Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2011   #61
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is everyone making excuses for K.J.

The CB's weren't great, but the Safety's are more to blame. Sorry
Old 01-06-2011   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The CB's weren't great, but the Safety's are more to blame. Sorry
How many years have we been stating this .... by now its got to be painfully obvious to the front office.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #63
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Rep for digging deeper into it than most including myself have.

I'm curious as to how these stats compare to the reality / context.

How much playing time did these players recieve in comparison - were they starters getting the majority of snaps , nickle or dime package guy's ?

Much like the Texans offensive stats that lead to McNair's retaining Kubiak - Its easy to take statistics out of context.
Corrosion, thanks for the rep. I completely agree with you when you say that the stats do not tell the whole story. I know that different factors need to be brought to be completely 100% relative but these werent for you as you seem a little reasonable.

These stats were for Ellis. Because in his eyes, bad rookie year = horrible bust. Because it was so apparently black and white to him, I thought some simple stats like these would help him in his decision.

Obviously he didnt get the memo.......
Old 01-06-2011   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFV01kPwnY4 heres our best cb, haha we are terrible in the secondary. #25 most of all
I have already analyzed these plays and my take was quite different from the blogger, who is a member of this board (dalemurphy).

You can try to search for my post.

I will summarize them:
Play 1 (2:45 in the first)
If you have the actual game tape, replay it in slow motion and see.
Yes, it was man coverage, but on this side, there was a possiible tango between Pollard and KJ. Look carefully and you will see that Pollard (who was in front of both receivers) looked to have the idea to switch but didn't. It makes sense to me when they had Pollard playing on-man on the slot receiver and KJ playing off-man on the wide-out.
When KJ came back up to try to make the tackle, he expected to have Pollard on the outside for containment.
Unfortunately, Pollard was held.

Play 3 (13:02 in the 2nd)
Texans were in tampa 2 (4 underneath zones, MIKE dropping back with the safeties to form a 3-deep zone).
KJ stayed in his zone to cover the back out of the backfield #44 Bradshaw.
Pollard left his deep zone and was torched for the TD.

Play 4 (1:58 in the second)
It was a 3-way between KJ, Quin, and Nolan on two receivers (from a 2-deep, 5-underneath zone).
Originally, Quin did well to funnel the slot to the outside.
But he failed to keep the receiver outside; his man made the break back toward the post.
This left Nolan in no-man land; still, he should have stayed back and not trying to get up too soon toward the slot receiver before the ball break.
The problem here was with both Quin and Nolan's play, not KJ.
(Also, Eli had too much time; 3 secs and no pressure).

Play 5 (10:02 in the fourth)
It was man coverage with single safety help.
An illegal maneuver by Steve Smith when you replay it in slow motion.
He put a hand on KJ's helmet to shove him away to get seperation.
That was clearly offensive pass inteference as I ever saw one.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #65
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'd say our second game against the colts, he didnt give up as many TDs but he gave up MANY big plays. Ok if K.J and G.Q arent the reason our secondary was so bad than i'm mistaken. But i'm pretty sure they are the reason.
I don't have time for this right now.
Will get back to it later!
Old 01-06-2011   #66
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My opinion is Kareem Jackson is not a starting CB, he is slow, unable to stick with his man, and gives up to many big plays. you can say its because he is a rookie, but if we go with him again next season we will be in the same boat we are in now. sitting at home come play-off time.
And my opinion is that if the pass rush was better than the hot fart it pretty much represented throughout the season you do better. If we can actually generate QB hits on a consistent basis and force some turnovers next year we will be in the playoffs.

:P
Old 01-06-2011   #67
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
And my opinion is that if the pass rush was better than the hot fart it pretty much represented throughout the season you do better. If we can actually generate QB hits on a consistent basis and force some turnovers next year we will be in the playoffs.

:P
i have seen us get eaten up by short/quick passes, where the d-line had no time to get to the QB, our secondary still put up no resistance.
Old 01-06-2011   #68
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i have seen us get eaten up by short/quick passes, where the d-line had no time to get to the QB, our secondary still put up no resistance.
Once again, it's hard to stop a quick slant under the best of circumstances, much less when your D-Coordinator has you playing with an 8-yd cushion (rather than jamming at the line).
Old 01-06-2011   #69
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You are switching from KJ to the whole secondary now!
Old 01-06-2011   #70
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You are switching from KJ to the whole secondary now!
76Texan, this guy is a troll man just let it go.. no point in trying to educate he's just trolling..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #71
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
76Texan, this guy is a troll man just let it go.. no point in trying to educate he's just trolling..
just trolling really, i came from houstontexans.com me stating an opinion is trolling. wow
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #72
Mixgosu
Rookie

Rep Power: 37 Mixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respected

did you really need to start another thread on KJ?
Mixgosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #73
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
100% with this.

KJ was not the greatest, of this we will all agree, but he didn't get the support that he was expecting. Very little pass rush and I can't think of the last time I saw him get Safety help over the top.
I think just about every CB in the NFL would look bad the way our D was playing (probably with the exception of Revis & Asu) and the kid was a Rookie.
I'm all for giving him a chance for another season with better coaching and I'm betting he'll be a different CB next year.
Thank you.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #74
MacMoose
Rookie

Quote:
u want me to research what exactly. i didnt show any stats, no theories, i pointed out the obvious from the season, he couldnt play man, or zone, and was always getting burnt. there is plenty of facts to support that he was easily the worst CB in the NFL if thats what u want.
I would like to see these stats that prove Kareem is the worst CB in the NFL. Show me.
MacMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #75
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMoose View Post
I would like to see these stats that prove Kareem is the worst CB in the NFL. Show me.
Actually, I believe one source (F.O. maybe?) had DeAngelo Hall with that honor...
Old 01-06-2011   #76
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMoose View Post
u show me some stats that he wasnt. i have already seen the stat where he gave up more yards, its in my thread our the other one.
Old 01-06-2011   #77
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Actually, I believe one source (F.O. maybe?) had DeAngelo Hall with that honor...
yeah and Jackson was 2nd,,,thats the link i have been looking for
Old 01-06-2011   #78
MacMoose
Rookie

Quote:
yeah and Jackson was 2nd,,,thats the link i have been looking for
Show me. I have known Kareem for a long time, show me.
MacMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #79
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I can't take anyone seriously who writes like a 12 year old girl.

+41 million to the 10th power!

rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #80
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
just trolling really, i came from houstontexans.com me stating an opinion is trolling. wow
Many of us here have been around since the days when this "was" the official board - The forum conversation at HT.com pretty much sucks .... I kinda liken it to Clutchfans .... dont visit either as its like a bunch of kids and hacks bickering back and forth half of which cant spell or write a complete sentence.

Anyhow welcome to TT ....

Just a few words of advice -

When you present an opinion , dont state is as fact or you'll find it rough going.

When you state a fact , back it up with something - stats and links.

If you post quotes , add a link to them.

You probably could have just added this conversation to one of the existing threads on the person in question ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read