Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many wins will the Texans record in 2011?
1-2 wins 1 2.70%
3-4 wins 0 0%
5-11 0 0%
6-10 1 2.70%
7-9 5 13.51%
8-8 5 13.51%
9-7 10 27.03%
10-6 8 21.62%
11-12 wins 5 13.51%
13+ wins 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2011   #1
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2011 pre-draft prediction thread.

Now that we officially have a HC and DC in place, what record do you predict the Texans have in 2011?
Old 01-04-2011   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 pre-draft prediction thread.

I'm predicting 9-7 and no playoff berth. I expect the offense to regress because of years of spending draft picks on the defense, to include 2011. I'm predicting an 11th ranked offense and 20th ranked defense. I'm predicting Kubiak will suck it up again and we will lose at least 2 games because of bad coaching, personnel, or scheme decisions.
Old 01-04-2011   #3
wagonhed
Team Gruden

or if the report about Wade was false I jumped the gun and should be tarred and feathered.... or the thread just deleted. HAH.
Old 01-04-2011   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's the 16-0 option? Lol.
Old 01-04-2011   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Where's the 16-0 option? Lol.
It's in Boston.
Old 01-04-2011   #6
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McNair
"Continuity makes it easier to be ready, as opposed to if you completely changed your systems, and the players weren't around to be taught the new system," McNair said. "And then you come back to play and you're trying to start out with a new system, and the players aren't properly prepared. That could be a very difficult situation, and we certainly don't want to find ourselves in that boat."
Since we very may well be changing our defensive system, and lockout looming, that could be a very difficult and traumatic situation, which can set us back two years, so I'll say 5-11.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Since we very may well be changing our defensive system, and lockout looming, that could be a very difficult and traumatic situation, which can set us back two years, so I'll say 5-11.
Old 01-04-2011   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

After the new CBA is agreed to, the Texans go 18-0 for the regular season and 21-0 over all. We set all kinds of records on both sides of the line and special teams. We are called the Greatest NFL Team Ever To Exist EVER.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #9
KMG 365
Veteran

Rep Power: 1251 KMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respectedKMG 365 is a quality contributor and well respected

Next season is the first of many consecutive double digit wins for the Texans. I can't wait for next season to begin.

New motto: 11 in '11
KMG 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #10
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG 365 View Post
Next season is the first of many consecutive double digit wins for the Texans. I can't wait for next season to begin.

New motto: 11 in '11
Ohhhhh, I likey!!
Old 01-04-2011   #11
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Are the Texans headed toward a 3-4 set defensively?

If they can get that down as well as possible (it obviously takes more than a year) I can see 10-6 and 2nd in the South. We will all be helped by the Jags retention of Del Rio. Some of you guys are upset over keeping Kubiak. Imagine being a Jags fans and your team keeping Del Rio.

What a wonderful time for 2011 predictions!
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
or if the report about Wade was false I jumped the gun and should be tarred and feathered.... or the thread just deleted. HAH.
don't worry about it. someone else will start another poll on the same issue next week.
Old 01-04-2011   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmmmm.........I guess no one is taking my previous post seriously. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I'm predicting 9-7 and no playoff berth. I expect the offense to regress because of years of spending draft picks on the defense, to include 2011. I'm predicting an 11th ranked offense and 20th ranked defense. I'm predicting Kubiak will suck it up again and we will lose at least 2 games because of bad coaching, personnel, or scheme decisions.
I don't disagree that the offense might eventually regress due to spending a lot of picks on defense, but I don't think it will catch up to us in 2011.
I want to see a first-third round pick on a WR, but every other pick this year can go into the DL and secondary as far as I'm concerned.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i predict 13+ early on in the offseason and by the time the season rolls around my optimism fades with it.
Old 01-05-2011   #16
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I don't disagree that the offense might eventually regress due to spending a lot of picks on defense, but I don't think it will catch up to us in 2011.
I want to see a first-third round pick on a WR, but every other pick this year can go into the DL and secondary as far as I'm concerned.
I think we are going to let OD go, this is more just a feeling I have than anything. We will also let JJ go. Then misuse of the WRs and TEs we have, poor personnel decisions and a failure to give DD a chance, is why I think the offense will regress.

I don't foresee a WR in the top 3 rounds. My prediction of a top 20 defense is based on defensive picks in the top 3 rounds, NT, FS, WLB.
Old 01-05-2011   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked 8-8 as the last time Gary Kubiak went 6-10, he followed it up with an extraordinary 8-8 year. Trends are on my side
Old 01-05-2011   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm predicting another 7-9, or 8-8 season from Kubiak and the kids. We'll be 5-7 after 12 games (as usual) for the fifth straight year, also.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

6-10.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read