Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2011   #121
cjaze1
Rookie

Default Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!

Don't have his times yet, but Bills, Steelers, Broncos are showing strong interest. Jets as well. Will post some pics I found later. I'm behind a fire wall right now.
cjaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #122
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!

Scouts, Inc. has him as the 101st rated DT.
Old 02-03-2011   #123
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Scouts, Inc. has him as the 101st rated DT.
Meh, he is better than that. Certainly not draft worthy, but worth a look from 3-4 teams after the draft. Big guy, better athleticism than expected.

Scouts probably lost track a bit after he played OL this past season.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #124
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Meh, he is better than that. Certainly not draft worthy, but worth a look from 3-4 teams after the draft. Big guy, better athleticism than expected.

Scouts probably lost track a bit after he played OL this past season.
Probably. I want to see what the others have to say about him.
Old 02-03-2011   #125
cjaze1
Rookie

Ok-This is what I found out on Jasper:
40 reps at 225
5.3 40 yrd time
1.73 in 10 yd
9ft broad jump
31 inch vertical
4.81 Shuttle
8.2 L-Drill
Old 02-03-2011   #126
cjaze1
Rookie

Old 02-03-2011   #127
cjaze1
Rookie

Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2011   #128
cjaze1
Rookie

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...v=516019451755
Try this link for video of Michael Jasper training. He's the big guy with the t shirt with number 92
Old 02-03-2011   #129
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaze1 View Post
Ok-This is what I found out on Jasper:
40 reps at 225
5.3 40 yrd time
1.73 in 10 yd
9ft broad jump
31 inch vertical
4.81 Shuttle
8.2 L-Drill
Thanks. Matches my notes from a year ago, faster than I anticipated. I wont change him on my board until I see official pro day numbers, but this looks promising.

Compare his numbers to the DTs last year:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/combine/dt.html

Notables:

Mt. Cody
5.64 40
20.5 vert
7'6" broad

Suh
4.98 40
35.5 vert
32 reps
Old 02-04-2011   #130
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaze1 View Post
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/vid...v=516019451755
Try this link for video of Michael Jasper training. He's the big guy with the t shirt with number 92

Big and scarey enough to at least put out in a field to run off the crows.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #131
cjaze1
Rookie

New posted info on Michael Jasper

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWFh3Lp5u8

www.lesliemikejaspernfl.com

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/search/...ichael-jasper/
Old 03-31-2011   #132
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What about this Tyron White guy from UNC Central? Dude's like 303 lbs and ran a 4.92 40.

Last edited by El Tejano; 04-01-2011 at 07:49 AM.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #133
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75195 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, you're on a mission aren't you

I reckon we could find you on 31 other boards providing the same info, no?
Old 03-31-2011   #134
rmartin65
I'm Score

One of your sites says he had his pro day over a week ago, yet I cant find any numbers? Do you have them by any chance? I like the guy's size, but some small school DTs are looking very good in the draft season, and Jasper is sliding down my board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
What about this Tyron Smith guy from UNC Central? Dude's like 303 lbs and ran a 4.92 40.
Solid player. Athletic as hell, but I dont see him as a nose, more of a traditional 4-3 DT. And probably could be had as a UDFA.
Old 03-31-2011   #135
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
One of your sites says he had his pro day over a week ago, yet I cant find any numbers? Do you have them by any chance? I like the guy's size, but some small school DTs are looking very good in the draft season, and Jasper is sliding down my board.

Solid player. Athletic as hell, but I dont see him as a nose, more of a traditional 4-3 DT. And probably could be had as a UDFA.
One additional stat:

Quote:
Some outrageous pro day results so far..
3/18/2011 3:04 pm

Baldwin Wallace DE/OLB Keith Darbut ran a sub 4.4; 37" vertical and 26 reps at 6-4/229. Report says he's up to 240 now.

Blake Sumner, NT, Colorado Mines did has been reported doing 49, 50 and 52 reps at 6-2/330. Teammate Marc Scheichl?, 6-3/250 DE/OLB ran a 4.65 and put up 38 reps plus a 10'8" broad jump and a 35" vertical.

Grand Valley State T/G Cameron Bradfield clocked a 4.8 40 and did 30 reps at 6-4/300.

Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas ran a 4.3 at 6-1/224.

Bethel Tenn. lineman Mike Jasper had a 33" vertical at 6-5/395. He reminds me of the guy who was doing back flips a few years ago but more polished.
Old 03-31-2011   #136
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear to CHRIST Almighty, that *EDIT NEVERMIND*
Old 04-01-2011   #137
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What about this Tyron White guy from UNC Central? Dude's like 303 lbs and ran a 4.92 40.
I originally posted this dudes name as Tyron Smith. It' Tyron White. I edited it. Just keeping proper names on here to avoid the confusion.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011   #138
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
I originally posted this dudes name as Tyron Smith. It' Tyron White. I edited it. Just keeping proper names on here to avoid the confusion.
Yeah, I realized it from the college. Good thinking though.
Old 04-15-2011   #139
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Here's a log splitter the Texans should give a look, at least for the 2nd round pick...........a Curly Culp type...........combine record of 49 reps of 225 pounds!!!!!

Stephen Paea, Oregon NT..............read his profile............seems like Wade could definitely live with someone like him in the middle. If not, we may soon be facing him in a Colts uni.
Old 04-16-2011   #140
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Here's a log splitter the Texans should give a look, at least for the 2nd round pick...........a Curly Culp type...........combine record of 49 reps of 225 pounds!!!!!

Stephen Paea, Oregon NT..............read his profile............seems like Wade could definitely live with someone like him in the middle. If not, we may soon be facing him in a Colts uni.
Paea is really popular on this board. In our mock, we had him going in the first round and iirc, on the Texan's Talk Big Board he was in the top 32. But he's got a history of injury that scares a lot of people and a lot of other places have him as a solid 2nd round pick.

A lot of mocks have him gone by our second round pick. It's going to be interesting to see where he falls.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read