Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-08-2005   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Unhappy Housecleaning Coming??

This is according to Profootballtalk rumor mill.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Must be a slow day for the Chitown Mole.

I don't believe there is a rumor that Casserly is on the hot seat. Even if there is, the people spreading it have an agenda, and are spewing something absurd at the risk of their own credibility. Seems totally made-up to me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #3
tacoman_j
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I don't believe there is a rumor that Casserly is on the hot seat. Even if there is, the people spreading it have an agenda, and are spewing something absurd at the risk of their own credibility. Seems totally made-up to me.
I sure hope your're right because I like our style of football, and I strongly believe that we will start winning either this year or next year.
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If we had been 7-9 in 2003 and 5-11 in 2004, I might lend credence to those rumors. I think Capers could be in the hot seat if we post double-digit loses this year. I think this speculation is bunk regardless.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #5
canadiantexan
Veteran

I could believe Capers could be on the hot seat this year but CC lets not get crazy. Lets try to remember this is the man who drafted David Carr, DRE, DD, dunta Robinson and Jason Babin how many GM's have had drafts like that the last Three years. Vinny your right there is always a hidden agenda.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn. I always wanted us in the NFC.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the next season has a couple different scenarios which would make for a lot of uncertainty regarding the employment security of Cass & Capers.
We spend a lot of time on this Board discussing the OL situation in general
and the LT position specifically. Its arguable that the whole OL situation regressed from 2003 to 2004 and you can make a strong argument that that was a result of management decisions. What if O line protection continues to
erode this year and Carr suffers a serious injury - season ending (I won't go
farther than that) ?
Also, we had a several real bad performances last year at the wrong time -
like the last game of the year to name one. How about if we finish, say 500
this year but lose the last 2 or 3 games in and embarraasing fashion and
as a result miss the playoffs.
Peoples expectations here in town are up now and rightly or wrongly the grace period is nearing its end with this regime.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2005   #8
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be us, as fans that would have to light any fire under any hot seat. Right now I don't see anything like that happening. If the fans are basicly happy I don't see anybody being run off. As long as our record is 9-7 or better I don't really see a problem.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #9
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
Hell, in the NFC, they'd already be one of the top three teams.
think i just found my new sig...it's a little stretch but who says a little confidence is bad thing?
Old 04-08-2005   #10
barzilla
Veteran

Capers I believe, Casserly I don't. In this day and age, GMs always seem to be a little more insulated.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls
It would be us, as fans that would have to light any fire under any hot seat. Right now I don't see anything like that happening. If the fans are basicly happy I don't see anybody being run off.
I don't know, if next season ends the way last season ended I could see some fans raising a stink and making things uncomfortable for Dom, possibly Charlie too. Last year about two hours after the Cleveland game I swear you would have thought the world just ended.
Old 04-08-2005   #12
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i honestly don't believe that capers or casserly are on the hot seat as of now...i think the only people we have that are on the hot seat are our two coordinators...chris palmer and vic fangio...i really haven't seen anything from either one of them that would make me think their job security should be high
Old 04-08-2005   #13
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
i honestly don't believe that capers or casserly are on the hot seat as of now...i think the only people we have that are on the hot seat are our two coordinators...chris palmer and vic fangio...i really haven't seen anything from either one of them that would make me think their job security should be high
keyfro I cant believe someone who has drafted more talent than anyone else in the last three years could be in danger of losing his job. A good year next year and all the bandwagon jumpers will put him up for exec. of the year. (P.S. I'm not calling you a bandwagon jumper)
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

@ people taking things reported by PFT seriously...These are the same guys that said, "Pollack is arrogant", then the next day said, "Nevermind, no he's not"...I may be a little more worried if this were reported by a more credible source...
Old 04-08-2005   #15
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

We are well on the way to being a solid team for years. Babin who? my thought. Now I know. Go Casserly Go! We need to pick up one more impact player in 1st round and have solid picks through round 4. I see a w/r, l/b, a c/b, an OL (maybe center)and DL. Not necessarily that order.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
@ people taking things reported by PFT seriously...These are the same guys that said, "Pollack is arrogant", then the next day said, "Nevermind, no he's not"...I may be a little more worried if this were reported by a more credible source...
Ditto. PFT is the tabloid internet rag of the NFL. About 50% of the **** they spew is pure speculation and the rest is knee-jerl reactionary type rumors.

DO NOT TRUST A WORD OF THIS.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #17
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that we need to be at least 9-6 this season. If our team can not produce those numbers, then I think it's time to say, "thank you for your services" and let Capers and his coaching staff go. Cass, no way, I think he's done a great job with the picks, and I for one don't want to see him go.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Is that 9-7 or 10-6?
Old 04-08-2005   #19
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Well I guess - i'm one of the few going to go against the grain and say I believe the article/rumormill.

It says alot of what I have said myself on this board about this up-coming year and expectaions of progress by ownership to the coaches and GM - I think Palmer would also be included on the list of potential folks to go if results dont get produced this year.

That said

Let me also reiterate that - I am just as much a fan of the team

I "Hope" they do well and that ownership will stand by the staff regardless of what happens this year. But I am also enough of a realist to say - in year 4 of a 5 year plan - There are certainly some expectations by now and we better be knocking on the door by the end of the year - or somebodies head will roll. Thats just how life goes in the league for "most" teams.

Now - Mr. Mcnair has shown thus far to stick by the staff and their choices for the most part. But after the browns game last year he made it clear they need to do something to protect the QB. Plenty of threads all around here about how they are going to do that and what has and has not been done so far. Until the games are played and we have results to look at it's hard to guess how things will go for the staff. But if I have to guess at this point - if by mid season we are not .500 or better and competing for our division and a playoff spot - you will hear a whole lot more talk - and it wont be coming from just the fans. I'm willing to bet on that and be right or wrong.

No I'm not saying these thigns to flame up this post and give ammo for fodder - Akkthough I am sure soem of you will chew this one up and spit it back at me just the same. I know I dont have all the answers or know what Mr. Mcnair will choose to do. But I am willing to guess that Mr. Mcnair has his own expectations of the staff and the team for this year - and I bet they include a few things in that article along with competing for a playoff spot.

Last edited by U4ikrob; 04-08-2005 at 07:27 PM.
U4ikrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan
I could believe Capers could be on the hot seat this year but CC lets not get crazy. Lets try to remember this is the man who drafted David Carr, DRE, DD, dunta Robinson and Jason Babin how many GM's have had drafts like that the last Three years. Vinny your right there is always a hidden agenda.
Not many GMs have had drafts like that because only two other teams out of the thirty-two (Detroit and Jacksonville) have had a top ten pick every year for the last three years.

That said, homer hat off, it looks like the Texans first round picks over the last three years will end up being a better group than Detroit's or Jax's so they have picked well in the first round at least.

Carr, AJ, Dunta
Henderson, Lefty, Reg W
Harrington, Rogers, Roy W

As far as Capers, it's pretty simple. Unless there's a monumental collapse and everyone opens up a can of quit this season - like they did in week 17 last year - Capers will be back for Year 5 and will have one last chance to make the playoffs if he doesn't do it this year.

Casserly will hire Capers' successor if Capers is fired after this season or next. I don't think Casserly/Capers is an exit package deal in the owner's mind.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read