Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2011   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Is Gary Kubiak as nice a guy as we are told?

It was hilarious how badly Kubiak threw his 2nd handpicked Dc under the bus at the end of the season. He even blamed the uncharacteristic special teams problems this year on Frank Bush pullong the quality STers due to injuries!!! I keep hearing Kubiak is a "nice guy" but that is 2 DCs in a row HE PICKED that he threw under the bus to save his own ass.

At least Wade Phillips went down with his assistants in Buffalo despite being given the opportunity to pull a Kubiak.
Old 01-07-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Gary Kubiak as nice a guy as we are told?

I saw him kick a puppy once.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's been pretty f'ing mean to me for quite some time. I guess that counts as a "no" from me.
Old 01-07-2011   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I remember when he screamed at Schaub in the Carolina game in 2007.

Texans scored 34 unanswered after that. lol
Old 01-07-2011   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He didn't throw Marciano under the bus at all. What he said was Marciano was having to deal with different players all the time due to injuries. For the most part Kubiak doesn't like starters playing special teams. So the opposite is true. He was defending Marciano as having to deal with new players all the time with LB's and TE's going down.
Old 01-07-2011   #6
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Is Gary Kubiak as nice a guy as we are told?

Gary's a good kid. A tough kid. A kid who also has great character. Always battle coachin' out there, bustin' his tail off. That's all you can ask for. Just gotta keep fightin' and pushing through and he'll get to where he wants to be, I have no doubts.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Gary's a good kid. A tough kid. A kid who also has great character. Always battle coachin' out there, bustin' his tail off. That's all you can ask for. Just gotta keep fightin' and pushing through and he'll get to where he wants to be, I have no doubts.
I disagree... but he is on the right track.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2011   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

He stole my bike in 4th grade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard his eyes sometimes go all black with some kind of oily substance. I notified Mulder and Scully.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He didn't throw Marciano under the bus at all. What he said was Marciano was having to deal with different players all the time due to injuries. For the most part Kubiak doesn't like starters playing special teams. So the opposite is true. He was defending Marciano as having to deal with new players all the time with LB's and TE's going down.
Who's brilliant idea was it to have SS returning kick offs? Bueller? Bueller?
It must be the last name that does it. Pelosi stated it's Bush's fault that Dems lost control of congress last November. I wonder if they're related....
Old 01-07-2011   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I remember when he screamed at Schaub in the Carolina game in 2007.

Texans scored 34 unanswered after that. lol
Remember Carr didn't like being yelled at..... & I think I've heard at least two players say that Kubiak can & frequently does get nasty.....

He just keeps his cool in public, & on the sidelines. I kinda like that really.
Old 01-07-2011   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys this ones on me . Its hard to win in this league. The kids played hard but in the end we just came up short.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
It was hilarious how badly Kubiak threw his 2nd handpicked Dc under the bus at the end of the season. He even blamed the uncharacteristic special teams problems this year on Frank Bush pullong the quality STers due to injuries!!! I keep hearing Kubiak is a "nice guy" but that is 2 DCs in a row HE PICKED that he threw under the bus to save his own ass.

At least Wade Phillips went down with his assistants in Buffalo despite being given the opportunity to pull a Kubiak.

This happens all of the time. Blame somebody else to save your job.

I hope Gary is meaner to his underachieving players than he has been in the past.

Garys' problems have nothing to do with this. His problems are his inability to think on his feet. Go off script/Timeout useage/Replay Challenges etc.....
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This happens all of the time. Blame somebody else to save your job.

I hope Gary is meaner to his underachieving players than he has been in the past.

Garys' problems have nothing to do with this. His problems are his inability to think on his feet. Go off script/Timeout useage/Replay Challenges etc.....
Kubes does seem to have a problem when the fur is flying. He should hire an assistant just for replays. He sux at 'em.
Old 01-07-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

EFF the man.

You guys realize what has now happened?

a. Vikings make their interim coach the HC.
b. Cowboys make their interim coach the HC.
c. Giants retain their HC.
d. Bengals retain their HC.
e. Dolphins retain their HC.
f. Jags retain their HC.
g. Chargers retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh
i. Broncos want our o-coord

That leaves the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders seeking new head coaches. With the Raiders possibly hiring within.

NINE teams who each could have pursued Bill Cowher. Two teams, Panthers and Browns, who didn't immediately reach out and make a highly public effort to get Bill Cowher in for an interview. With Cowher alluding that he will probably stay in TV for another year.

And I am supposed to discuss if Gary is a nice person or not.

The real story, folks, is how incredibly dense, or cheap, or short-sighted, or ignorant, or foolish Bob McNair is for not taking advantage of a situation.

Which is what happens with this team, too: Unable to capitalize on situations.

It's only fitting.

I don't want to stay on topic, either. Gary Kubiak is an obstacle now.

But we got Bum's boy out of it. Super Bowl bound now. The highest paid DC is somehow going to nullify or make up for the HC's well-documented mistakes, in addition to sporting a great defense next year. And could possibly become, drum roll please....OUR interim head coach! LOL. YAY!

What a perfect storm was in existence for us to get Cowher! It all came together except for Bob McNair.
Old 01-07-2011   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
EFF the man.

f. Jags retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh

That leaves the Panthers, Browns, and Raiders seeking new head coaches. With the Raiders possibly hiring within.

NINE teams who each could have pursued Bill Cowher. Two teams, Panthers and Browns, who didn't immediately reach out and make a highly public effort to get Bill Cowher in for an interview. With Cowher alluding that he will probably stay in TV for another year.

The real story, folks, is how incredibly dense, or cheap, or short-sighted, or ignorant, or foolish Bob McNair is for not taking advantage of a situation.

It's only fitting.

But we got Bum's boy out of it. Super Bowl bound now. The highest paid DC is somehow going to nullify or make up for the HC's well-documented mistakes, in addition to sporting a great defense next year. And could possibly become, drum roll please....OUR interim head coach! LOL. YAY!

What a perfect storm was in existence for us to get Cowher! It all came together except for Bob McNair.
Old 01-07-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
EFF the man.

f. Jags retain their HC.
h. 9ers hire Harbaugh

It's only fitting.

Maybe all those other teams passing on Cowher is telling. He might only be a hot commodity in the eyes of other media types. If Cowher and Gruden were such end-all be-all, coaching gurus, they would have teams falling all over themselves fighing for them. There HAS to be a reason they aren't. Where there's no smoke, their usually isn't a fire. San Diego is almost custom-made for Cowher. Denver too, now that I think about it. Just saying....
Old 01-07-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
LOL.

OK, OK, I honestly laughed at myself when I saw that photo.

So true, so true....

"Dr. Leo! Dr. Leo! You didn't return my phone call, Dr. Leo!"
Old 01-07-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Maybe all those other teams passing on Cowher is telling. He might only be a hot commodity in the eyes of other media types. If Cowher and Gruden were such end-all be-all, coaching gurus, they would have teams falling all over themselves fighing for them. There HAS to be a reason they aren't. Where there's no smoke, their usually isn't a fire. San Diego is almost custom-made for Cowher. Denver too, now that I think about it. Just saying....
I have thought about that, too.

We also don't know that each of those teams have or haven't called Cowher's agent, and Cowher's agent said "Thanks, but not thanks."

If it's widely known that Cowher wants one specific team, maybe the other fish are scared off?

But, "Yes," it is possible that Cowher wants to coach more than any team actually wants HIM. It's possible.

I just think that's a lot of teams to pass on a guy who did pretty well in Pittsburgh. It wasn't a fluke. It was a sustained legacy there.
Old 01-07-2011   #20
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Remember Carr didn't like being yelled at..... & I think I've heard at least two players say that Kubiak can & frequently does get nasty.....

He just keeps his cool in public, & on the sidelines. I kinda like that really.
We saw James Casey once at some radio thing and I asked him the same thing. He never showed any fire on the sidelines, so I flat out asked James if he did in the locker room.

James kinda laughed and was like, "Oh yeah, you have NO IDEA how bad we get chewed"

That satisfied me ... till the next loss.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read