Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-06-2011   #1
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No more Tits games in Austin?

Now that VY is getting the boot in Tenn., does this mean we will not be forced to watch the Tits when the Texans stumble? Of course Kubes said he was gonna let Leinart go, so maybe we'll be getting the head case here to back up Shuab. Who knows?
Would you want VY to come to Houston?

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No more Tits games in Austin?

We just need nore tits here in Houston...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #3
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
We just need nore tits here in Houston...
I will second that motion!
Old 01-06-2011   #4
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Now that VY is getting the boot in Tenn., does this mean we will not be forced to watch the Tits when the Texans stumble? Of course Kubes said he was gonna let Leinart go, so maybe we'll be getting the head case here to back up Shuab. Who knows?
No, no, no, no, no (I think ya'll get my opinion).
We need him here as much as we needed Moss or TO (Same crappy attitude).
I would not expect him to be seen in Houston unless he is playing on the other side of the field.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: No more Tits games in Austin?

Sigh between the Houston sports radio callers and Skip Bayless the VY sh!t will NEVER end (and some times I think Skip is like Innes and Gwen - he says stuff to intentionally cause a stir - replace Schaub with VY?!?!?).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

VY will never be a Texan.
Old 01-06-2011   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoy your Cleveland Brown games next season. Sorry dude, but Keye will not back the Texans until they get more fans that dont live in Houston. And that takes playoffs and superbowls.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2011   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Enjoy your Cleveland Brown games next season. Sorry dude, but Keye will not back the Texans until they get more fans that dont live in Houston. And that takes playoffs and superbowls.
Yup. McCoy mania has definitely kicked up a notch at the local stores these past few weeks.
Old 01-06-2011   #9
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
Yes. I would. But, NOT as a backup QB.

We could use him as a Wild Cat QB, an extra RB/WR option in goal line situations. So, if we get into Red Zone, we would have AJ, Foster, OD, and Young. Who does the D cover? It creates all kinds of potential mishap problems for the opposing D when Vince is coming with Schaub.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #10
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince is way better than Orlavsky and Lienart put together and he has gametime experience with winning his main goal. How abou Vince scoring many Touchdowns in reliant while chanting "this is my House".

If bob let this happen he would make people forget about firing Gary
Old 01-06-2011   #11
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108546 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary is a pure QB coach. He doesn't do "unconventional."
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
VY will never be a Texan.
Actually Vince is a Texan.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Gary is a pure QB coach. He doesn't do "unconventional."
I'm not in favor of bringing Vince here but I would argue that Plummer was pretty unconventional and wound up having the most success in his career under Kubiak. Mobility is definitely an asset in this system.
Old 01-06-2011   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

For a second, I thought the universe was shining on me by putting more Texans games in Austin if/when I get there in the Fall, but I have a feeling VY will be on TV no matter where he plays.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
For a second, I thought the universe was shining on me by putting more Texans games in Austin if/when I get there in the Fall, but I have a feeling VY will be on TV no matter where he plays.
They didn't show him at all last year without a Titans-Texans matchup iirc. I'm more worried about Cleveland no matter where Vince goes.
Old 01-06-2011   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
They didn't show him at all last year without a Titans-Texans matchup iirc. I'm more worried about Cleveland no matter where Vince goes.
I don't think you are going to have to worry about Cleveland unless they get really good and Colt becomes a superstar. I think Colt will be a solid QB however not at the superstar level and the Browns probably won't be that good again.

Also Colt doesn't have the same cult/worship status that Vince has around here.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't think you are going to have to worry about Cleveland unless they get really good and Colt becomes a superstar. I think Colt will be a solid QB however not at the superstar level and the Browns probably won't be that good again.

Also Colt doesn't have the same cult/worship status that Vince has around here.
Good point.
Old 01-06-2011   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger1 View Post
Yes. I would. But, NOT as a backup QB.

We could use him as a Wild Cat QB, an extra RB/WR option in goal line situations. So, if we get into Red Zone, we would have AJ, Foster, OD, and Young. Who does the D cover? It creates all kinds of potential mishap problems for the opposing D when Vince is coming with Schaub.
All of this is true, but it doesn't make VY a starting QB. The problem is he's got to grow up. I assume, for instance, that you meant having him as a backup, but VY can't handle that and will be talking crap within a year about how he should be the starter. He also does have the talent to be a star, but he's got a LOT of growing up to do. I think he MIGHT do it before he's too old and forced to retire, but that's a long way away.

Long story short, we don't want him. Maybe in about 8 years.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Vince is way better than Orlavsky and Lienart put together and he has gametime experience with winning his main goal. How abou Vince scoring many Touchdowns in reliant while chanting "this is my House".

If bob let this happen he would make people forget about firing Gary
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011   #20
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe now they'll start getting Cleveland Browns games

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read