Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011   #1
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Season Ticket Holder advise

I was hoping to get some solid advise from season ticket holders out there. I am not local but I have been considering buying season tickets for a few years but never have. Truth is I was thinking that enough people might drop their tickets this year and that I could get 2 really good seats and hang on to them. My concern is, I would only make a couple games a year and sell the others for at least a few years until I can relocate closer to Houston. This may be a stupid question, but should i even consider buying season tickets this year?

How hard is it to get season tickets? Do you guys that sell some of your tickets make money, lose money, or come out even? How does the process of getting season tickets even work? It may be a long shot but i'm hoping for 2 tickets within about 10 rows from the field, not even sure if that's possible. Should I try to get season tickets or just keep buying individual tickets for the games I want?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just looking for some good advise and wondering if I could get 2 really good seats if I would have trouble at least breaking even on the tickets I would sell. Thanks guys!
Old 01-04-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season Ticket Holder advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
I was hoping to get some solid advise from season ticket holders out there. I am not local but I have been considering buying season tickets for a few years but never have. Truth is I was thinking that enough people might drop their tickets this year and that I could get 2 really good seats and hang on to them. My concern is, I would only make a couple games a year and sell the others for at least a few years until I can relocate closer to Houston. This may be a stupid question, but should i even consider buying season tickets this year?

How hard is it to get season tickets? Do you guys that sell some of your tickets make money, lose money, or come out even? How does the process of getting season tickets even work? It may be a long shot but i'm hoping for 2 tickets within about 10 rows from the field, not even sure if that's possible. Should I try to get season tickets or just keep buying individual tickets for the games I want?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, just looking for some good advise and wondering if I could get 2 really good seats if I would have trouble at least breaking even on the tickets I would sell. Thanks guys!
If you are definitely planning on relocating - DO IT!!!!

If not, just buy individual tickets as you need them. Unloading 8 +/- games per year could be cumbersome.
Old 01-04-2011   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

man its easy to flip tickets now. ebay. just set the price at face and let people drive up the price. ebay is legal scalping. throwing in a parking pass always helps. just contact the texans and they'll let you know what's available when they are selling seats. i think i'm gonna make a move on better seats this year given that alot might open. to be honest i've bought tix for the cowboys and texans on ebay over the years and alot of times they are postmarked out of state
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Season Ticket Holder advise

See this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79015

You'll lose money doing that and NEED to be ok with that fact.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #5
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
See this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79015

You'll lose money doing that and NEED to be ok with that fact.

Most times you can't even give pre-season tix away.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #6
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the advice guys!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read