Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2011   #81
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is everyone making excuses for K.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMoose View Post
Show me. I have known Kareem for a long time, show me.
what does u knowing him have to do with anything ???? i know a baseball player that dont mean he dont suck
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #82
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
he's been playing this game his whole life so come on its not gibbs/bushs fault. u can label someone a bust after 1 season. I saw many of these same people call M.W a bust after season 1.
I defend KJ because..He is a rookie....and I believe he had just about as many ints in his rookie year as our "pay me rick" corner that left us. I saw him get better and learn from his mistakes. All rookies get picked on and due to the lack of pressure by other busts ( ahem amobi) and our #1 pick and 1 free agent offside engineer (offsideo smith), other teams had plenty of time to pick on him.

Did he get burned yes, was it more than other rookie corners,hard to say. I think this year under fire for our "kiddie corners" is going to benefit them in the long run.

KJ is a work in progress and worth the value of his pick because we needed a corner and not another d-lineman.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #83
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So why does everyone keep defending him. Some of u wanting him to continue to start sound a lot like the way bob mcnair thinks. Lets dont be hypocrites.
Now this is the part that gets me. Some people might have defended the rookie some including myself, but to say that anyone wanted him to continue to start is just false. I don't think anyone ever has wanted that. If you want to bash Jackson for having a poor rookie season than fine, but remember to add that it's a rookie season at one of the hardest positions to transition to in the NFL and that's why top CB's get paid what they do now days. Also remember the clowns that never would get any real veteran CB's or safeties all of these years in free agency though. Asking a rookie to be the main corner on a struggling defense was asking for disaster.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #84
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm going to chalk it up to a rookie year, with piss poor coaching. If he doesn't improve next year, then I'll jump on the "he sucks" bandwagon.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #85
MacMoose
Rookie

Quote:
what does u knowing him have to do with anything ???? i know a baseball player that dont mean he dont suck
You still haven't shown a stat and because I do know him, I would like to see it. And telling me to find a stat that shows he isn't the worst CB is not my problem. As the OP, it's on you.
MacMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #86
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

OK SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING UPSET ABOUT THIS THREAD, this is my final post in this thread. I just dont want the staff to think he will be improved by next season and leave us in the same position we are in this year, worst pass defense, no play-offs. THATS ALL
Old 01-06-2011   #87
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE GETTING UPSET ABOUT THIS THREAD, this is my final post in this thread. I just dont want the staff to think he will be improved by next season and leave us in the same position we are in this year, worst pass defense, no play-offs. THATS ALL
Nobody's upset bro... just a differing opinion... the type written words have no voice inflection
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2011   #88
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
I defend KJ because..He is a rookie....and I believe he had just about as many ints in his rookie year as our "pay me rick" corner that left us. I saw him get better and learn from his mistakes. All rookies get picked on and due to the lack of pressure by other busts ( ahem amobi) and our #1 pick and 1 free agent offside engineer (offsideo smith), other teams had plenty of time to pick on him.

Did he get burned yes, was it more than other rookie corners,hard to say. I think this year under fire for our "kiddie corners" is going to benefit them in the long run.

KJ is a work in progress and worth the value of his pick because we needed a corner and not another d-lineman.

Actually, Dunta had 6 Int's his first year. But, he had a pro bowl corner on the other side. And a pro bowl corner making the transition to FS. And a front 7 that provided a decent amount of pressure. I think that KJ was a bit overwhelmed this year, but he will be a good corner with time under his belt, some safety help, and a decent defensive game plan to provide a bit of help.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #89
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whos upset? the threads title asks a question and people respomded, no one is pissed. You want to see pissed try doing a search threads for these topics Kubiak, Richard Smith, Conner Barwin and David Carr. This thread is mild in comparison.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #90
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
whos upset? the threads title asks a question and people respomded, no one is pissed. You want to see pissed try doing a search threads for these topics Kubiak, Richard Smith, Conner Barwin and David Carr. This thread is mild in comparison.
Very true, better yet, do a search for Vince Young, 2006
Old 01-06-2011   #91
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Actually, Dunta had 6 Int's his first year. But, he had a pro bowl corner on the other side. And a pro bowl corner making the transition to FS. And a front 7 that provided a decent amount of pressure. I think that KJ was a bit overwhelmed this year, but he will be a good corner with time under his belt, some safety help, and a decent defensive game plan to provide a bit of help.
Soft spots between the zones ? The same things beat them from week one to week 17 .... Smith never could figure it out.

Quote:
whos upset? the threads title asks a question and people respomded, no one is pissed. You want to see pissed try doing a search threads for these topics Kubiak, Richard Smith, Conner Barwin and HHWNBM. This thread is mild in comparison.
Fixed that for you.

We dont mention Mr. Mittens round these parts.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #92
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
yeah i just don't enjoy being called a troll when i have been a fan as long as anybody on this board. i remember u from HT.com. Just think its funny how people putting others down seems to make them feel better about their selves and their opinion.
Old 01-06-2011   #93
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
yeah i just don't enjoy being called a troll when i have been a fan as long as anybody on this board. i remember u from HT.com. Just think its funny how people putting others down seems to make them feel better about their selves and their opinion.
troll...
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #94
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
troll...
Old 01-06-2011   #95
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
troll...
Quote:
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #96
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Old 01-06-2011   #97
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

"Rookie on Rookie" violence (and I'm talking about new posters to the board)...

Love it!!
Old 01-06-2011   #98
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When you come on and start a thread to just badmouth a player, and you don't have any context to back it up other than "This is just what I think u prove me wrong lol" people get all fiery. People are putting you down because you refuse to show any effort to extrapolate as to the reasons behind your opinions.

I don't think Jackson should be completely excluded from at least having a shot at being one of the starting CB's, but between him and Glover, if one of them has to remain a starter it's going to be Glover. I also think that better coaching will do both of them wonders so who knows.
Old 01-06-2011   #99
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
When you come on and start a thread to just badmouth a player, and you don't have any context to back it up other than "This is just what I think u prove me wrong lol" people get all fiery. People are putting you down because you refuse to show any effort to extrapolate as to the reasons behind your opinions.

I don't think Jackson should be completely excluded from at least having a shot at being one of the starting CB's, but between him and Glover, if one of them has to remain a starter it's going to be Glover. I also think that better coaching will do both of them wonders so who knows.
i figured our worst passing defense this season and 6-10 record was enough evidence, of how bad THEY were. guess i was wrong. heck lets not worry about the defense at all now that we have Phillips i'm sure Jackson will magically be able to hang with WRs in man to man and wont fall down anymore.
Old 01-06-2011   #100
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
"Rookie on Rookie" violence (and I'm talking about new posters to the board)...

Love it!!
Too bad they have manboobs ......

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read