Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-12-2011   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Post Bowl Game Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It's funny how Blackmon & Julio Jones camps split opinion about who is better. I'm in the Julio camp for Texans.

If Wade doesn't need that big traditional NT why spend a high pick on one when their are other needs & bpa's available?

I will respect your man-love, no comment.

Hill in 4th would be good if the Texans don't address FS in 2nd or 3rd.

So. Carolina ILB good pick.

someone, somewhere brought up the point why draft a punter/kicker when you can pick one up undrafted?

with the way Texan secondary played is it possible a 7th rd. pick could make the 53 man roster, but I doubt it?

I like Jones too. But I'm liking Blackmon more. (Better hands)

Like the 2nd rd BPA thing. Who are soe of the lighter NT's that you think may be available later? Larimore? Liguet?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I like Jones too. But I'm liking Blackmon more. (Better hands)

Like the 2nd rd BPA thing. Who are soe of the lighter NT's that you think may be available later? Larimore? Liguet?
Drake Nevis could be a very athletic nose. He has a low center point, uses excellent leverage & body lean. think he is only 6-1 probably fills out in the 295-305 range.

IF Drake is off the board, might take a chance here on Marivn Austin. he looks the part 6-2 315 but very quick, should time in under 5.0 sec 40 @ combine I see his stock rising over the next four months. Elite athlete.

I understand Blackmon has more wow factor but Jones is way more polished & can have an immediate impact for the Texans I have no doubt about him on or off the field.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #23
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'will take the better athlete.(Hil) It will be a joy having S that have the athleticism to provide help over the top. Their S have never beemn able to provide this.

I'm not as high on McDaniel as you are. I question his intelligence.

Barron is a player. How far do you think Williams will fall due to his broken leg? 3/4th RD ?
I've never been sold on Will Hill. He just looks a step slow on too many occassions.

Williams suffered his injury at the worst time possible for him. I think he was a borderline first rounder before the injury, now he looks like a second rounder maybe worse if he doesn't rehab well.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #24
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand Blackmon has more wow factor but Jones is way more polished & can have an immediate impact for the Texans I have no doubt about him on or off the field.
I am in the Julio Jones camp. He has been doing it for several years too, Blackmon has only done it for one year. It would be ideal for Julio Jones to learn from a guy of similar size in Andre Johnson.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #25
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree you can't just pick a player cause you need to fill the position. That's why you sign free agents. They make it where you don't have to horribly reach for a player because you dont have the position filled *cough* Jackson *cough*
Old 01-12-2011   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I agree you can't just pick a player cause you need to fill the position. That's why you sign free agents. They make it where you don't have to horribly reach for a player because you dont have the position filled *cough* Jackson *cough*
Agreed

Smith needs to stop reaching to fill needs in the draft. Look at his 1st rd picks in the 4 yrs that he's run the draft.

2007 OkOye, Filled a need but it was a reach to pick an 18yr old with the 10th pick in the draft.

2008 D.Brown, Reach, many people had Brown rated as a 3rd rd pick. Smith reaches to fill the LT need in the 1st rd. Brown has played like a serviceale LT 3rd rd pick that he should've been.

2009 Cushing, This wasn't a reach but Cushing was drafted to fill a need. Who knows if Cushing was rookie good or 2nd yr roid free guy.

2010 Jackson, reach, Anybody that saw him play this yr would say Jackson was a reach. But Smith had to fill the need he created by failing to re-sign Dunta.

This is how you end up 6-10,9-7 mediocrity. I'm sure Kubiak had alot to do with this drafting philosopy. Rick take the BPA or try to trade down and aquire moe picks. Otherwise this franchise will stay stuck in mediocrity. The future isn't looking to bright right now. IMHO
Old 01-12-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Rd.1 Justin Blackmon Wr Okla St. Best available at #11, Blackmon will help open up the offense and keep the defense off the field.
I do not have a problem with going BPA. If Blackmon is truly that guy here, lets get him.

What I do have a problem with, is Kubiak's ability to get all these pieces involved on game day. The man can't seem to put together a run game with Ward, Slaton, & Foster. Wk 1 against Indy, the game against the Raiders.... we should see something like that everygame, & Kubiak should be the guy to do it, but..... he's not.

We also have trouble getting Anderson, Jacoby, & Walter snaps..... Dickerson doesn't see the field unless someone is hurt.

If we get this guy..... Jacoby's got to go... I'm fine with that as well. But I don't see the point in adding a WR to the Gumbo, if we're going to leave him on the shelf.

Quote:
Rd.2 Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton, Biggest baddest NT in draft. Texans have needed a DT like this since their inception.
I have no problem with this.
Quote:
Rd.3 Mark Herzlich LB B.C., I think he probably will go in Rd.2 But everybody else is saying rd 3-5. Herzlich had a very good bowl game. He forced a fumble and caused a fumble. He was very good in pass coverage. Herzlich is always in the right spot at the right time. Playing football means alot to him.
I like LBs.

So we let Diles walk? dump Adibi? Cut Bently?
Quote:
Rd.4 Will Hill FS Fla., Hill has great range and is a playmaker. He would be an immediat upgrade over Wilson. 3 yr starter at Fla. I would trade up to get Hill if I thought he wouldn't be there in the 3rd.
I like it.
Quote:
Rd.5 Nate Irving ILB South Car. Fast instictive LB who only falls this far due to injury concerns.
I'm still good.
Quote:
Rd.6 Alex Henery K/P Neb., Massive upgrade over Turk. Big leg, He takes ove Kickoff job from Rackers.
I'd rather go UDFA for a K/P

would rather see another DT/NT here. Maybe even your DB/KR
Quote:
Rd.7 Demond Washington CB Aub., Washington is a really good KR/PR. Upgrade over Jacoby. Has the speed and skill set to be a nickle CB.
I like, but like I just said, if we go DB/KR in the sixth, I'd just as soon get another DT/NT
Quote:
Let the critques begin
I like it....... more or less.
Old 01-12-2011   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Okoye had a breakout season & followed it up with mvp performance in Senior Bowl, alot of NFL people where talking top 5 pick material, combine that with Texnas need for interior penetrating DT. you can't fault Rick Smith for his thinking, now we'll see what happens with NEW coaching in a NEW scheme.

Brown, who I gave a early 2nd rd. grade & there were reports San Diego would have selected him with the very next pick, filled a long, long, long coveted needs us a fans who wanted to address the OL cried about for years. He's actually been very consistant & reliable. The only blip was his four game suspension for banned substance. I've grown to like his attitude, has some nasty in him & athletic, smash mouth style (poor mans Levi Brown).

Everybody loved Cushing as a rookie. DROY in NFL, then his issues with banned substance & appears to have lost that explosive playmaking ability in his second year. He looked lost in Frank Bushes 2nd year as defensive coordinator but then who didn't? before we bury the guy after one down season lets see what he can do with better scheme & Wade Phillips coaching.

Kareem Jackson was also another early 2nd rd. grade prospect coming out, but I think a bigger reason for this than anything is because he waited until the last minute to declare for the draft & flew under everybodys radar out in cyber draft land until the combine. There he solidified himself as legitimate 1st rd. cb. While not on our draft board as high as McCourtey or Kyle Wilson, he was in the discussion, to the Texans he fit what they wanted out of position, just didn't work out. Now the defensive coordinator is fired along with his db coach David Gibbs, wish those gentleman well but you have to produce in the league to keep your job, while the jury is out on Kareem give him two more years in a new system before we start calling him bust.

Just the homer in me coming out I guess, but I think their mediocrity maybe behind them. This draft combined with proper utilization of talent we as Texan fans should expect a marked improvement. They've got a shot at two of the best FA CB's to come out in a long time. Wade also knows the players around the league, with a fresh outlook from what we've grown accustomed to (Denver jokes) so McNair can finally bid with confidence. Can anyone blame Bob McNair from spending on Big Free Agent signings with Casserly & Smiths track record? would you spend millions of your money (I know you have it) with results so far during Texans franchise history? I think not

Of course I agree with you guys on bpa in general terms, heck I'm the guy who always wants to trade back, but I really feel the dynamics have changed & the Texans will do a better job of drafting bpa for a position of need, then once in camp will do a better job developing & implementing them for future success.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #29
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okoye had a breakout season & followed it up with mvp performance in Senior Bowl, alot of NFL people where talking top 5 pick material, combine that with Texnas need for interior penetrating DT. you can't fault Rick Smith for his thinking, now we'll see what happens with NEW coaching in a NEW scheme.

Brown, who I gave a early 2nd rd. grade & there were reports San Diego would have selected him with the very next pick, filled a long, long, long coveted needs us a fans who wanted to address the OL cried about for years. He's actually been very consistant & reliable. The only blip was his four game suspension for banned substance. I've grown to like his attitude, has some nasty in him & athletic, smash mouth style (poor mans Levi Brown).

Everybody loved Cushing as a rookie. DROY in NFL, then his issues with banned substance & appears to have lost that explosive playmaking ability in his second year. He looked lost in Frank Bushes 2nd year as defensive coordinator but then who didn't? before we bury the guy after one down season lets see what he can do with better scheme & Wade Phillips coaching.

Kareem Jackson was also another early 2nd rd. grade prospect coming out, but I think a bigger reason for this than anything is because he waited until the last minute to declare for the draft & flew under everybodys radar out in cyber draft land until the combine. There he solidified himself as legitimate 1st rd. cb. While not on our draft board as high as McCourtey or Kyle Wilson, he was in the discussion, to the Texans he fit what they wanted out of position, just didn't work out. Now the defensive coordinator is fired along with his db coach David Gibbs, wish those gentleman well but you have to produce in the league to keep your job, while the jury is out on Kareem give him two more years in a new system before we start calling him bust.

Just the homer in me coming out I guess, but I think their mediocrity maybe behind them. This draft combined with proper utilization of talent we as Texan fans should expect a marked improvement. They've got a shot at two of the best FA CB's to come out in a long time. Wade also knows the players around the league, with a fresh outlook from what we've grown accustomed to (Denver jokes) so McNair can finally bid with confidence. Can anyone blame Bob McNair from spending on Big Free Agent signings with Casserly & Smiths track record? would you spend millions of your money (I know you have it) with results so far during Texans franchise history? I think not

Of course I agree with you guys on bpa in general terms, heck I'm the guy who always wants to trade back, but I really feel the dynamics have changed & the Texans will do a better job of drafting bpa for a position of need, then once in camp will do a better job developing & implementing them for future success.

Must spread rep... you said it well.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #30
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Must spread rep... you said it well.
Got him for you and I
Old 01-12-2011   #31
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

You can take Blackmon off your list, he's staying in school.

http://www.newsok.com/justin-blackmo...ad_story_title
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #32
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

I was thinking he might stay in school. Good decision for him I think.
Old 01-12-2011   #33
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post

Bummer, I guess. No Blackmon, No Luck. Say that in a jamaican voice in it takes on a whole different meaning. lol

Guess that makes Julio Jones the clear cut #2 wideout in the draft and possibly an option for us. Still may be a longshot of us going O in 1st. Some of yall liked Jones better anyways.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I do not have a problem with going BPA. If Blackmon is truly that guy here, lets get him.

What I do have a problem with, is Kubiak's ability to get all these pieces involved on game day. The man can't seem to put together a run game with Ward, Slaton, & Foster. Wk 1 against Indy, the game against the Raiders.... we should see something like that everygame, & Kubiak should be the guy to do it, but..... he's not.

We also have trouble getting Anderson, Jacoby, & Walter snaps..... Dickerson doesn't see the field unless someone is hurt.

If we get this guy..... Jacoby's got to go... I'm fine with that as well. But I don't see the point in adding a WR to the Gumbo, if we're going to leave him on the shelf.

Blackmon/Julio Jones are the type of guys that take bland gumbo spice it up and make it MM-MM Good. You find a way to get guys like this the ball.

I have no problem with this.

I keep going back and forth between Fua and Ellis. Regardless They need a big DT that can stop the run. No more Garrard sneaking for 3 yds on 4th and 1 for a 1st down.

I like LBs.

So we let Diles walk? dump Adibi? Cut Bently?

I let Diles walk and Irving and Adibi fight it out for the last LB spot. Wouldn't it be great to have depth that wasn't hurt at the LB spot.

I like it.

Thanks great minds think alike. LOL

I'm still good.

See above

I'd rather go UDFA for a K/P

would rather see another DT/NT here. Maybe even your DB/KR

Dexter Larimore would be a good pick here. However a P Like Henery/Henry would make a bigger impact on the team than an extra NT.

I like, but like I just said, if we go DB/KR in the sixth, I'd just as soon get another DT/NT

Going DT here wouldn't be a bad bet. Somebody who I really like but has been injured alot and may fall to this spot is Adrian Taylor DT Okla. You probably would have to IR him next yr. But the guy is a player and in 2 yrs he could be a great value.

I like it....... more or less.
Thanks for replying, This draft would add some much needed speed to the team. The ST's would also be much improved.
Old 01-12-2011   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Great post

The only two picks that I really disagreed with were I wanted Willis over OkOye. Although I will admit I wasn't upset with the OkOye pick. Looking back drafting an 18 yr old DT and expecting him to contribute was unrealistic.

I also wanted Matthews/Oher over Cushing. I can understand the reasoning behind the Cushing pick though.

Hopefully the dynamics in the war room have changed. Or medicrity will continue to thrive. The Coaching staff has done terrible job of developing young players. So it's hard to tell if it's on the scouts/Smith or the coaches/Kubiak. Most likely it's a combination of the two.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-12-2011   #36
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Bummer, I guess. No Blackmon, No Luck. Say that in a jamaican voice in it takes on a whole different meaning. lol

Guess that makes Julio Jones the clear cut #2 wideout in the draft and possibly an option for us. Still may be a longshot of us going O in 1st. Some of yall liked Jones better anyways.
Wow

This could turn into a positive if a team that needs a WR will feel more compelledto trade up with one less WR on the board.
Old 01-12-2011   #37
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

With Luck and now Blackmon staying in school it's looking more and more like a trade down would be in our best interest and the #11 spot is perfect for it.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rd.1 Justin Blackmon Wr Okla St. Best available at #11, Blackmon will help open up the offense and keep the defense off the field.

If Jones or Green are there , then you'd have to take or trade the pick . The other players probably there with value are OLB or a 3-4 DE .

Rd.2 Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton, Biggest baddest NT in draft. Texans have needed a DT like this since their inception.

A 340 guy with athletism is hard to find , now if he has a motor .

Rd.3 Mark Herzlich LB B.C., I think he probably will go in Rd.2 But everybody else is saying rd 3-5. Herzlich had a very good bowl game. He forced a fumble and caused a fumble. He was very good in pass coverage. Herzlich is always in the right spot at the right time. Playing football means alot to him.

You just have to love this guy . Pure football player , brings a lot of want too to a team that's shown a lack of it .

Rd.4 Will Hill FS Fla., Hill has great range and is a playmaker. He would be an immediat upgrade over Wilson. 3 yr starter at Fla. I would trade up to get Hill if I thought he wouldn't be there in the 3rd.

A need for sure

Rd.5 Nate Irving ILB South Car. Fast instictive LB who only falls this far due to injury concerns.

You always need more LBs ... ours are getting old and beat up ... they make great special team players .

Rd.6 Alex Henery K/P Neb., Massive upgrade over Turk. Big leg, He takes ove Kickoff job from Rackers.

I wanted a punter last year .

Rd.7 Demond Washington CB Aub., Washington is a really good KR/PR. Upgrade over Jacoby. Has the speed and skill set to be a nickle CB.

I think JJ is done here and our returns stink so finding a guy who can make plays is a need . I was hoping for a TE somewhere .

Let the critques begin
Good job so early .
Old 01-14-2011   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'will take the better athlete.(Hil) It will be a joy having S that have the athleticism to provide help over the top. Their S have never beemn able to provide this.

I'm not as high on McDaniel as you are. I question his intelligence.

Barron is a player. How far do you think Williams will fall due to his broken leg? 3/4th RD ?
I like Hill's atheleticism, but I'm not so sure about his ability to read plays.
Black seems to be around the ball more.
I know they switch once in a while, but mostly Black play SS.
It seems like the rover is in vogue nowadays.
Black, Barron and Hagg would step up to take the slot receiver quite often.
(I believe this is how they make more plays, like Patrick Chung with the Ducks).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought Hill played FS too. Maybe they played the interchangeable S thing.

On a side note Kuechly looks like the 2nd coming of Zack Thomas. Very insinctive,one of the best I've seen at diagnosing plays. What do you think of him?
I've now watched 3 BC games:
VTech and Nevada playing mostly a 3-WR set
NDame playing mostly a single back, 4-WR spread

They put Herzlich on the slot receiver (or the TE that lined up in the slot).
This is the reason why his numbers are down.

As much as the scheme reduces Herzlich's numbers, it gives Kuechly more chances to make a tackle, which he does very well.
The Eagles play a 2-gap defense up front for the most part (which makes sense since they only have 2 LBs to play the run.)
They have 2 Sr DEs that can contain the edge, both on-side and back-side.
In other instances, they can flush the play wide, giving the LB time to pursue.
The NT and UT did a pretty good job holding up the middle (sustaining the double team from time to time).
This helps Kuechly make plays, but of course, he's also a fine player.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read