Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Status
I'm mad as hell, and still not dealing with it well 12 19.05%
I'm skeptical, but accepting it and trying to adjust 19 30.16%
My venting is done, let's move on 26 41.27%
Other (post your thoughts in this thread) 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2011   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Soapers: Have you found a way to cope yet?

I am not as mad as I was. Still not happy, but every day we get farther away from the last game vs. Jags...is a day that the wound is a little less fresh for me.

I'm not saying that I am buying into what's happening with the Texans. I am still very skeptical. And will be.

I just want to know if your blood pressure has dropped any since last Sunday, and where you feel you stand right now as it pertains to your capability to accept what's happening and find ways to stick with the program.

What say you?
Old 01-05-2011   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Soapers: Have you found a way to cope yet?

Pretty much in apathy stage right now. I'm not mad anymore. I just think Bob and Kubiak are ****ups. I don't think a Phillips defense will bring us any playoff success or championship prospects. I'm sure a few days after they make the Phillips announcement I'll start spending much less time here and mostly forget about football for a couple months, till draft talk really starts.

So basically, very low expectations = not caring that much.
Old 01-05-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted Gary gone. But what can you do? I dont get upset about losses anymore. And I sure as hell am not going to get upset about something I cannot change. It doesnt bode well for my blood pressure.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #4
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35038 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm skeptical. I keep trying to find some optimism in all of this. I keep thinking that Wade will turn the defense around and with our offensive production, we'll be fine. But then I start thinking about how Kubiak gameplans, how the team always shows up unprepared, how the team (both offense and defense) only play one half of football, Kubiak's horrible clock management, how this team has been 5-7 after 12 games for four straight years now, etc., and then I get pissed off again. I don't even play with the Texans on Madden online anymore.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #5
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, no longer angry but not happy. Does that make me apathetic? I think that I care just not as much as I once did. Rather than blind exuberance; the team will have to prove they are capable of winning before I drink any more Kool Aid. Will always be a serious fan - just not as hardcore.

I am adjusting to the good ole' boy coaching staff and I so thought we might be beyond that rat heyere in 2011.

I like Wade and think he is a very good DC. I'm hopeful that this will be a good match and they will compliment each others' strengths rather than exacerbate their weaknesses.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #6
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted other.

I'm upset that our owner is a moron who doesn't know or care about operating a championship contending team and worries about hurting a coach's feelings instead of alienating thousands of fans. I still go to work and pay taxes though so it's not going to alter my day too much. I just don't care about the team as much as I would have had we actually hired a coach who deserves to coach and a defensive coordinator who isn't a lump. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if players fall asleep left and right in team meetings with those two running the show.
Old 01-05-2011   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still pissed. If Don Capers was fired after a loosing season why not Kubiak? I know there were records were different, but the way Kuabik's team has collapsed he should be out of a job right now.

The Texans made a half-ass effort in looking for a DC and probably didn't even try and court Cowher, Gruden, or anyone else.

This organization stands for one thing: half-assing everything on and off the field since 2002.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2011   #8
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 15483 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think many wanted him to stay but what can ya do? I am indifferent now because next season I will have no expectations.

And I am perfectly okay with that.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #9
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

By the way, the reason I voted "acceptance" instead of "skeptical" is I'm not skeptical at all. I flat out don't think Kubiak and Phillips are the answer and I don't think we will EVER have consistent success with this coaching arrangement. I'm not really in "wait and see" mode, because that implies at least the chance to be disappointed. I fully expect less-than-mediocrity.
Old 01-05-2011   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in "limbo" at the moment. I'm entirely serious about switching my allegence to the Steelers and dropping the Texans down to the #2 slot Pittsburgh previously occupied. It's not an "instant on" kind of thing though. Since I followed the Texans through the season I'm not really invested in the Steelers playoff run this year. I'm sure that by this time next season I'll enjoy their continuing success much more. Right now I still have a little Texans "stone in my shoe" as I watch them play out this years version of "Wait till next year".

I went with "My venting is done, lets move on" because well, "I have".
Old 01-05-2011   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

To be exact, my venting is NOT done, but it is time to move on. He's the head coach next year and we just have to deal with that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #12
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

It's time to move on, all the negativity is kiling the forum and fun we have had over the year.. We all know it's been a rough year, and eventually we all have vented our frustration... Let's get back to doing what we do best and kill the negativity.

silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Not over it because Bob McNair keeps coming on the radio or TV. He tries to insult my intelligence with incredibly stupid comments that he is trying to sell the public. He basically is the type of guy who needed to just stay behind closed doors and keep his mouth closed because he just sounds more inept the more he speaks. So angry.
Old 01-05-2011   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm over it. During the season, us soapers were heard but not listened to, and now me ranting and raving for another year won't do us any good until we are out of the race next year.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Voted "My venting is done. It's time to move on."

I got on board with the Phillips hire as soon as the rumor broke and it was clear we weren't going after Cowher.

I can even understand Bob's reasoning for making the decision. Cowher wants complete control and there's a pretty good chance that there would be some radical changes. I've argued against this point, but who really knows what he would really do if he got the job?

I'm also trying to eliminate as much stress from my life as possible, and getting worked up over the coaching situation wasn't helping.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #16
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
It's time to move on, all the negativity is kiling the forum and fun we have had over the year.. We all know it's been a rough year, and eventually we all have vented our frustration... Let's get back to doing what we do best and kill the negativity.

Hell yeah... I do feel like killin' something now that you mention it!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I moved on the evening after the presser.

If Wade's going to be the DC, I'm looking forward to keeping up with what he does throughout the off-season with asst coaches and player personel. As long as these millionares can settle on a new CBA, that is.
Old 01-05-2011   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

My venting is done and I've moved on. I have no expectations that this team will ever do anything led by Kubiak, and perhaps never do anything led by McNair. So whatever. I stopped spending money on them a couple years ago, after the Rosencopter game, and now I can't seem to drum up enough give-a-damn to even really ***** much anymore. It's all sort of matter-of-fact to me.

I'll still watch, I'll still cheer when they do something well, but I think my days of scheduling my life around Sunday football are at an end for a while. This will probably be the first off-season since 2000 that I won't be anxiously counting down the days. I'd rather go fishing.

Maybe that makes me an awful fan, but at least I can be taught. Even dumb animals will turn their head if you smack them on the nose enough.
Old 01-05-2011   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Pretty much in apathy stage right now. I'm not mad anymore. I just think Bob and Kubiak are ****ups. I don't think a Phillips defense will bring us any playoff success or championship prospects. I'm sure a few days after they make the Phillips announcement I'll start spending much less time here and mostly forget about football for a couple months, till draft talk really starts.

So basically, very low expectations = not caring that much.
This is me.

Phillips is the proverbial bandaid on the bullet hole. As I told my wife, until they replace the GM and fix the hierarchy of the organization, this team will never amount to anything. They might have one good season here and there, but they won’t have long term sustained success like the Steelers or Patriots.

The way McNair has handled this whole thing has really jaded me toward the team and I'll keep them in my back pocket until he dies/sells/passes the team to Cal.
Old 01-05-2011   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm in "limbo" at the moment. I'm entirely serious about switching my allegence to the Steelers and dropping the Texans down to the #2 slot Pittsburgh previously occupied. It's not an "instant on" kind of thing though. Since I followed the Texans through the season I'm not really invested in the Steelers playoff run this year. I'm sure that by this time next season I'll enjoy their continuing success much more. Right now I still have a little Texans "stone in my shoe" as I watch them play out this years version of "Wait till next year".

I went with "My venting is done, lets move on" because well, "I have".
All due respect Herv, you might very well "wish" you could 'switch allegences', but if it was that easy, I'd of done it a long time ago. I wanted to switch allegience from the Oilers to another team after that 35-3 obscenity, but I couldn't do it until they left town.

It may be a bad analogy, but it's almost like falling in love. When you're emotionally invested in something for any period of time . . .

. . . you can't turn it off with a switch.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read