at ILB behind Ryans.
Adibi will probably be a backup at SOLB behind Barwin.
Sharpton, not sure, maybe a backup at ILB behind Cushing.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #5
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
this is what i was thinking
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #6
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Adibi gets cut, the guy can't stay on the field. Diles and Sharpton become back up ILBs
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a lot of people take for granted that Demeco will be back to his pre injury self ..... Thats not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination.

Sharpton could very well start inside if he isnt ready or isnt the same player we have come to expect.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2011   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Diles will be depth or traded. He can't be trotted out there for another season.
Old 01-13-2011   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

My take...

Adibi will probably be a backup at SOLB behind Barwin/Cushing.
Sharpton may start at ILB beside Ryans.
Old 01-13-2011   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think like some others that Adibi will be released. He just can't stay healthy enough to see the field. A wasted roster spot.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think Diles is a free agent. I doubt we'll pay him very much to stay. If someone else wants him, he may not be here.

I'm thinking Anderson & Barwin would be our starting OLBs.

Cushing & Ryans in the middle.

Bently, Sharpton, Bing & Adibi will be fighting for ILB back-up spots & we'll probably be looking for some OLB depth.
Old 01-13-2011   #12
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking Von Miller, & Barwin would be our starting OLBs.

Cushing & Ryans in the middle.
Fixed it for you TK!!
Old 01-13-2011   #13
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton ILB

Adibi, Diles:

J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I originally felt like having Cushing in the middle next to Demeco. I'm hoping we can draft Casey Matthews for ILB and have Cushing outside. I also think we should spend an early pick on an OLB pass rusher. Ayers/Clayborn in the 1st or Moch in the 2nd or so. I know this may be "overkill" but we would have an incredible LB crew, starters and depth.

Clayborn (R) - Demeco - Matthews (R) - Cushing
Barwin-------Sharpton----Diles------Adibi
--------------Bentley------------

Throw in Asomugha/Bailey at CB and possibly a free agent NT and we have a killer defense.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Ryans doesn't come back to the form we need him to come back at.

3-4 defenses are built for speed. I can't think that his injury is going to permit him to be quick enough for the role. I'm just being realistic here.

We could very well draft a linebacker at no. 11 overall.

The "drafting a cornerback" ship has sailed for round 1. It's going to be defensive lineman or LB with our no. 11 overall. With a slim chance we go for a Safety. Also a chance of Kubiak doing the whole "trade down" gig, too. Yay.
Old 01-13-2011   #16
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I originally felt like having Cushing in the middle next to Demeco. I'm hoping we can draft Casey Matthews for ILB and have Cushing outside. I also think we should spend an early pick on an OLB pass rusher. Ayers/Clayborn in the 1st or Moch in the 2nd or so. I know this may be "overkill" but we would have an incredible LB crew, starters and depth.

Clayborn (R) - Demeco - Matthews (R) - Cushing
Barwin-------Sharpton----Diles------Adibi
--------------Bentley------------

Throw in Asomugha/Bailey at CB and possibly a free agent NT and we have a killer defense.
Your willing to go with two rookies starting at very important positions, after last season? We need to get a 3-4 ILB in FA, and depending on how Barwin comes back from injury, an OLB too. Players like Von Miller and Casey Matthews would be great pick ups for this team, but we cant just throw them into the starting lineup.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I think Diles will be depth or traded. He can't be trotted out there for another season.
I don't think Diles could be traded, he will be cut/let go if anything. He was a 7th round pick who played the way a 7th round pick is expected. He's nothing special, but if they can re-sign him for a minimum contract, I don't see why they wouldn't want to keep him for depth.
Old 01-13-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG16 View Post
Your willing to go with two rookies starting at very important positions, after last season? We need to get a 3-4 ILB in FA, and depending on how Barwin comes back from injury, an OLB too. Players like Von Miller and Casey Matthews would be great pick ups for this team, but we cant just throw them into the starting lineup.
Mario, Demeco, Dwayne Brown, Dunta Robinson, Owen Daniels, Okoye Cushing, Quin all started as rookies, in very important positions.... they were more or less successful.

Kareem Jackson started as a rookie......... meh...

Lets not allow rookies to ever start at any position again.

Old 01-13-2011   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm thinking Ryans doesn't come back to the form we need him to come back at.

3-4 defenses are built for speed. I can't think that his injury is going to permit him to be quick enough for the role. I'm just being realistic here.

We could very well draft a linebacker at no. 11 overall.

The "drafting a cornerback" ship has sailed for round 1. It's going to be defensive lineman or LB with our no. 11 overall. With a slim chance we go for a Safety. Also a chance of Kubiak doing the whole "trade down" gig, too. Yay.
I don't think there is a Safety (I assume you want a FS) in this class worth an early 1st round pick. It looks like a very weak class. Maybe Rahim Moore or Quinton Carter in the 2nd. I'm thinking, like you, it's going to be an OLB or NT in the 1st.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFG16 View Post
I understand the hesitation and do agree with you, to an extent. A lot really depends on the health of our players... and who the rookies are. If Demeco is a 16+ game starter for us next season that alone will pay huge dividends for the LB crew. He's the true leader of our defense.

I think Matthews is a very smart player and can lock down a starting spot much like Demeco and Cushing did their rookie seasons. Plus it helps with him being between the two, IMO.

I'm starting to like the idea of Cushing outside (if Phillips thinks is a good idea) and have him attack the LOS alot and even play up on the line some. Puts Cushing in a situation where he can play to his strengths.

As far as the other OLB spot, there's your other rookie you're talking about. I think that may be the 1st rounder because it appears there's could be some stud- Clay Matthews type guys. At #11 you of course want him to start and play all the time. I havn't forgotten about Barwin, I think they'll split some time together but also Barwin is coming off a injury. I don't feel any better about him being a starter penciled in (an unknown) as I would about a stud rookie OLB.

This also hinges on getting a quality CB like Asomugha or Bailey, which every team wants. I think our coverage from our LBs and DBs will be much better than last year with this line up.... and it also sets up to a fast attacking type of defense.

The rookie OLB, Barwin, Anderson can also bump up to DE when we play in 4-3 situations with Smith bumping in as a DT like we did last year. I love the versatility and depth of this.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read