Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2011   #21
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Skip Bayless is an id!ot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
He said this?!? Where?
ESPN today.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not necessarily. That's only true if there's only one team interested. If there are multiple teams, they'll each make their pitch. Otherwise, they'll have to risk a bidding war with real dollars.
The idea of a bidding war happening over Vince Young is so laughable I don't know what to think. I literally have tears streaming down my eyes thinking about different NFL GM's running to Tennessee throwing draft picks, players, and money around trying to procure the services of the best sausage salesman from Madison.
Old 01-06-2011   #23
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
That is pretty laughable. Schaub is a much better passer and I would suggest leader than Vince in the NFL.

Question is however, Is Vince a better backup QB prospect than Dan-O and Leniart?
For the Texans? No. In another post, I mentioned that Seneca Wallace, Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Moore, Rex Grossman, Tyler Thigpien, and Alex Smith will ALL be available. I'd take any of those guys as a backup over VY or Dan-O. Chances are, Leinart will be looking for a starting gig, but I think the others would be thrilled to come in as a backup in Kubiak's system.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #24
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The titans torpedoed any trade value he might've held by announcing he wouldn't be back.
I gotta agree with Infantrycak here, the guy never had any trade value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The Titans have zero chance of trading him. He is due a $4.5 mil roster bonus on March 10. He'll be axed before them. Any team that were to trade for him would owe that plus $8.5 mil in salary next season. Not happening. He'll be an UFA soon.
Old 01-06-2011   #25
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The idea of a bidding war happening over Vince Young is so laughable I don't know what to think. I literally have tears streaming down my eyes thinking about different NFL GM's running to Tennessee throwing draft picks, players, and money around trying to procure the services of the best sausage salesman from Madison.
I didn't say they WOULD. Just laying out the scenario that unless it was only ONE team interested in Vince, announcing his departure didn't hurt any trade value (if any) that he had initially. It was intended to be hypothetical.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Question is however, Is Vince a better backup QB prospect than Dan-O and Leniart?
I dunno. VY doesn't study and freelances. I don't want a QB that thinks he's smarter than my OC and acts on that mistaken belief in a game.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #27
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Bayless is an asshat all the way around. This just puts him over the top. If the Texans did sign VY, I would jump off a bridge....

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2011   #28
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say they WOULD. Just laying out the scenario that unless it was only ONE team interested in Vince, announcing his departure didn't hurt any trade value (if any) that he had initially. It was intended to be hypothetical.
No really though, you used the words "Vince Young" and "bidding war" in the same sentence. I didn't even think that would be possible unless discussing extreme polar opposites like hot and cold, or Rosie O'Donnell and boners.
Old 01-06-2011   #29
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Bayless is an asshat all the way around. This just puts him over the top. If the Texans did sign VY, I would jump off a bridge....
VY couldnt hold a clip board for Schaub .... He's gonna have to find someone else to play hide the sausage with now that Buck Fud has had enough of his antics.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #30
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
VY couldnt hold a clip board for Schaub .... He's gonna have to find someone else to play hide the sausage with now that Buck Fud has had enough of his antics.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #31
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected

How can you guys hate Skip Bayless? The man is hilarious.
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
How can you guys hate Skip Bayless? The man is hilarious.
The same way I can hate Stephen A Smith's loud mouth ass .... Dude thinks his tone of voice changes opinion into fact.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #33
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Oh...and I think a Vincepalm icon is direly needed to complete the unholy trinity.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #34
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
just going to quote this.

EDIT: forever.
Old 01-06-2011   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

People that dog Schaub just reveal the depth of their ignorance.
Old 01-06-2011   #36
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
1) Matt Schaub no good, so

2) VY to Texans -- will make Texans a winner

3) Dumping VY biggest mistake in history of Titans/Oilers franchise

You had me at "id!ot".
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #37
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh Skip...

I think VY's contract make him hard to move. I don't think teams will get in a "bidding war" for VY but the thing about a trade (7th round pick) is that you get that player. Once he gets cut, you're competing against 30 other teams hypothetically. That's not just teams offering money... but VY actually deciding which of the teams he wants to go to. I just don't think any team is going to want to pay him that money... could restructure it with a L/T contract I guess. But that would be putting a lot of faith that he's your franchise QB
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #38
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Al Davis will pick him up to run a zone read with McFadden.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #39
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
People that dog Schaub just reveal the depth of their ignorance.
I kind of consider Matt the white Daunte Culpepper, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (as long as he has the best WR in the game to throw to).

But yeah, VY is not even close to his level
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #40
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry for being a jerk but I'm glad VY proved how overrated he was. To all those people at UT who told me taking Mario was mistake, f--k yall! Skip obviously doesn't watch the Texans otherwise he would know how lethal the play-action pass to AJ is.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read