Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-24-2011   #101
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!

Can we keep this thread going? If Rick ever googles "Texans offseason needs" I want this thread to pop up.

Because we NEED a big boy in the middle!!!! One of those guys that you have to check his hotel room the night before that game to confiscate the fried chicken and candy bars. Also, we need the big boy that comes into training camp overweight, but he still dominates. We NEED that guy!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #102
cjaze1
Rookie

Default Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!

There was some conversation on here about a big two-gapper out of Bethel University-Leslie Jasper. Rumor has it he is training hard in Jackson TN and that a lot of scouts/teams are excited about this "blue light special" (aka small school sleeper)! Sources say he is a "phenom" and a "freak of nature" huge, fast, strong, athletic, and quick at 399! Look for some training video on utube in the next few weeks. Heard he worked out for CFL over the holidays and totally dominated the D-1 players!
cjaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #103
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Can we keep this thread going? If Rick ever googles "Texans offseason needs" I want this thread to pop up.

Because we NEED a big boy in the middle!!!! One of those guys that you have to check his hotel room the night before that game to confiscate the fried chicken and candy bars. Also, we need the big boy that comes into training camp overweight, but he still dominates. We NEED that guy!
Albert Haynesworth?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #104
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaze1 View Post
There was some conversation on here about a big two-gapper out of Bethel University-Leslie Jasper. Rumor has it he is training hard in Jackson TN and that a lot of scouts/teams are excited about this "blue light special" (aka small school sleeper)! Sources say he is a "phenom" and a "freak of nature" huge, fast, strong, athletic, and quick at 399! Look for some training video on utube in the next few weeks. Heard he worked out for CFL over the holidays and totally dominated the D-1 players!
Michael Jasper from Bethel (TN) has been on my radar since last year. Big guy (6'5" 390 - 400 lbs). I dont know a lot about him, which is odd because I try my best to get info on small school players. I watched about a game and a half of his junior season at DL, but was not able to watch any of this past season at OL (according to the roster). Right now I have him as my number 5 small school DT after Kenrick Ellis (3-4), Cedric Thornton (4-3), Martin Parker (4-3), and Frank Kearse (4-3/3-4). If you have any information that I could use, I would greatly appreciate it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #105
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't find diddly on this Leslie Jasper guy. What I did find mentioned him coming out last year.
Old 01-26-2011   #106
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I can't find diddly on this Leslie Jasper guy. What I did find mentioned him coming out last year.
He was on the Bethle (TN) roster for the '10/'11 season, but again, I was unable to find any video on him for the season, and did not have much on him from his Junior year.

http://www.bethelathletics.com/roster/8/12.php Link to the roster (he is number 68).

Supposedly working out at a speed camp, but the URL says its from 09. I am very confused. this a picture that comes up for him

Looks like a lot of muscle, but I am not buying the 400 lb.

And since we are talking about him, might as well give you guys my notes...

HUGE! very strong... better acceleration than I expect out of a guy that size... limited lateral agility. Good hand technique... Want to see him against D1 caliber players. Projected draft- Priority Free Agent. Chance to get drafted with strong draft season showing.
Old 01-26-2011   #107
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He was on the Bethle (TN) roster for the '10/'11 season, but again, I was unable to find any video on him for the season, and did not have much on him from his Junior year.

http://www.bethelathletics.com/roster/8/12.php Link to the roster (he is number 68).

Supposedly working out at a speed camp, but the URL says its from 09. I am very confused. this a picture that comes up for him

HUGE! very strong... better acceleration than I expect out of a guy that size... limited lateral agility. Good hand technique... Want to see him against D1 caliber players. Projected draft- Priority Free Agent. Chance to get drafted with strong draft season showing.
They guy he mentioned was Leslie Jasper, a DT. Michael Jasper's a G.

These links mention him, but for the 2010 draft.

http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...review-defense

http://www.collegefanz.com/blogs/nai...highlight-list

http://www.draftdaddy.com/ranks/smallschool_DL.htm

I think the first time poster is trying to pimp out his boy. Or he is Jasper.
Old 01-26-2011   #108
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
They guy he mentioned was Leslie Jasper, a DT. Michael Jasper's a G.

These links mention him, but for the 2010 draft.

http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...review-defense

http://www.collegefanz.com/blogs/nai...highlight-list

http://www.draftdaddy.com/ranks/smallschool_DL.htm

I think the first time poster is trying to pimp out his boy. Or he is Jasper.
I think they are the same player though. Both 6'5". around 400 lbs. Both at Bethel. And the roster has Michael Jasper as an OL (as does nfldraftscout) for 10/11, but DL for 09/10. If it is the player I am thinking of, he should be a NT in the pros. If not, my bad guys.

EDIT: I think you are right on the guy knowing Jasper. Hopefully he is not like newtexan.
Old 01-26-2011   #109
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Strange... I did a search and this is the first mention of Leslie Jasper anywhere on this board.
Old 01-26-2011   #110
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199937 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post

Small corrections. The school is actually Bethel University and he is #99 at the time the photo was shot..
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #111
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Small corrections. The school is actually Bethel University and he is #99 at the time the photo was shot..
Thanks, just a typo on my part.

And yep, if the photo was in 09 then he would be #99.
Old 01-31-2011   #112
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yeah, and at San Diego, he had 348 lb. (cough, cough) Jamal Williams.

Both Ratliff and Williams are/were pro-bowlers, so it will be interesting to see what we end up with. It's kind of nice to know that there's not just one kind of guy who can fit Wade's defense at that position.
Williams missed of the season - Antonio Garay manned the spot for the chargers
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #113
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
Williams missed of the season - Antonio Garay manned the spot for the chargers
Williams started sixteen games for the Broncos in 2010, but I was actually referring to the time he was playing under Phillips as DC (Two of three years Pro Bowl, and two of three years first team All Pro).
Old 01-31-2011   #114
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Man have I missed a season somewhere..... just checked his stats http://www.nfl.com/players/jamalwill...e?id=WIL328754

Was 2009 when he played only 1 game.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #115
cjaze1
Rookie

What would yuou like to know? Check Solus Performance Training's FB page. Thye have Combine training video posted that has Mike Jasper working out. He's the BIG guy! Explosive!
Old 02-03-2011   #116
cjaze1
Rookie

AKA Michael Jasper
Old 02-03-2011   #117
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
What would yuou like to know? Check Solus Performance Training's FB page. Thye have Combine training video posted that has Mike Jasper working out. He's the BIG guy! Explosive!
Anything you have on the guy would be appreciated. Anything at all.
Old 02-03-2011   #118
cjaze1
Rookie

Leslie Michael Jasper-full name. Played DT one year at Bethel U. Then moved to Offense per request of some pro scouts who wanted to evaluate him there.
Old 02-03-2011   #119
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Leslie Michael Jasper-full name. Played DT one year at Bethel U. Then moved to Offense per request of some pro scouts who wanted to evaluate him there.
So that explains the switch of positions. What is the buzz surrounding his pro position? I personally have him down as a NT, but then again I am not a pro scout.

Do you have any numbers for me, such as 40 time, bench reps, shuttle? Any teams seem particularly interested in him?
Old 02-03-2011   #120
cjaze1
Rookie

No pimpin here This cat is the real deal!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read