Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-11-2011   #1
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Steel B's Post Bowl Game Mock

Rd.1 Justin Blackmon Wr Okla St. Best available at #11, Blackmon will help open up the offense and keep the defense off the field.

Rd.2 Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton, Biggest baddest NT in draft. Texans have needed a DT like this since their inception.

Rd.3 Mark Herzlich LB B.C., I think he probably will go in Rd.2 But everybody else is saying rd 3-5. Herzlich had a very good bowl game. He forced a fumble and caused a fumble. He was very good in pass coverage. Herzlich is always in the right spot at the right time. Playing football means alot to him.

Rd.4 Will Hill FS Fla., Hill has great range and is a playmaker. He would be an immediat upgrade over Wilson. 3 yr starter at Fla. I would trade up to get Hill if I thought he wouldn't be there in the 3rd.

Rd.5 Nate Irving ILB South Car. Fast instictive LB who only falls this far due to injury concerns.

Rd.6 Alex Henery K/P Neb., Massive upgrade over Turk. Big leg, He takes ove Kickoff job from Rackers.

Rd.7 Demond Washington CB Aub., Washington is a really good KR/PR. Upgrade over Jacoby. Has the speed and skill set to be a nickle CB.

Let the critques begin
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Post Bowl Game Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Rd.1 Justin Blackmon Wr Okla St. Best available at #11, Blackmon will help open up the offense and keep the defense off the field.

Rd.2 Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton, Biggest baddest NT in draft. Texans have needed a DT like this since their inception.

Rd.3 Mark Herzlich LB B.C., I think he probably will go in Rd.2 But everybody else is saying rd 3-5. Herzlich had a very good bowl game. He forced a fumble and caused a fumble. He was very good in pass coverage. Herzlich is always in the right spot at the right time. Playing football means alot to him.

Rd.4 Will Hill FS Fla., Hill has great range and is a playmaker. He would be an immediat upgrade over Wilson. 3 yr starter at Fla. I would trade up to get Hill if I thought he wouldn't be there in the 3rd.

Rd.5 Nate Irving ILB South Car. Fast instictive LB who only falls this far due to injury concerns.

Rd.6 Alex Henery K/P Neb., Massive upgrade over Turk. Big leg, He takes ove Kickoff job from Rackers.

Rd.7 Demond Washington CB Aub., Washington is a really good KR/PR. Upgrade over Jacoby. Has the speed and skill set to be a nickle CB.

Let the critques begin
Looks great!

Pick by pick analysis:

1) Blackmon could very well be the best receiver in the draft. Big, strong, talented and with a great pair of hands, he has all the physical gifts. I would be satisfied with the pick, but would prefer a defensive player (providing it is not a reach).

2) Money

3) I agree with you, I could see Herzlich in the 2nd. People forget that he was one of the highest rated players in college football before he was diagnosed with cancer. He busted his ass to come back, and played great. One of the best hockey players ever (Mario Lemieux) came back from cancer, after being retired for a couple years, and was still one of the best players in the NHL (in his late 30's). Obviously I am not saying Herzlich is the football version of Lemieux, my point is that a player can overcome cancer and return to form. Good pick.

4) Not wild about the player, but I like the position. I would be satisfied.

5) Good pick, the LB corps should be set with players like Ryans, Cushing, Diles, Sharpton, Barwin, Herzlich and Irving.

6) Money

7) Meh, I think Holliday is the returner of the future. I also think if the Texans are to address the CB position during the draft, it should be at the top of the draft.

Again, good job!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88827 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks pretty good, but I have a couple of questions. If Blackmon comes out, are you concerned at all that he has had only one productive season, even though that was a monster season? How much of that could have been the system?

Do you think that the level of play at Hampton might elevate the perception of Ellis?

Like the draft overall. But with that draft, I hope we would get some serious secondary help in FA.
Old 01-11-2011   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Looks pretty good, but I have a couple of questions. If Blackmon comes out, are you concerned at all that he has had only one productive season, even though that was a monster season? How much of that could have been the system?

Do you think that the level of play at Hampton might elevate the perception of Ellis?

Like the draft overall. But with that draft, I hope we would get some serious secondary help in FA.
Blackmon doesn't concern me. He's a rare talent. Dez Bryant=Blackmon in terms of talent in my eyes. Speed/Cutting ability/Hands/high pointing the ball etc....

Yes, Ellis level of competition concerns me. But I have watched some videos of him and he appeared to be dominate at that level. He moves very well for a big man. I'm looking forward to seeing how he matches up against top level comp. I'm not sure if he's playing in the East/West or Sr. Bowl game. The combine will also be huge for Ellis. With a great combine and pre draft interviews Ellis could go anywhere between rds.1-5. He's a true wildcard in this draft.

I think the Texans will sign a CB like Taylor or Wilson in FA. ASO is a pipe dream. McNair wont be on board with the $$$$ it wil take to sign ASO. Although I dont blame McNair for getting involved in the ASO sweepstakes.

I could see the Texans signing the likes of Taylor,Whitner and Pat Williams in FA. Lower tier FA's who would still be significant upgrades over the product that was put on the field last yr.

I hope McNair listens and gives Phillips what he needs to be successful.
Old 01-11-2011   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88827 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Blackmon doesn't concern me. He's a rare talent. Dez Bryant=Blackmon in terms of talent in my eyes. Speed/Cutting ability/Hands/high pointing the ball etc....

Yes, Ellis level of competition concerns me. But I have watched some videos of him and he appeared to be dominate at that level. He moves very well for a big man. I'm looking forward to seeing how he matches up against top level comp. I'm not sure if he's playing in the East/West or Sr. Bowl game. The combine will also be huge for Ellis. With a great combine and pre draft interviews Ellis could go anywhere between rds.1-5. He's a true wildcard in this draft.

I think the Texans will sign a CB like Taylor or Wilson in FA. ASO is a pipe dream. McNair wont be on board with the $$$$ it wil take to sign ASO. Although I dont blame McNair for getting involved in the ASO sweepstakes.

I could see the Texans signing the likes of Taylor,Whitner and Pat Williams in FA. Lower tier FA's who would still be significant upgrades over the product that was put on the field last yr.

I hope McNair listens and gives Phillips what he needs to be successful.

Thanks! As for the bolded, don't we all! I am just happy that we finally have a proven defensive mind in charge of our defense. One that will actually know what is needed.
Old 01-11-2011   #6
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Rd.6 Alex Henery K/P Neb., Massive upgrade over Turk. Big leg, He takes ove Kickoff job from Rackers

Let the critques begin

1. Blackmon, I don't disagree that he is a top level talent at WR and will make some team very happy, but our defense was terrible last year and with the switch to the 3-4 we need all the help we can get especially the top level talent.

2. Ellis, I like the position picked (DT/NT) in the 2nd round and although I haven't seen Ellis play I like Sione Fua-NT or Jerrell Powe-NT better here. Fua and Powe are shorter than Ellis which is an advantage since tall DT's tend to get stood up, much like Frank Okam did, and lose leverage. Ellis is 6'05" which will be a disadvantage for him in the NFL. Also both Fua and Powe played at a higher level of football.

3. Herzlich, more Herzlich man love huh? He loves the game but I think he drops on draft day and could be had much later. I personally wouldn't touch him before the 5th round.

4. Hill, I like this pick but I'd go FS in the 3rd round. Maybe Jarrett.

5. Irving, I'm not familiar with him but he's awfully short at only 6'01" especially in a 3-4 system where LB's are so important.

6. Henrey, excellent pick could possibly even take over K duties in his 2nd year.

7. Washington, I don't know anything about him but extra depth at CB is a good thing and a good PR/KR would be nice.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #7
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let the critques begin
I understand your points of view in drafting WR to pair with AJ witch is very sexy idea however, I would like for us to draft OLB, FS, DT in first 3 rounds if possible. After that, may be G and other needs like P? For WR, may be late rounds or FA. I hope, Dorin has break out season next year(This is just my dream).

But, it all depends on how we do in FA.

Go Texans!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2011   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Henery doesn't kick off for Nebraska. Not sure how strong his leg is on kickoffs.
Old 01-11-2011   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I know he doesn't kickoff for Nebraska. They dont want to get him hurt. He was too valuable to that team. Henery appear to have a very strong leg on FG's and punts.

I'm confident kickoffs wouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-11-2011   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Blackmon, I don't disagree that he is a top level talent at WR and will make some team very happy, but our defense was terrible last year and with the switch to the 3-4 we need all the help we can get especially the top level talent.

2. Ellis, I like the position picked (DT/NT) in the 2nd round and although I haven't seen Ellis play I like Sione Fua-NT or Jerrell Powe-NT better here. Fua and Powe are shorter than Ellis which is an advantage since tall DT's tend to get stood up, much like Frank Okam did, and lose leverage. Ellis is 6'05" which will be a disadvantage for him in the NFL. Also both Fua and Powe played at a higher level of football.

3. Herzlich, more Herzlich man love huh? He loves the game but I think he drops on draft day and could be had much later. I personally wouldn't touch him before the 5th round.

4. Hill, I like this pick but I'd go FS in the 3rd round. Maybe Jarrett.

5. Irving, I'm not familiar with him but he's awfully short at only 6'01" especially in a 3-4 system where LB's are so important.

6. Henrey, excellent pick could possibly even take over K duties in his 2nd year.

7. Washington, I don't know anything about him but extra depth at CB is a good thing and a good PR/KR would be nice.

1. Blackmon represents BPA. I understand what you're saying though. But let me ask you a question. Would you have taken Jackson over Bryant. Even though CB was a huge need. I hope Smithiak learned their lesson and either take Blackmon. Or trade down and fill more holes. Like Dutchrudder suggested in another thread.

2. I like Fua too he would be my 2nd choice at NT. You had some great points with regards to Ellis height. The combine and al star games will tell the tale for Ellis draft position. With a great combine and all star game along with interviewing well Ellis could be a 1st rd pick. He's a big strong guy that can move.

3. I have a man crush on Herzlich. I will admit it. He will be much better next yr than this yr probably.

5. Irving is a fast playmaking LB with a nose for the ball. He would help ad team speed at the LB position. Something that was sorely lacking in LB corps last yr.

Thanks for the feedback, I enjoy differing opinions.
Old 01-11-2011   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Blackmon represents BPA. I understand what you're saying though. But let me ask you a question. Would you have taken Jackson over Bryant. Even though CB was a huge need. I hope Smithiak learned their lesson and either take Blackmon. Or trade down and fill more holes. Like Dutchrudder suggested in another thread.

2. I like Fua too he would be my 2nd choice at NT. You had some great points with regards to Ellis height. The combine and al star games will tell the tale for Ellis draft position. With a great combine and all star game along with interviewing well Ellis could be a 1st rd pick. He's a big strong guy that can move.

3. I have a man crush on Herzlich. I will admit it. He will be much better next yr than this yr probably.

5. Irving is a fast playmaking LB with a nose for the ball. He would help ad team speed at the LB position. Something that was sorely lacking in LB corps last yr.

Thanks for the feedback, I enjoy differing opinions.
1. In a normal year I may agree with you and take Blackmon, but because we're doing a major overhaul of our defense we need lots of talent and will need the top tier talent especially. #11 is a great spot for a trade down, maybe to the early 20's and pick up an extra 3rd round pick.

2. We're thinking alike just differing on who's the better player.

3. With as many holes as we have on defense I wouldn't spend a 3rd round pick on a probably player. FS is more important than a reach on Herzlich.

4. What happened to #4?

5. He might be fast and a great nose for the ball but an ILB in a 3-4 will be taking on OG/C and FB as their primary responsibility at 6'01" 235lbs. he'll get killed or at best be ineffective.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let the critques begin
I like your thinking in this one.

1. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a receiver in the 1st round if we can't find anyone on defense who we feel is fair value. We could use an upgrade at every position.

2. I don't know who Ellis is but I like addressing DT/NT in the early rounds.

3. Not sure I would draft Herzlich before the 5th round. He used to be such a great player, but obviously had a few tough years. It's hard for me to put a number to how confident I am that he will return to form and grow past that. I like addressing LB, even though I feel we need an OLB more than an ILB. That is assuming Herzlich is used at ILB.

4. I prefer Ahmad Black over Will Hill. Will Hill is more athletic, but Ahmad Black seems to be more accountable and he does have the benefit of experience. He played in alot of big games in his career at Florida. He was definitely the leader of that secondary for Florida for atleast a year. He's also pretty athletic himself and fits the need of FS, whereas Hill looks more like a SS to me.

5. Are you talking about Nate Irving from NC State? I would think he would be higher rated than the 5th round, but I haven't checked. He'd be a good prospect for an ILB in a 3-4. I have had a chance to watch Irving play for 3 years now and he is very fun to watch. He's always flying around the ball and is a good blitzer from the inside. Kudos for mentioning him, he is one of my favorite guys this year.

6. We need special teamers, P or K.

7. I've noticed him in 2 or 3 of Auburn's games this year. He looks average. I'm not a big fan of grabbing a corner in the late rounds this year. We have plenty of young inexperienced corners.

If I were Rick Smith my plan would be to add atleast 1 safety, 2 linebackers, and 2 defensive lineman through the draft. A draft like the above would be close enough based on available players. I'd be happy with the positions addressed in this draft.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Drafting a receiver would be an unusual move by the team, but maybe the cure for our defense is for it to not be on the field as much as possible. Keep the offense on and go on long drives that eat up time, tire the defense, plus it increases the chance of scoring points. I doubt the Texans will go this route unless they can fix the defense through free agency.

Last edited by Nawzer; 01-11-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
3. Not sure I would draft Herzlich before the 5th round. He used to be such a great player, but obviously had a few tough years. It's hard for me to put a number to how confident I am that he will return to form and grow past that. I like addressing LB, even though I feel we need an OLB more than an ILB. That is assuming Herzlich is used at ILB.

4. I prefer Ahmad Black over Will Hill. Will Hill is more athletic, but Ahmad Black seems to be more accountable and he does have the benefit of experience. He played in alot of big games in his career at Florida. He was definitely the leader of that secondary for Florida for atleast a year. He's also pretty athletic himself and fits the need of FS, whereas Hill looks more like a SS to me.
I saw Herzlich play at WILL in a couple of games for BC this year.
I think he played MIKE before cancer.

I thought Hill play FS and Black play SS for the Gators ?!?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I like your thinking in this one.

1. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a receiver in the 1st round if we can't find anyone on defense who we feel is fair value. We could use an upgrade at every position.

2. I don't know who Ellis is but I like addressing DT/NT in the early rounds.

5. Are you talking about Nate Irving from NC State? I would think he would be higher rated than the 5th round, but I haven't checked. He'd be a good prospect for an ILB in a 3-4. I have had a chance to watch Irving play for 3 years now and he is very fun to watch. He's always flying around the ball and is a good blitzer from the inside. Kudos for mentioning him, he is one of my favorite guys this year.

6. We need special teamers, P or K.

7. I've noticed him in 2 or 3 of Auburn's games this year. He looks average. I'm not a big fan of grabbing a corner in the late rounds this year. We have plenty of young inexperienced corners.

If I were Rick Smith my plan would be to add atleast 1 safety, 2 linebackers, and 2 defensive lineman through the draft. A draft like the above would be close enough based on available players. I'd be happy with the positions addressed in this draft.
1. Agreed

2. One day I like Ellis the next day I like Fua. After the Combine we will have a better feel for who's better.

3. Herzlich=Man crush, I would play him at ILB and keep Cushing outside. He played the hybrid OLB at USC.

4. I'm hoping for a way that the Texans (Duntas comp pick) that the Texans can get both Black and Hill in Rds 3-4. Wouldn't it be a good thing to have college teammates starting at the S positions. Pollard was terrible in coverage and Hill has the athleticism that Pollard lacks. I can see your point about Black. But he wont be available in rd.4

5. Im hoping Irving falls to the 5th because of his injury history. He's a really good player and I'm not one of these you have to be a certian size to play ILB. (ex.Sam Mills)

6. Agreed

7. Washington will be drafted for his return skills. He has the ability to develop into a CB that can play. Think McCann that plays for the Cowgirls.
Old 01-11-2011   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Drafting a receiver would be an unusual move by the team, but maybe the cure for our defense is for it to not be on the field as much as possible. Keep the offense on and go on long drives that eat up time, tire the defense, plus it increases the chance of scoring points. I doubt the Texans will go this route unless they can fix the defense through free agency.
Agreed

I doubt they will go the Wr in the 1st. But hopefully they dont reach for a need ala Jackson.
Old 01-11-2011   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I saw Herzlich play at WILL in a couple of games for BC this year.
I think he played MIKE before cancer.

I thought Hill played FS too. Maybe they played the interchangeable S thing.

On a side note Kuechly looks like the 2nd coming of Zack Thomas. Very insinctive,one of the best I've seen at diagnosing plays. What do you think of him?
Old 01-12-2011   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let the critques begin
It's funny how Blackmon & Julio Jones camps split opinion about who is better. I'm in the Julio camp for Texans.

If Wade doesn't need that big traditional NT why spend a high pick on one when their are other needs & bpa's available?

I will respect your man-love, no comment.

Hill in 4th would be good if the Texans don't address FS in 2nd or 3rd.

So. Carolina ILB good pick.

someone, somewhere brought up the point why draft a punter/kicker when you can pick one up undrafted?

with the way Texan secondary played is it possible a 7th rd. pick could make the 53 man roster, but I doubt it?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think that is how they were listed but it seemed like Black was always the better safety in coverage. Black had 13 career INTs, Hill had 4.

The downside to Black is his size at 5'9 190. Hill is 6'1 207.

My favorite safeties in the draft are Deunta Williams at FS, DeAndre McDaniel at SS, Mark Barron at SS and Quinton Carter at FS.

I'd take McDaniel, Williams, or Barron in the second round. I would take Carter in the third. We need one of these guys, or a competent safety. We can no longer leave it unaddressed.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think that is how they were listed but it seemed like Black was always the better safety in coverage. Black had 13 career INTs, Hill had 4.

The downside to Black is his size at 5'9 190. Hill is 6'1 207.

My favorite safeties in the draft are Deunta Williams at FS, DeAndre McDaniel at SS, Mark Barron at SS and Quinton Carter at FS.

I'd take McDaniel, Williams, or Barron in the second round. I would take Carter in the third. We need one of these guys, or a competent safety. We can no longer leave it unaddressed.
I'will take the better athlete.(Hil) It will be a joy having S that have the athleticism to provide help over the top. Their S have never beemn able to provide this.

I'm not as high on McDaniel as you are. I question his intelligence.

Barron is a player. How far do you think Williams will fall due to his broken leg? 3/4th RD ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read