Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-06-2011   #1
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BPA: When not to draft him?

Just wondering if there was a position where you would not draft the BPA, if he was top of your big board?

In the first round for me I would list QB, RB, P, K and maybe TE.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BPA: When not to draft him?

If it's a RB or QB I think there might be some teams willing to trade up for them...

But I would say that you have it just about covered with the positions you list.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #3
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81178 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If it's a freak like Dez Bryant, take him if you can. Even if he is just your return man for a few years before he blooms, you are good in the long run.

DTs seem to bust more than any position, so they seem to be one to avoid.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #4
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Just wondering if there was a position where you would not draft the BPA, if he was top of your big board?

This would matter less in later rounds (by round 7, I'm fine with any of them), but those would be my list to skip in the 1st round this year (Long Snapper, too...) I'd be fine with any other position.

Honestly, though, it would also matter just how far ahead someone was on the big board. If a WR was #1 and a FS #2, and they were nearly identically ranked, I might go for the second one. But, if there was a big gap, no. And, if Peyton Manning II was there, or a P who averaged 60 yard punts, or a K who consistently hit everything within 70 yards, I'd probably still consider them.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

If you had a player rated above all others, why would you not take him, regardless of position? I can understand choosing postition of need when players are rated equally, but if there is a tier 1 qb available, wouldn't you take him over a tier 2 rb or wr or lb?
Old 01-06-2011   #6
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 446 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I agree with your list with the caveat begin that I still go BPA if 1) the QB, RB, or TE are not A+ level, Manning-level players and/or 2) my starter at the position is 29 or older.

All in all, the player has to be a real upgrade over my starter.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read