Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2011   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I've never been critical of Bob McNair, but...

I was listening to sportsradio 610 and they were playing snippets from an interview he did today...

He basically threw the coaches he fired under the bus saying that they gave bad advice.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but who the hell has the final say over there regarding football decisions?

If I am the manager of a project, sure I listen to what my employees are saying, but ultimately it is me who has to make the final decisions.

He also said that he though Kubiak had a good seeason.

I understand trying to support your head coach, but that is just ridiculous....IMO...

Anyways, Winston is on right now if you guys wanna listen...http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...477&station=63
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I've never been critical of Bob McNair, but...

Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK can somebody lay out the rules for coach and owner speak other than "criticize everything Kubiak and McNair do?" They take it on themselves and people *****. Now they answer a direct question about the young secondary and say they made a mistake based on advice of the team's experts on that particular position and that's wrong too. If they made the decision over the advice of the position coaches people would be howling about the owner and an offensive guy overruling their experts.
Old 01-04-2011   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OK can somebody lay out the rules for coach and owner speak other than "criticize everything Kubiak and McNair do?" They take it on themselves and people *****. Now they answer a direct question about the young secondary and say they made a mistake based on advice of the team's experts on that particular position and that's wrong too. If they made the decision over the advice of the position coaches people would be howling about the owner and an offensive guy overruling their experts.
Has it even come out yet who made the decision to go with nothing, but young inexperienced corners yet? That's all I really care about and I pray it wasn't Kubiak or our G.M., because whoever made that decision does not need to be here.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak had a "good season"? What a doofus. Seriously. 6-10 is crap, garbage, and this is his standard for "good season"??

All those "almost wons" and $5 gets you a latte at Starbucks.

Comparing this owner and staff with successful franchises reveals fundamental flaws that are not conducive to putting a winning product on the field.

I was a fan of the Oilers and hated Bud Adams, as is the case for many Houston football fans. So it is that we arrive full circle. Our owner is a joke, and those of you not laughing just refuse to see the punchline.

I guess I need to turn in my membership card for the Super Duper Über-Fan Club. I'm just a cynical fan these days.
Old 01-04-2011   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Has it even come out yet who made the decision to go with nothing, but young inexperience corners yet? That's all I really care about and I pray it wasn't Kubiak or our G.M., because whoever made that decision does not need to be here.
The McNair clip said they interviewed several veteran corners but were advised by the position coaches the vets weren't needed and so they went with that. He admitted it was a mistake to do so. So beyond the all responsibility goes to the top position the decision was basically made by the position coaches.
Old 01-04-2011   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

"because good coaching is underrated"

signed
Jacques Reeves
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2011   #8
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Has it even come out yet who made the decision to go with nothing, but young inexperienced corners yet? That's all I really care about and I pray it wasn't Kubiak or our G.M., because whoever made that decision does not need to be here.
I would venture to guess it was Gibbs that made the suggestion to go with young corners. He had done the same thing in KC and had some success in doing so, so I would bet dollars to donuts he told McNair and Kubiak he could do the same thing here and it blew up in his face...

just thinking...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kubiak had a "good season"? What a doofus. Seriously. 6-10 is crap, garbage, and this is his standard for "good season"??

Comparing this owner and staff with successful franchises reveals fundamental flaws that are not conducive to putting a winning product on the field.

I was a fan of the Oilers and hated Bud Adams, as is the case for many Houston football fans. So it is that we arrive full circle. Our owner is a joke, and those of you not laughing just refuse to see the punchline.

I guess I need to turn in my membership card for the Super Duper Über-Fan Club. I'm just a cynical fan these days.
Yeh in a radio interview the reporter asked Gary how he felt about this train wreck of a season and Gary immediately responds "well in dont know about train wreck, we had alot of things go wrong blablabalablabalabla".

Really Gary, really? You dont consider this season a train wreck? This is the guy that is giong to take us to the promise land?
Old 01-04-2011   #10
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2075 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Yeh in a radio interview the reporter asked Gary how he felt about this train wreck of a season and Gary immediately responds "well in dont know about train wreck, we had alot of things go wrong blablabalablabalabla".

Really Gary, really? You dont consider this season a train wreck? This is the guy that is giong to take us to the promise land?
Ha, he was also asked why he didnt make a change in-season at DC. His response: "I didnt think one was necessary then."

And now you think one is? Ha.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he said it was multiple problems and not just one coach is why Bush wasn't fired in the middle of the season

question is.. who would have been good enough on the staff to bump up in the middle of the season?
Old 01-04-2011   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Bolded

Starting with the "on the right track comments." Now he is saying that no one complained about the coach last year when he did a god job at 9-7..false. He also said on Bob Allen that the work stoppage had nothing to do with a hire and then said it did. The guy just shouldn't open his mouth. He is like a little kid at the circus oooing and ahhinh about almost wins. Seriously, he is clueless.

This interview floors me

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
Old 01-04-2011   #13
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What does it matter? The DC was fired, all else is forgotten now! When have the Texans ever been straight-forward about, well, anything?

ob·fus·cate
   /ˈɒbfəˌskeɪt, ɒbˈfʌskeɪt/ Show Spelled[ob-fuh-skeyt, ob-fuhs-keyt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object),-cat·ed, -cat·ing.
to confuse, bewilder, or stupify.
to make obscure or unclear: to obfuscate a problem with extraneous information.
to darken.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #14
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I think he said it was multiple problems and not just one coach is why Bush wasn't fired in the middle of the season

question is.. who would have been good enough on the staff to bump up in the middle of the season?
Hmm, seeing as how we just hired Wade Phillips, maybe he should have just been hired after being fired from Dallas?? I'm not sure I see the downside of having done that. Why bump someone from the existing staff? They should have just cut the cord way-back-when.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

are some of y'all new fans of the Texans or ever listened to a press conference?

save y'all a little trouble.(it has basically been the same thing for 9 years) . as frustrating as it is the Texans are very PC and they really don't say anything bad about anyone ..

early in the season, I was frustrated with the same weekly talk, but late in the season, I have accepted the fact that they aren't going to say anything
Old 01-04-2011   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Hmm, seeing as how we just hired Wade Phillips, maybe he should have just been hired after being fired from Dallas?? I'm not sure I see the downside of having done that. Why bump someone from the existing staff? They should have just cut the cord way-back-when.
I thought so too after a few weeks but that just doesn't happen

the kids gotta have time to learn before they play on gameday

Old 01-04-2011   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
are some of y'all new fans of the Texans or ever listened to a press conference?

save y'all a little trouble.(it has basically been the same thing for 9 years) . as frustrating as it is the Texans are very PC and they really don't say anything bad about anyone ..

early in the season, I was frustrated with the same weekly talk, but late in the season, I have accepted the fact that they aren't going to say anything
He sure didn't mind throwing his ex coaches under the bus at the expense of Kubiak...

I mean really? It's just laughable...really it is...

Kubiak is the head man in charge and he blames the position coaches for the decision to go young???? Really???

LMAOOOOOO!!!

That's like upper management going straight to an assembly line worker and dismissing the fact that he has managers and supervisors over seeing the departments....

Kubiak is ultimately in charge...Who cares if they suggested it.....Kubiak and Crew obviously ok'ed it....
Old 01-04-2011   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He sure didn't mind throwing his ex coaches under the bus at the expense of Kubiak...

I mean really? It's just laughable...really it is...

Kubiak is the head man in charge and he blames the position coaches for the decision to go young???? Really???

LMAOOOOOO!!!

That's like upper management going straight to an assembly line worker and dismissing the fact that he has managers and supervisors over seeing the departments....

Kubiak is ultimately in charge...Who cares if they suggested it.....Kubiak and Crew obviously ok'ed it....
No, it's more like a manager going to his experts for advice and then following it. It happens in business every day, but whatever...
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
No, it's more like a manager going to his experts for advice and then following it. It happens in business every day, but whatever...

How do you draw that comparison?

The assistant coaches are "experts" on what players to keep????

And what is Kubiak?

I'm sorry, but I can't see any credible head coach following his assistants advice and not having a mind of his own...

McNair said they received bad advice from the assistant coaches that they were ok going with the personnel they went with...

I don't think that should matter one bit....Part of being the lead is telling your employees that you appreciate their advice but it's best to go in a different direction. If you decide to follow your employees advice that means you thought it was a pretty good idea too...

If you follow an "experts" advice that usually means you have no clue about the area of their expertise...That's why you would call an expert JB...

But whatever...Kubiak is here for another year, and I will root him on no matter what....I am a Texans fan and will be one until they leave or I die...
Old 01-05-2011   #20
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
"because good coaching is underrated"

signed
Jacques Reeves
He's right. That's why his SORRY ass is still on the street.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read