Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2011   #1
texas838
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brian Cushing vs Mario Williams vs Andre Johnson...who's the bigger FREAK?

My vote goes to Williams even though I love Cushing and Megatron. Found their workout routines, pretty intense!

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/brian-c...arcl-1129.html

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/mario-w...arcl-1130.html

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/andre-j...arcl-1177.html

New to this forum. Hope to be a vital member one day! GO TEXANS! Biggest Brian Cushing fan right here!
texas838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing vs Mario Williams vs Andre Johnson...who's the bigger FREAK?

Obviously it's AJ because he's the greatest WR in the NFL now. Mario is maybe in the top 8 DE's in the NFL and Cushing without being "over-trained" is pretty good but not great.

Are we supposed to judge them based on their workout routines or how they show up on the field?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #3
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing vs Mario Williams vs Andre Johnson...who's the bigger FREAK?

Andre All Day Baby!!!!
Old 01-12-2011   #4
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas838 View Post
My vote goes to Williams even though I love Cushing and Megatron. Found their workout routines, pretty intense!

New to this forum. Hope to be a vital member one day! GO TEXANS! Biggest Brian Cushing fan right here!
Megatron is Calvin Johnson, AKA the second best receiver in the league. AJ is "The Beast".

Cool articles though. From a strictly workout standpoint, I would say B-Cush is the biggest freak. From a football standpoint, AJ is the greatest at his position in the NFL. Perhaps one of the best of all time. His routes are perfect, his hands are unparalleled, and he has a freakish combination of speed, strength and leaping ability. Also, 4% body fat is pretty ridiculous.
Old 01-12-2011   #5
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre, Mario, Cushing...in that order.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #6
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
If you are going with natural ability I would agree 100%. I also think based on athleticism, Mario is much closer to AJ than some probably think, a 40" VJ and a 4.66 at 295 is mind blowing.

If you are basing it off workouts, I would reverse the order.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Taking all things in (workout, performance on the field) i'd have to go Mario - Andre _ Cush.

I put mario 1st b/c dude is damn near 300 lbs & a 4.6 40 means that on a straight line, he can run with some of the best WR's in the league (fitzgerald, boldin) & that's just ridiculous. & while he may not be head & shoulders the best DE in the league, he's in the top 5 which isn't too shabby.

AJ used to be a track athlete & those guys workout hard to begin with so his freakishness is at least somewhat attributable to that.

Cush- well he may workout hard but i gotta see what he looks like next year before i come to a conclusion about him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2011   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epW8IKLngBA

He was clearing 122" when he was pregnant.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 52955 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post

Might want to check that number. I doubt he was doing a 10' vertical hurdle...
Old 01-12-2011   #10
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
...What he said.
Old 01-12-2011   #11
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
...What he said.
couldnt have said it better
Old 01-13-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
couldnt have said it better
What he said. No question IMO.

Got AJ?
Old 01-13-2011   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Might want to check that number. I doubt he was doing a 10' vertical hurdle...
Tongue cheek
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 52955 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tongue cheek
Yeah, I figured it out after an hour or so...
Old 01-17-2011   #15
texas838
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexas838 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's kind of ridiculous how the Texas probably has the three biggest athletic freaks in the NFL on their team and can't dominate. Talk about a true big three.
Old 01-17-2011   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

None of them because 2 of them working together still can't get the job done and on top of that played for a 32 ranked d
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas838 View Post

AJ as megatron? More like Optimus-prime-your-pump-and-kick-your-ass.
MW isn't a speck on AJ's ass. Same goes for Cushion. He went from Cushing to cushion when he lost his 'roid rage. Jury is out on him.
If Phillips can't get MW motivated to bring it MOST of the game, MW is damn near a bust. So much potential, so little effort. I know all the stories about injuries, but Bruce Smith and Reggie White weren't healthy for entire seasons, either. Nobody is. IMHO, MW just isn't living up to the promise. He seems to only get motivated when publicly called out. phillips just may have done that already, hoping that MW wil show up in great hape and ready to execute.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #18
texas838
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
MW isn't a speck on AJ's ass. Same goes for Cushion. He went from Cushing to cushion when he lost his 'roid rage. Jury is out on him.
If Phillips can't get MW motivated to bring it MOST of the game, MW is damn near a bust. So much potential, so little effort. I know all the stories about injuries, but Bruce Smith and Reggie White weren't healthy for entire seasons, either. Nobody is. IMHO, MW just isn't living up to the promise. He seems to only get motivated when publicly called out. phillips just may have done that already, hoping that MW wil show up in great hape and ready to execute.
Williams in no way is a bust. I would much rather have him over Reggie Bush. Bush is the bust if anything....
Old 01-23-2011   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
C'mon dude...this whole post is just......
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #20
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

How did you get Andre and Calvin Johnson mixed up?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read