Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2011   #1
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches
Default Cable's Future with the Raiders...

Cable's future with Raiders uncertain

Quote:
The Raiders won't lose in double digits this season, but coach Tom Cable is still waiting to see if owner Al Davis will bring him back. In the wings: offensive coordinator Hue Jackson.

Nothing is ever certain when it comes to Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis.

Case in point: Coach Tom Cable has received deserved kudos for his work in turning the Raiders from perennial double-digit losers to one game below .500 this season, but his future remains undecided.
Cable's Future with the Raiders
Old 01-02-2011   #2
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cable's Future with the Raiders...

Unless Al is planning on bringing back Gruden or possibly making a run at Cowher...no way in hell would I support this. The team seems to play hard under Cable, and I think he deserves another year for just that alone. Of course, with Al running the show I wouldn't be surprised if he made this move. I like Hue Jackson...but I'm uncertain about him as a HC. I've heard Jackson is gaining interest around the league...so maybe thats why Al is doing this...to make sure he holds onto Hue just in case he does turn out to be a great HC.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #3
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Word out there that Cable wont be retained
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #4
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Unless Al is planning on bringing back Gruden or possibly making a run at Cowher...no way in hell would I support this. The team seems to play hard under Cable, and I think he deserves another year for just that alone. Of course, with Al running the show I wouldn't be surprised if he made this move. I like Hue Jackson...but I'm uncertain about him as a HC. I've heard Jackson is gaining interest around the league...so maybe thats why Al is doing this...to make sure he holds onto Hue just in case he does turn out to be a great HC.
Even though I'm not a huge Raider fan, I fully agree with what you say. Cable's kind of a loose cannon, but that seems to be a decent fit for Oakland.
Old 01-02-2011   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

How could Davis not keep Cable after what the Raiders did to the Chiefs today in KC?
Old 01-02-2011   #6
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Cable unlikely to return
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Davis would be a fool to fire Cable. I give him 50-50 odds.
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2011   #8
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, Cable's overall record is not that great and going 3-4 after the bye week is not impressive BUT Cable has turned this team around and improved there defense. Also, for the first time since 2002, they have a winning record so on that note Cable should be retained.

Plus, the players respect Cable as a coach and seem to play harder and with a sense of purpose rather than just showing up for the game and half-assing everything.

Dumb move by Al Davis (unless he plans on making a coaching splash)
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad owner but still makes me face palm. Cable got alot out of this team this year. But shows that some teams expect more depsite the team moving forward. Seems Bob should look at Al...scary.
Old 01-02-2011   #10
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

6-0 in the AFC West, BTW. Going defeated in your division should count for something when you take over a struggling team.

Sent from my HTC EVO

"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell" - Harry S. Truman
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Yes, Cable's overall record is not that great and going 3-4 after the bye week is not impressive BUT Cable has turned this team around and improved there defense. Also, for the first time since 2002, they have a winning record so on that note Cable should be retained.

Plus, the players respect Cable as a coach and seem to play harder and with a sense of purpose rather than just showing up for the game and half-assing everything.

Dumb move by Al Davis (unless he plans on making a coaching splash)
Which big-name would consider working for Davis? Big names tend to have big egos. Either keep Cable or stay in mediocraty hell.
Old 01-02-2011   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Which big-name would consider working for Davis? Big names tend to have big egos. Either keep Cable or stay in mediocraty hell.
AKA Houston Texans
Old 01-02-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
AKA Houston Texans
Would you rather have Cables than Kubes? I wouldn't take Cables over Kubes. I just think he's done well with the lot he os given from Davis.
Would you rather have Davis as an owner? No thanks for me. I like McNair.
Old 01-02-2011   #14
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17595 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansdrummer View Post
6-0 in the AFC West, BTW. Going defeated in your division should count for something when you take over a struggling team.

Sent from my HTC EVO
Not to derail but this proves that even if you win in your division, you can be left out of the playoffs...but back to the Raiders, they have alot of talent on the team but they still are not serviceable at QB. McNabb would have been a better choice than Campbell IMO.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Would you rather have Cables than Kubes? I wouldn't take Cables over Kubes. I just think he's done well with the lot he os given from Davis.
Would you rather have Davis as an owner? No thanks for me. I like McNair.
I think Al Davis is a kook but Cable might be better than Kubiak. He just reached close to Gary's high mark. Nothing Gary has done has shown he is better than Cable. Nothing at all. The players there buy into Cable's system so far.

Back to the owners....as bad as Al Davis is I'm not sure whether I'd rather have a guy like him who is off the wall but says he is about winning or a guy like McNair who has shown nothing when it comes to a commitment to winning. It isn't like there is anything to put your hat on. First thoughts are easily McNair but then I'm chosing apathy.
Old 01-02-2011   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

after todays game and going 6-0 in div Cable is deff safe
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #17
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Al Davis remembers he is senile, fires Tom Cable

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...m-cable-loose/
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #18
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

And he's gone...

Quote:
The Oakland Raiders will not extend the contract of Tom Cable for the position of Head Coach.

Cable was informed that his contract would not be extended on Tuesday.
LINK
Old 01-04-2011   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Apparently Cable didn't run a 40 fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Apparently Cable didn't run a 40 fast enough.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read