Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2011   #1
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sugar Bowl Arkansas v tOSU

I hope the Razorbacks smoke the Buckeyes.
Old 01-04-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sugar Bowl Arkansas v tOSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I hope the Razorbacks smoke the Buckeyes.
Why?? **** a bunch of Arkansas! Pieces of shite, breaking up the SWC!

*that said, one of the very, very few times that I will root for OSU*
Old 01-04-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Buckeyes! OSU got the shaft on that safety call. No question forward porgress should have been given at the 3. You can't drive a guy back 5 yards into the endzone and get a safety. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 01-04-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, these refs suck hard. What a joke, even if Arkansas wins this game, at this point it will be BS.
Old 01-05-2011   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Little 11!!!

Really??!? You can't beat those Arkansas, SWC busters mofos, down????
Old 01-05-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

FYI, Cameron Heyward OSU DE has looked disruptive all night. Would be an awesome pick if the Texans trade back. The Arkansas punter has been great at getting the ball down inside the 10 as well, but I'm not sure about his draft eligibility.
Old 01-05-2011   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
FYI, Cameron Heyward OSU DE has looked disruptive all night. Would be an awesome pick if the Texans trade back. The Arkansas punter has been great at getting the ball down inside the 10 as well, but I'm not sure about his draft eligibility.
Heyward's stock just went back up after tonights game. He was projected as a 1st rd talent last year, but went back to school and it looked like a bad idea before tonights game.
Old 01-05-2011   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Heyward looked awesome.

There's no denying that Mallet made some GREAT nfl-quality throws last night.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Heyward looked awesome.

There's no denying that Mallet made some GREAT nfl-quality throws last night.
Yeah he did, unfortunately for him, someone switched all of his WRs with Longhorns...
Old 01-05-2011   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Sugar Bowl Arkansas v tOSU

My $.02

1. The refs SUCKED. Non-calls all night AND the safety.

2. AK plays dirty - late hits, cheap shots, holds. Of coure, if the refs aren't making the calls, why stop?

3. That safety was a joke. (deserved being listed twice because if AK had scored at the end that safety was HUGE!)

4. AK had some really freakin' special special teams last night! Blocked punt and pinned us inside the 10 all night.

5. Watch out for Heyward wishes - he's like Mario, when he's on he's on, but he's not always on.

6. I'm so sick of losing or almost losing games because of Tressel ball.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
My $.02

2. AK plays dirty - late hits, cheap shots, holds. Of coure, if the refs aren't making the calls, why stop?

3. That safety was a joke. (deserved being listed twice because if AK had scored at the end that safety was HUGE!)

4. AK had some really freakin' special special teams last night! Blocked punt and pinned us inside the 10 all night.

5. Watch out for Heyward wishes - he's like Mario, when he's on he's on, but he's not always on.

I always pull for the Ohio State by association with you & your family. congratulations

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah he did, unfortunately for him, someone switched all of his WRs with Longhorns...
HAHAHA. Not only the WR's but the DB's were dropping easy INTs.
Quote:
My $.02

Totally agree on these. Lot's of really bad calls.

I kind of understand the safety but still think they should have given him forward progress. Even though they didn't whistle the play dead at the time, you'd think the refs could huddle and then reverse the "on field" call. No?

As far as the dirty hits... one that stuck out to me was when Heyward (I think it was) had to limp off the field because one of ARK's o-linemen cheap shotted him diving at the knee. Uncalled for.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

I watched the highlights from the game on ESPN again, and that safety still has me wondering what the hell the refs were thinking. Interesting fact on the page though, here's the list of the most BCS bowl wins by school since the BCS was created:

Team Wins
Ohio State 6
Florida 5
USC *5
LSU 4
*Includes vacated 2005 Orange Bowl

I didn't realize that the Buckeyes had won 6 (as of yesterday), but whenever BCS bowl wins comes up in conversation OU and OSU seem to be the one's that people point to as BCS losers. Their BCS Bowl record is 6-3, but I'm guessing the stigma is from going 1-2 in National Championship games.
Old 01-06-2011   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched the highlights from the game on ESPN again, and that safety still has me wondering what the hell the refs were thinking. Interesting fact on the page though, here's the list of the most BCS bowl wins by school since the BCS was created:

Team Wins
Ohio State 6
Florida 5
USC *5
LSU 4
*Includes vacated 2005 Orange Bowl

I didn't realize that the Buckeyes had won 6 (as of yesterday), but whenever BCS bowl wins comes up in conversation OU and OSU seem to be the one's that people point to as BCS losers. Their BCS Bowl record is 6-3, but I'm guessing the stigma is from going 1-2 in National Championship games.
Yeah, we lost two title games in a row then lost to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl (due to Tressel ball). So in the last 5 years we're 2-3 in BCS games.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-06-2011   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My $.02

Dont take this the wrong way, but with Childs, I think Arkansas would have won that game.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Yeah, we lost two title games in a row then lost to Texas in the Fiesta Bowl (due to Tressel ball). So in the last 5 years we're 2-3 in BCS games.
Yep, I'm just surprised a little. I didn't go to OSU, but I'm from Ohio originally, so I root for them whenever they aren't playing the Aggies (which is never) Are you a Buckeye alum?
Old 01-07-2011   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Dont take this the wrong way, but with Childs, I think Arkansas would have won that game.
I'm not sure how we DID win. AK's dropped passes and players hitting each other apparently had more of an impact than Tresselball.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 01-07-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Yep, I'm just surprised a little. I didn't go to OSU, but I'm from Ohio originally, so I root for them whenever they aren't playing the Aggies (which is never) Are you a Buckeye alum?
Yup. President of the alumni club in Houston, we have our watch parties at SRO. Depending on the game 40-200 fans each week.

www.houstonbuckeyes.com
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read