Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2011   #141
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 57152 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is everyone making excuses for K.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
Is it time for Brandon Harris to start for Kareem yet?
yes.
Old 09-28-2011   #142
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
yes.
No. We need to see Jason Allen get beat and fall down some more first.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #143
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 57152 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
No. We need to see Jason Allen get beat and fall down some more first.
Ypu're a glutton for punishment. My wife would love you.
Old 09-29-2011   #144
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah but the first year kubiak was new, i doubt he had much to do with the picks. i think casserly had his hand in most of that. i don't really count that one, he dont get credit for M.W

So? Wade Phillips is new and he had EVERYTHING to do with our last draft. Being the new guy actually likely gave him more stroke. He was a new voice who didn't have the "loser stench" that everyone else in this organization had. I have no doubt in my mind that if Kubiak really wanted Bush, he could've had him. He was a brand new head coach with a lame duck G.M. who was coming to a team that was 2-14 and drafting #1 ovrl. Me thinks Kubiak had the freedom to pick whoever he wanted #1 ovrl and had a BIG influence on the rest of that 2006 draft.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #145
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunky View Post
absolutely not.. i think there's legitimate hope for harris, and he should be on the bench observing what NOT to do.
If anything, McCain should start, Harris Should be the nickel, Kareem & Allen should get playing time if we go to dime or someone gets hurt. That should be their final shot to start on this team. If they can't get it done, or they get the wrong attitude, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

I say that, totally ignoring that Kareem wasn't thrown at much for the first half. I don't know if that was because of the pressure on the QB, or if he was doing his job. It's really hard to tell watching it on the tube.

But I trust Wade & Gary (in that order) so I won't be too upset if KJax is starting against Pittsburgh. I don't think I would be able to understand what is going on if Harris is not activated.

JJo, Kjax, McCain, Harris, McMannis, Allen..... that should be our depth chart at CB right now. If we're going to suit up 4 CBs, it should be the first four. If we're bringing 5, it should be the first 5. I'm giving KJax the benefit of the doubt + his draft slot. If he basically got lucky that Brees didn't have time to get to him in the first half, he slides down the list just ahead of Allen. AFAIC(concerned) he is no better than Allen, Allen is no better than he is.
Old 09-29-2011   #146
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think I would be able to understand what is going on if Harris is not activated.
Harris may have all the physical ability and technique to start but they may not be activating him because he isn't displaying in practice that he understands his responsibilities and reads so gets out of place.
Old 09-29-2011   #147
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Harris may have all the physical ability and technique to start but they may not be activating him because he isn't displaying in practice that he understands his responsibilities and reads so gets out of place.
But KJax is? I believe I heard Gary talking about our CBs not playing tight on their man when they were explicitly told to do so..... I have to assume he was talking about KJ.

Besides, I'm talking activated, never said anything about starting.

I have no problem with Kubiak wanting his players to act like pros... I don't understand Harris not doing his part. If he's doing his part, I can't believe KJ & Jason Allen both have a gameday spot & he doesn't.

It may be what is happening, I just can't understand it happening.
Old 09-29-2011   #148
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But KJax is? I believe I heard Gary talking about our CBs not playing tight on their man when they were explicitly told to do so..... I have to assume he was talking about KJ.

Besides, I'm talking activated, never said anything about starting.

I have no problem with Kubiak wanting his players to act like pros... I don't understand Harris not doing his part. If he's doing his part, I can't believe KJ & Jason Allen both have a gameday spot & he doesn't.

It may be what is happening, I just can't understand it happening.
I'm still trying to decipher exactly what it was that Kubiak was saying.
The reporter asked him about how he thinks KJax didn't play close to the vest in the 4th quarter,
Kubiak was kinda vague in his answer.
I think he was wanting to say he wished Wade had played the CBs tighter.

I had taken all the screen shots of the Saints last 3 drives (not counting the last one when they run out the clock.

KJax played closer to the LOS than Joseph quite a bit.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #149
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Kubiak didn't single anyone out. He said that the players needed to trust the coaches & if they tell them to play tight, it's for a reason.
Old 09-29-2011   #150
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Aint nothing new. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...kareem+jackson

We should have signed another starting CB in the offseason. Besides Glover we didnt have a single starting caliber DB on the roster.

Hell at this point I am OK with proposing a trade with Philly, our first round pick for Samuels.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #151
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I'm still trying to decipher exactly what it was that Kubiak was saying.
The reporter asked him about how he thinks KJax didn't play close to the vest in the 4th quarter,
Kubiak was kinda vague in his answer.
I think he was wanting to say he wished Wade had played the CBs tighter.

I had taken all the screen shots of the Saints last 3 drives (not counting the last one when they run out the clock.

That's probably true.

But that said, who do you think has the better ability to play off a man but still come up and make a play on a short route?

Hint: it's not kareem

It's entirely possible that the coaches could have the corners playing differently on any given play for any number of reasons.

I don't know if Kareem wasn't doing what he was asked to do. That's speculation.

What I do know is that he was picked on late in the game. He is limited in what he can do and that is painfully obvious now if it never has been.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #152
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

We should have signed another starting CB in the offseason. Besides Glover we didnt have a single starting caliber DB on the roster.

Hell at this point I am OK with proposing a trade with Philly, our first round pick for Samuels.
Colts Cut Justin Tryon bout a day ago. Can he really be worse than what we have behind Joseph? Hope the Texans work him out.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #153
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Think I read that Philly want a 2nd this draft and a 2nd in 2013. I'd do that.
Old 09-29-2011   #154
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather see Jackson out there for the rest of the season than forcing Brandon Harris to start too soon and ending up in the same boat with him.

There is a reason why he's not seeing the field right now, I have no problem with him seeing limited action at some point, that would be a great indication of his improvement.

We need to stop throwing these corners into the fire, look at what happened to Fred Bennett and he coped well to start with.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011   #155
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I'd rather see Jackson out there for the rest of the season than forcing Brandon Harris to start too soon and ending up in the same boat with him.

There is a reason why he's not seeing the field right now, I have no problem with him seeing limited action at some point, that would be a great indication of his improvement.

We need to stop throwing these corners into the fire, look at what happened to Fred Bennett and he coped well to start with.
Yeah this conversation is kind of ironically funny because of all the excoriating Kubiak got for starting KJ as rookie and now they want to stick a rookie in.
Old 09-29-2011   #156
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So? Wade Phillips is new and he had EVERYTHING to do with our last draft. Being the new guy actually likely gave him more stroke. He was a new voice who didn't have the "loser stench" that everyone else in this organization had. I have no doubt in my mind that if Kubiak really wanted Bush, he could've had him. He was a brand new head coach with a lame duck G.M. who was coming to a team that was 2-14 and drafting #1 ovrl. Me thinks Kubiak had the freedom to pick whoever he wanted #1 ovrl and had a BIG influence on the rest of that 2006 draft.
yeah but we all knew that the draft would be focused on defense regardless of if wade cam in our not.
Old 09-29-2011   #157
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah this conversation is kind of ironically funny because of all the excoriating Kubiak got for starting KJ as rookie and now they want to stick a rookie in.
I never had a problem with starting KJax or any rookie at corner. With the secondary & coaches we have now, I most definitely wouldn't have a problem.

But, my solution was to move McCain up a notch & put Harris in as the nickel back. Worst case scenario, I said he should be active to take snaps if we go with 6 DBs... or if someone gets hurt.

Nobody learns to play CB (or any position) on the sideline. The longer we keep him off the field, the longer it would be till he's ready.
Old 09-30-2011   #158
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that just came to mind, am I right in thinking this time last year KJax had made a reasonable start to the season, and it was mid-season he took a nose-dive?

If so that worries me that he look OK in the first 2 games before looking terrible last week.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #159
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
One thing that just came to mind, am I right in thinking this time last year KJax had made a reasonable start to the season, and it was mid-season he took a nose-dive?

If so that worries me that he look OK in the first 2 games before looking terrible last week.
In all honesty, he looked good enough for all but the last 9 minutes of the 4th Qtr.

Last year, I don't know that he ever looked good. Peyton threw for 400 yards on us, I don't think anyone in our secondary looked good. McNabb threw for 400 yards (I think)... & that Joey Galloway pass didn't look very good for Kareem in particular.
Old 09-30-2011   #160
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Per Twitter: KJ didn't practice again, Allen likely to start.

I don't care who's better or who's worse. I'll just say this is definitely not an upgrade. lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read