Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2011   #41
OrdinaryAvgGuy
Rookie

Rep Power: 47 OrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respectedOrdinaryAvgGuy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is everyone making excuses for K.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
I can't take anyone seriously who writes like a 12 year old girl.
wha did you say da 4. sittin over their & juging my writing.
4get al of this stuff. KJ iz a wookie.

Oh wait. Chewbacca is a wookie. Kareem Jackson was a rookie. And I am literate.

Seriously, though. You are correct. Some of these posts are hardly in the English language, and it is sad.
OrdinaryAvgGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdinaryAvgGuy View Post
wha did you say da 4. sittin over their & juging my writing.
4get al of this stuff. KJ iz a wookie.

Oh wait. Chewbacca is a wookie. Kareem Jackson was a rookie. And I am literate.

Seriously, though. You are correct. Some of these posts are hardly in the English language, and it is sad.
And the advent of TEXTING has made it worse.

My dyslexic friend, when he texts me, uses "r" for "are," and "u" for "You," and a whole host of other shorthand combinations. He's a trip, though, and a friend for life.

I don't mind translating his texting, since he's a friend. It does get hard to do that on here, though, but those are generally posts that I just skip altogether if it's too hard to translate.
Old 01-06-2011   #43
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
u want me to research what exactly. i didnt show any stats, no theories, i pointed out the obvious from the season, he couldnt play man, or zone, and was always getting burnt. there is plenty of facts to support that he was easily the worst CB in the NFL if thats what u want.

i posted this on page 1 to u 2slik4u. figured u didnt see it so here u go, i want to know what i need to research
Alright Ellis. Seeing as how you do not know HOW to research comparative stats, I did the work for you.

Do not take this as the "be all, end all" stats but I pretty much tried to find the most successful CB's in the league and am going to show their rookie year stats in passes defended, picks, and tackles. This is also a grouping of defensive backs althought I tried to stay with CB's as much as possible.

2 picks, 12 passes defended, 58 tackles - Kareem Jackson

(2009 seemed to soon to deem a long term successful DB so I went straight to 2008)
2 picks, 15 passes defended, 62 tackles - Brandon Flowers
4 picks, 13 passes defended, 17 tackles - Aqib Talib
2 picks, 7 passes defended, 26 tackles - Leodis Mckelvin
1 pick, 5 passes defended, 19 tackles - Mike Jenkins

3 picks, 20 passes defended, 74 tackles - Darelle Revis
3 picks, 10 passes defended, 41 tackles - Michael Griffin

1 pick, 5 passes defended, 66 tackles - Antoine Bethea
3 picks, 14 passes defended, 69 tackles - Richard Marshall
2 picks, 10 passes defended, 36 tackles - Cedric Griffin

2 picks, 4 passes defended, 42 tackles - Carlos Rodgers
2 picks, 16 passes defended, 64 tackles - Dominique Foxworth

6 picks, 19 passes defended, 73 tackles - Dunta Robinson
6 picks, 14 passes defended, 68 tackles - Chris Gamble
5 picks, 9 passes defended, 28 tackles - Nathan Vasher

2 picks, 7 passes defended, 30 tackles - Asante Samuel

0 picks, 0 passes defended, 20 tackles - Nnamdi Asumogha
second year - 0 picks, 3 passes defended, 37 tackles
third year - 0 picks, 14 passes defended
fourth year - 8 picks, 11 passes defended, and is now the considered the best CB in the game.

As you can see, KJ's stats are clearly on par with most of the current successful starting DB's in the game today.

Look at Nnamdi first three years!!! Good thing they didnt label him a bust and cut him huh?

I hope this opens your eyes a little bit when comparing KJ's stats with other rookie CB's stats. I would love to know how many of those CB's listed above was labeled the #1 CB the moment they stepped on the field too.

Last edited by 2slik4u; 01-06-2011 at 12:49 PM.
2slik4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
u want me to research what exactly. i didnt show any stats, no theories, i pointed out the obvious from the season, he couldnt play man, or zone, and was always getting burnt. there is plenty of facts to support that he was easily the worst CB in the NFL if thats what u want.

i posted this on page 1 to u 2slik4u. figured u didnt see it so here u go, i want to know what i need to research
Dont open your trap if you cant back it up with more than opinion. Give facts and links to back up that opinion.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not KJ's fault Rick Smith chose the wrong guy .... again.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #46
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Alright Ellis. Seeing as how you do not know HOW to research comparative stats, I did the work for you.

Do not take this as the "be all, end all" stats but I pretty much tried to find the most successful CB's in the league and am going to show their rookie year stats in passes defended, picks, and tackles. This is also a grouping of defensive backs althought I tried to stay with CB's as much as possible.

As you can see, KJ's stats are clearly on par with most of the current successful starting DB's in the game today.

Look at Nnamdi first three years!!! Good thing they didnt label him a bust and cut him huh?

I hope this opens your eyes a little bit when comparing KJ's stats with other rookie CB's stats. I would love to know how many of those CB's listed above was labeled the #1 CB the moment they stepped on the field too.
Rep for digging deeper into it than most including myself have.

I'm curious as to how these stats compare to the reality / context.

How much playing time did these players recieve in comparison - were they starters getting the majority of snaps , nickle or dime package guy's ?

Much like the Texans offensive stats that lead to McNair's retaining Kubiak - Its easy to take statistics out of context.

Old 01-06-2011   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Some numbers to consider when looking at why the Pats allowed a bunch of yards but not many scores:

Their safeties totalled 23 Pass Breakups and 11 Ints.
Ours: 13 and 3.

That's a huge difference!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2011   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Only question I have is how many times did Nnamdi get flat out roasted or embarrassed??

I know that it hasn't always been on KJ, but there is more to the story than stats...especially for a corner....

KJax has looked really bad at times this year...We've all seen it...We are all witnesses....

I can't really blame someone that wonders if he will get it together...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #49
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Only question I have is how many times did Nnamdi get flat out roasted or embarrassed??

I know that it hasn't always been on KJ, but there is more to the story than stats...especially for a corner....

KJax has looked really bad at times this year...We've all seen it...We are all witnesses....

I can't really blame someone that wonders if he will get it together...
I really wonder if his inability to stay on his feet has anything to do with the "shuffle technique" that the previous defensive staff had them employ.

When you have been doing things one way with success (got him to the NFL combine) and are then asked to change and suddenly nothing seems to work ....

Old 01-06-2011   #50
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I really wonder if his inability to stay on his feet has anything to do with the "shuffle technique" that the previous defensive staff had them employ.

When you have been doing things one way with success (got him to the NFL combine) and are then asked to change and suddenly nothing seems to work ....
I have no doubt in my mind that a lot of these players are better than this coaching staff has made them look. No doubt at all.

I am just worried about Wade bringing in his D-backs coach from Dallas because those guys over there haven't exactly been developing too well either..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #51
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

2 picks, 12 passes defended, 58 tackles - Kareem Jackson

(2009 seemed to soon to deem a long term successful DB so I went straight to 2008)
2 picks, 15 passes defended, 62 tackles - Brandon Flowers
4 picks, 13 passes defended, 17 tackles - Aqib Talib
2 picks, 7 passes defended, 26 tackles - Leodis Mckelvin
1 pick, 5 passes defended, 19 tackles - Mike Jenkins

3 picks, 20 passes defended, 74 tackles - Darelle Revis
3 picks, 10 passes defended, 41 tackles - Michael Griffin

1 pick, 5 passes defended, 66 tackles - Antoine Bethea
3 picks, 14 passes defended, 69 tackles - Richard Marshall
2 picks, 10 passes defended, 36 tackles - Cedric Griffin

2 picks, 4 passes defended, 42 tackles - Carlos Rodgers
2 picks, 16 passes defended, 64 tackles - Dominique Foxworth

6 picks, 19 passes defended, 73 tackles - Dunta Robinson
6 picks, 14 passes defended, 68 tackles - Chris Gamble
5 picks, 9 passes defended, 28 tackles - Nathan Vasher

2 picks, 7 passes defended, 30 tackles - Asante Samuel

0 picks, 0 passes defended, 20 tackles - Nnamdi Asumogha
second year - 0 picks, 3 passes defended, 37 tackles
third year - 0 picks, 14 passes defended
fourth year - 8 picks, 11 passes defended, and is now the considered the best CB in the game.

thats all fine and dandy, you can pick off 2 passes, and defend 12 passes, yeah for him, but where is your stat for TDs allowed. You can have a qb throw a 100 TDs but if he throws 120 INTs i dont think it will help his cause much. We all know that stats mean nothing.
Old 01-06-2011   #52
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

"It was tough," Jackson said after the Texans allowed Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers to complete 17 of 23 passes for 295 yards and four touchdowns with an interception. "In my opinion, I think it was the big plays that determine the game, in which I gave up three alone two for a touchdown. Anytime that happens, you don't give your team a chance to win. That's on me.

thats a quote from jackson, but hey he did pick off 2 passes so all the TDs he gave up are forgiven i suppose.
Old 01-06-2011   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"It was tough," Jackson said after the Texans allowed Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers to complete 17 of 23 passes for 295 yards and four touchdowns with an interception. "In my opinion, I think it was the big plays that determine the game, in which I gave up three alone two for a touchdown. Anytime that happens, you don't give your team a chance to win. That's on me.

thats a quote from jackson, but hey he did pick off 2 passes so all the TDs he gave up are forgiven i suppose.
That's from a player who doesn't want to throw anybody on the bus, including his coaches.

I don't have time to go back and find the analyses on these plays.
You can search for my posts.
Old 01-06-2011   #54
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're right. Let's cut his ass.
Old 01-06-2011   #55
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That's from a player who doesn't want to throw anybody on the bus, including his coaches.

I don't have time to go back and find the analyses on these plays.
You can search for my posts.
my point is in one game he gave up 2 TDs, that wasnt even one of his worst games. i'm trying to find a stat on how many TDs he allowed but i cant find it.

My opinion is Kareem Jackson is not a starting CB, he is slow, unable to stick with his man, and gives up to many big plays. you can say its because he is a rookie, but if we go with him again next season we will be in the same boat we are in now. sitting at home come play-off time.
Old 01-06-2011   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

I just look around and found that in the SEC most of the stadium have natural grass.

Only Vaught–Hemingway Stadium (Ole Miss) has synthetic grass and Williams-Brice Stadium (Gamecocks) has astroturf.

(I hope I didn't miss any of them).
I intend to go back (probably much later, but hopefully before the draft) and look at those plays where he slipped and compare them with what could happen as compared with other players. (As well as if it's technique-related).
I will also go back and look at his college tapes and try to find my notes when I analyzed his games.
Old 01-06-2011   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
my point is in one game he gave up 2 TDs, that wasnt even one of his worst games. i'm trying to find a stat on how many TDs he allowed but i cant find it.

My opinion is Kareem Jackson is not a starting CB, he is slow, unable to stick with his man, and gives up to many big plays. you can say its because he is a rookie, but if we go with him again next season we will be in the same boat we are in now. sitting at home come play-off time.
My point is that some of the TDs you think he gave up was due to zone coverage and not his giving up too many big plays.

Did he give up some? Sure!
So did Quin, Allen, McCain as well as most CBs on the various teams that we faced!

BTW, which game do you think was his worst?
Old 01-06-2011   #58
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My point is that some of the TDs you think he gave up was due to zone coverage and not his giving up too many big plays.

So did Quin, Allen, McCain as well as most CBs on the various teams that we faced!

Not a fan of anyone in our secondary, but I agree. Plus, our safety's failed to give help over the top when they were supposed to as well. Our safety's have been historically bad, but this season was absolutely pathetic.
Old 01-06-2011   #59
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:

i'd say our second game against the colts, he didnt give up as many TDs but he gave up MANY big plays. Ok if K.J and G.Q arent the reason our secondary was so bad than i'm mistaken. But i'm pretty sure they are the reason.
Old 01-06-2011   #60
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFV01kPwnY4 heres our best cb, haha we are terrible in the secondary. #25 most of all

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read