Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2011   #1
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Leinart likely on the move

Quote:
I want to be a starter in the league, and I feel like I’ve paid my dues,” Leinart told the Houston Chronicle. “I sat for three and a half years now and played behind a Hall of Fame quarterback [Kurt Warner] which a lot of people don’t remember. Obviously, coming here is not the way I planned, but I think Matt Schaub is a great quarterback.”

Leinart said he learned a lot in Houston, but sounds ready to move on.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-a-starter/

Shame, I was hoping the Texans would be able to keep him as a backup and continue to groom him. Regardless I will be rooting for him. Best of luck Matt.
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #2
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Leinart likely on the move

Yo Matt, paying your dues means more than just sitting and waiting.

It takes work.

Just because you were taken 10th overall, that doesn't mean you're entitled to anything.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Leinart: Couldn't beat out Dan Orlovsky or Derek Anderson.

Yeah good job on the career arc there guy.
Old 01-04-2011   #4
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

We hardly knew you or saw you. Best of luck elsewhere though you might be disappointed.

I would've liked to ask him what he planned on when he came here.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, Matt Leinart.

What a worthless guy. Have fun elsewhere, ya cocky son of a *****.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #6
Mixgosu
Rookie

Rep Power: 37 Mixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respectedMixgosu is a quality contributor and well respected

You all need to stop bashing Leinart.

He didnt even get a chance to play here.

Kubiak was too busy trying to win the final game in order for us to move our pick from 6th to 11th in the draft.....
Mixgosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #7
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Yo Matt, paying your dues means more than just sitting and waiting.

It takes work.

Just because you were taken 10th overall, that doesn't mean you're entitled to anything.
But if you were taken 3rd overall you are a future Hall-of-Famer even if some dude with an AARP card beats you out of a starting job. Twice. And even if you quit on your team. Twice.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2011   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I had thought that he had grown up a little, but he obviously still thinks his value is based on what he says he can do, and not on what he has actually done. College doesn't count anymore, kid.

He must've been disappointed that Schaub wasn't as fragile as the media made him out to be. His best bet is to stay under the tutelage of Kubiak and show off in preseason.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

All I will be able to thinkk of now with Leinart probably gone is that we will expect (like every year) to see SOME improvement next year........and if Schaub goes down............in comes our next best tried and true...............OMG our season...........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt who?
Old 01-04-2011   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he gonna take his hot tub and chicks with him? Cuz that would be rude.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #12
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Thorn,

What's up with the new avatar, you've had the sarge for forever!
Old 01-04-2011   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Thorn,

What's up with the new avatar, you've had the sarge for forever!
I'll be going back with the Sarge pretty soon. For now, "Kiss My Ass" fits my mood.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #14
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Is he gonna take his hot tub and chicks with him? Cuz that would be rude.
Remember he has a kid and that Basketball Baby-Momma to support, on top of the Hot Tub chicks.

He better be reasonable on salary otherwise he may end up on the streets.

I'd like to see the Texans bring in Chase Clement. He had a great year in the UFL.

We stuck Gold with an undrafted player once before....
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #15
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-a-starter/

Shame, I was hoping the Texans would be able to keep him as a backup and continue to groom him. Regardless I will be rooting for him. Best of luck Matt.
I'll be surprised if a team signs him as a potential starter. Wouldn't be too shocking to see him right back here next season after testing the waters.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I won't hate on the man because he was a Texan, so i'll just wish him good luck on his future endeavors.
Old 01-05-2011   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

So long, Hollywood, don't let the (nightclub)door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

And, umm, let us know when football makes top 3 on your priority list. Best of luck with the acting classes.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
Matt who?
You know.....Matty.

Old 01-05-2011   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Tyrell Pryor....
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

If any of you had the bank that Matt made as a first round pick, you'd be in a hot tub full of chix too.

Don't hate him for that...hate him for sucking on the field of play.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read