Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Should The Texans Sign VY If They Can?
YES! 26 17.22%
NO! 125 82.78%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2011   #1
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Young wanted in Houston" ????

"Vince Young is wanted in Houston
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 6, 2011, 4:26 PM EST
Well, we suppose it was inevitable. Someone has penned an article saying the Texans should sign Vince Young, the hometown kid.

Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle did the honors, writing the Texans should pursue Young as a backup. (This assumes Young is released, as expected.) Justice then chastises the Texans for being “uninteresting” and wanting to paint the town “beige.” He wants buzz.

The argument almost makes sense in a world where Young would have to accept a clear backup role. He doesn’t.

Young has warts, but he’s not without value. He’s won consistently and his stats are impressive. He’s thrown 20 touchdowns to 10 interceptions over the last two years. He averaged 8 yards-per-attempt and had a 98 quarterback rating in 2010.

Young has major leadership and maturity questions to answer. Of course. That’s why he’s available and won’t get a monster contract.

Despite that, Young could upgrade the quarterback position on a lot of teams. He shouldn’t have to settle for a clear backup role. Let Matt Leinart do that."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-in-houston/

If he is signed by the Texans, I will turn in my fan card.
Old 01-06-2011   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Young wanted in Houston" ????

In the immortal words of VY after the first Rose Bowl victory. "Ill be baaaaack"
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #3
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

We need no tumors on this team.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #4
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Should The Texans Sign VY If They Could?

Pick one....
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, Skip Bayless is to ESPN as Richard Justice is to the Houston Chronicle.
^ from the other thread... It's kind of sad people can earn a living just by 'stirring the pot'.
Old 01-06-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should The Texans Sign VY If They Could?

Where is the '**** NO!' option?
Old 01-06-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Butt we do need some winners
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2011   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the "No. **** You" button? That's the one I would've pressed.
Old 01-06-2011   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure would be a goodbackup if matty goes down
Old 01-06-2011   #10
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-06-2011   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Butt we do need some winners
But not Wieners....
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #12
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If I were the Jags, I would be trading for him right now though. Get back some of that lost Tebow money by selling VY jersies and getting games broadcast in Austin
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #13
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

A they say, this is tooooo delicious... in a soap opera kind of way.

Don't you all have a sinking feeling that this will actually happen?

It's too freaking perfect not to, just like the touchdown he scored to win the first game he played in Reliant.

It's almost like... destiny.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only time I ever want to see Vince Young near a Texans uniform is when he is under a pile of Texans defensive players.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #15
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans sign VY, I will personally hunt down everyone responsible for it, lock them in a room with a shirtless VY and let the tequila flow.
Old 01-06-2011   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys to be completely honest, if Schaub were to go down in a game I think VY would give us a better opportunity to win than either Dan-O or Leinart.

With that said, I'll completely understand if the the Texans don't want to sign a guy who recently told his Head Coach "I'm not walking out on them (teammates), I'm walking out on you."

If he matures, grows up, and separates from his yes-men posse then it could be a good thing. Otherwise, VY is just another physically talented dumbass.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #17
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'll abstain from voting.

I'm a Longhorn fan, but I never thought VY would be a good QB. He has well publicized issues, and would instantly have the VY fanboys crying for him to start.

The only problem is that he is a much better backup than Dano or Lienart. If Schaub went down for any length of time, from a purely on-field perspective, I'd rather have him than the two "QBs" we have as backups now...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #18
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on Young.

I see him as a scorched-earth talent. Sure he is exciting and will win you games, but look at the damage he does in the process. Having him on the field of play is nice, but you also have to deal with his Wonderlick-iness off the field.

Now if the light is on...
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Who are we kidding this is the good ol boy team no way we are signing him he will prob go to cincy or the Seahawks or somethin
Old 01-06-2011   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Who are we kidding this is the good ol boy team no way we are signing him he will prob go to cincy or the Seahawks or somethin
LOL I love all the slight to Kubiak & Co. these days. Honestly, the decision to pick VY up or not has little to do with us and more to do with VY. He's his own worst enemy and will be the reason why teams pass on him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read