Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sugar Bowl Arkansas v tOSU

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Go Buckeyes! OSU got the shaft on that safety call. No question forward porgress should have been given at the 3. You can't drive a guy back 5 yards into the endzone and get a safety. Absolutely ridiculous.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
FYI, Cameron Heyward OSU DE has looked disruptive all night. Would be an awesome pick if the Texans trade back. The Arkansas punter has been great at getting the ball down inside the 10 as well, but I'm not sure about his draft eligibility.

LonerATO

All Pro
FYI, Cameron Heyward OSU DE has looked disruptive all night. Would be an awesome pick if the Texans trade back. The Arkansas punter has been great at getting the ball down inside the 10 as well, but I'm not sure about his draft eligibility.
Heyward's stock just went back up after tonights game. He was projected as a 1st rd talent last year, but went back to school and it looked like a bad idea before tonights game.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
My $.02

1. The refs SUCKED. Non-calls all night AND the safety.

2. AK plays dirty - late hits, cheap shots, holds. Of coure, if the refs aren't making the calls, why stop?

3. That safety was a joke. (deserved being listed twice because if AK had scored at the end that safety was HUGE!)

4. AK had some really freakin' special special teams last night! Blocked punt and pinned us inside the 10 all night.

5. Watch out for Heyward wishes - he's like Mario, when he's on he's on, but he's not always on.

6. I'm so sick of losing or almost losing games because of Tressel ball.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
My $.02

2. AK plays dirty - late hits, cheap shots, holds. Of coure, if the refs aren't making the calls, why stop?

3. That safety was a joke. (deserved being listed twice because if AK had scored at the end that safety was HUGE!)

4. AK had some really freakin' special special teams last night! Blocked punt and pinned us inside the 10 all night.

5. Watch out for Heyward wishes - he's like Mario, when he's on he's on, but he's not always on.

I always pull for the Ohio State by association with you & your family. congratulations :clap:

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
Yeah he did, unfortunately for him, someone switched all of his WRs with Longhorns...
HAHAHA. Not only the WR's but the DB's were dropping easy INTs.
My $.02

Totally agree on these. Lot's of really bad calls.

I kind of understand the safety but still think they should have given him forward progress. Even though they didn't whistle the play dead at the time, you'd think the refs could huddle and then reverse the "on field" call. No?

As far as the dirty hits... one that stuck out to me was when Heyward (I think it was) had to limp off the field because one of ARK's o-linemen cheap shotted him diving at the knee. Uncalled for.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
I watched the highlights from the game on ESPN again, and that safety still has me wondering what the hell the refs were thinking. Interesting fact on the page though, here's the list of the most BCS bowl wins by school since the BCS was created:

Team Wins
Ohio State 6
Florida 5
USC *5
LSU 4
*Includes vacated 2005 Orange Bowl

I didn't realize that the Buckeyes had won 6 (as of yesterday), but whenever BCS bowl wins comes up in conversation OU and OSU seem to be the one's that people point to as BCS losers. Their BCS Bowl record is 6-3, but I'm guessing the stigma is from going 1-2 in National Championship games.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!
I watched the highlights from the game on ESPN again, and that safety still has me wondering what the hell the refs were thinking. Interesting fact on the page though, here's the list of the most BCS bowl wins by school since the BCS was created:

Team Wins
Ohio State 6
Florida 5
USC *5
LSU 4
*Includes vacated 2005 Orange Bowl

I didn't realize that the Buckeyes had won 6 (as of yesterday), but whenever BCS bowl wins comes up in conversation OU and OSU seem to be the one's that people point to as BCS losers. Their BCS Bowl record is 6-3, but I'm guessing the stigma is from going 1-2 in National Championship games.
Yeah, we lost two title games in a row then lost to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl (due to Tressel ball). So in the last 5 years we're 2-3 in BCS games.

Blake

MMQB
My $.02

Dont take this the wrong way, but with Childs, I think Arkansas would have won that game.

Dutchrudder

Hall of Fame
Yeah, we lost two title games in a row then lost to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl (due to Tressel ball). So in the last 5 years we're 2-3 in BCS games.
Yep, I'm just surprised a little. I didn't go to OSU, but I'm from Ohio originally, so I root for them whenever they aren't playing the Aggies (which is never) :D Are you a Buckeye alum?