Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2011   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2008 draft a look back

sINCE ITS LIKE 2011 i think its been long enough to judge the 2008 Draft class so what do yall think BUST or not ????

rd1 Duane Brown Offensive tackle
rd3 Antwaun Molden Cornerback
rd3 Steve Slaton Running back
rd4 Xavier Adibi Linebacker
rd5 Frank Okam Defensive tackle
rd6 Dominique Barber Safety
rd7 Alex Brink

rd1 Duane Brown Offensive tackle-Solid pick i guess sine hes the best tackle we have by defult

rd3 Antwaun Molden Cornerback-Cant stay on the field and even when hes on he gets Burnt BUST

rd3 Steve Slaton Running back -Im i the only one who thinks he will beat out Ward for his job or should if not man dis guy should strive to be better then this shit

rd4 Xavier Adibi Linebacker -Decent pick hes made some plays this year

rd5 Frank Okam Defensive tackle -Not on the team anymore BUST

rd6 Dominique Barber Safety-can someone tell me did he see the field this year and was he the reason for our D problems i dont think the coaches never gave him a chance

rd7 Alex Brink -i know rd7 picks can be wasted but to waste it on a QB WHAT never pick a QB in rd7 at least get a Lineman or Dline something not this :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #2
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2008 draft a look back

1. T Duane Brown - Meh. You can get by with him. Not as high on him as others are or might be which is ok. I'd say Winston is better of the two tackles, though Winston didnt have his best year.
3. CB Antwaun Molden - Never can stay healthy. STer at best
3. RB Steve Slaton - 1 good year. Future is in doubt imo(with this team)
4. LB Xavier Adibi - See: Molden, Antwaun. Never can stay healthy
5. DT Frank Okam - No longer on the team
6. S Dominique Barber - Nothing to suggest he's more than a backup or STer.
7. QB Alex Brink - No longer on the team

Mediocre to below average draft imho.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree the way u put it all we got was two Bad ST players ( our ST was the worst ever this year)

and a Tackle

prob the worst draft ever for the kubes era even even 09 and 10 was better then this so far
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a severe lack of tight ends in this draft. F-
Old 01-06-2011   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

2007 and 2008 drafts are looking bad, very bad.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
sINCE ITS LIKE 2011 i think its been long enough to judge the 2008 Draft class so what do yall think BUST or not ????

rd7 Alex Brink

rd1 Duane Brown Offensive tackle-Solid pick i guess sine hes the best tackle we have by defultrd3 Antwaun Molden Cornerback-Cant stay on the field and even when hes on he gets Burnt BUST

rd3 Steve Slaton Running back -Im i the only one who thinks he will beat out Ward for his job or should if not man dis guy should strive to be better then this shit

rd6 Dominique Barber Safety-can someone tell me did he see the field this year and was he the reason for our D problems i dont think the coaches never gave him a chance

rd7 Alex Brink -i know rd7 picks can be wasted but to waste it on a QB WHAT never pick a QB in rd7 at least get a Lineman or Dline something not this :P
We had the #1 passing attack last year and the #1 rushing attack this year. How is he anything less than an "A" seeing as how he is the most important position on the o-line?

This "default" crap is a little low.
Old 01-06-2011   #7
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Brown has worked out pretty damn well for us. Him and Winston should anchor the line for a long time. He has struggled against some elite edge rushers but who hasn't?

Slaton looked great before he got injured.

Barber has been pretty good considering where he was drafted but still a backup at best.

Also you have to factor in that we traded our 2nd round pick to get Schaub and IMO he has definitely been worth the picks.

The rest of these guys have had pretty much zero impact on the team other than taking up a roster spot.
Old 01-06-2011   #8
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 20429 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
2007 and 2008 drafts are looking bad, very bad.
Definitely not spectacular, but remember you should really include Schaub in there as he was traded for our 2 second round picks those years.

Starting LT
Starting QB
Starting DT
WR3
RB3
Rotation LB
Rotation G

Ignore the names, and that's a reasonable haul from two draft classes.

That said, give me the 2006 class any day- four quality starters and a decent backup WR. Man we were spoiled. Bring back Casserly. Cough.
markn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #9
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

2010 draft is looking god awful as well.

Only the 2009 Draft was decent in our last 4. Grats, Smithiak. 1/4, 25%, what a success!
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown doesn't get enough credit on this board.

But yes, the rest of the draft sucked. Schaub softens the blow though.

I don't know what the hell they were thinking with the Alex Brink pick.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

rd7 Alex Brink

rd1 Duane Brown Offensive tackle-Solid pick i guess sine hes the best tackle we have by defult

rd3 Antwaun Molden Cornerback-Cant stay on the field and even when hes on he gets Burnt BUST

Ward had a hell of a year considering the limited carries he got. Dude averaged 6.3 ypc with 4 TD's. I'll take that from my second RB. Slaton will be lucky to make the roster next season.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #12
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 301 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking back, it looks like we got one good player and a bunch of ST'ers. Sometimes its the moves you don't make though,and imagine if we would have stayed at 18 and picked Mendenhall. No Foster or Slaton.

Duane Brown is a solid LT IMO and a good pick up. Theres some players that went around our pick that would have been better pick ups though. (Aqib Talib, Chris Johnson, and Mike Jenkins)

Other players that went in the 2nd round that are better than any other player we drafted (except Brown): Brandon Flowers, Tracy Porter, Matt Forte, Desean Jackson, and Ray Rice, With Jamal Charles going in the 3rd.

We need a Rick Smith Facepalm, or him looking through his binoculars.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

,,,nvm
Old 01-06-2011   #14
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brown has been a big plus in the running game, but boy does the rest of the draft look bad now.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read