Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2011   #1
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Did Bob do his due diligence?

Man I'm angry. I thought I'd be angry that Kubiak was back..I am. But the venom in me(not healthy) is mostly for McNair. His comments fly in the face of reason and it makes me think that he is just surrounded by people who will tell him anything and that he really has no business making football decisions.

So I keep reading about Cowher and now Harbaugh and some of the other coaches out there. Did Bob do his due diligence and contact anyone? The way he makes it sound is he was never going to pull the trigger because there are so many unlucky things that happened to his nice fellas. Just like the year before.

Harbaugh runs a top offense. He works with a top QB. SF has nothing to offer and is in the running. ESPN Insider said Carolina is a dark horse with the top pick and Luck maybe coming there. Miami and Denver too. You don't think he would see a Schaub and weapons and even think a little about coming here? What about Cowher. No one is even sure if his Top 3 choices was legit but don't you have to make that call?

If a guy isn't doing his due diligence then he is cheating his franchise. I really don't think it occurred to him to call anyone or consult anyone. That angers and disappoints me and makes me realize that common sense will never get through to a guy like Bob. Everything is too black and white to him. "Defense Bad, so that is where I will fix."(caveman). He ignores the details of football...not business.
Old 01-04-2011   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Did Bob do his due diligence?

You're not a real fan durp-durp....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob is a business man , not a football guy.

I said it several times before that I could see why he would come to the conclusions he has based on the metrics involved - mainly the offensive stats.

Much like in business he's looking at statistics when making his decisions .... right wrong or indfferent.

Mclaim pretty much echoed my statements in multiple posts from a week or more ago in yesterdays article.

As fans its easy to make these decisions and question those he does make .... but its his $700million dollar toy.
There are lots of decisions we as fans are not privy to the answers to , he is.

He has to make those decisions based upon the information he believes to be the best guage - Looks to me like he believes that guage to be statistical data. Even if that data is taken out of context.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Bob is a business man , not a football guy.

I said it several times before that I could see why he would come to the conclusions he has based on the metrics involved - mainly the offensive stats.

Much like in business he's looking at statistics when making his decisions .... right wrong or indfferent.

Mclaim pretty much echoed my statements in multiple posts from a week or more ago in yesterdays article.

As fans its easy to make these decisions and question those he does make .... but its his $700million dollar toy.
There are lots of decisions we as fans are not privy to the answers to , he is.

He has to make those decisions based upon the information he believes to be the best guage - Looks to me like he believes that guage to be statistical data. Even if that data is taken out of context.
And that..bolded.. sums it up. The offense wasn't this shining beacon while the defense failed. The offense failed for many quarters which helped put them in holes. 10 quarters of hurry up, down by 14 or more isn't analyzing statistics. I don't think he analyzes anything and is a simpleton when it comes to football.
Old 01-04-2011   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably not, but what can we do about it except move on with the team or bug out? What's it going to be?
Old 01-04-2011   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Probably not, but what can we do about it except move on with the team or bug out? What's it going to be?
Not sure. Frustration is high and this doesn't even take into effect that I'm waiting to see what Jerry does with my Cowboys and if we even have a season next year. Football hell right now.
Old 01-04-2011   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
And that..bolded.. sums it up. The offense wasn't this shining beacon while the defense failed. The offense failed for many quarters which helped put them in holes. 10 quarters of hurry up, down by 14 or more isn't analyzing statistics. I don't think he analyzes anything and is a simpleton when it comes to football.

I think in Uncle Bob's eyes, it was the defense's fault they were down 14 points or more constantly, despite the slow starts the offense had.

So I think we are looking at a chicken or egg scenario here. Was the offense playing from behind becasue of the bad offense OR was the defense getting overexposed becasue of the slow starts on the offense...

Only Uncle Bob can answer that question. Either way, bringing Kubiak back was not the right decision...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2011   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure. Frustration is high and this doesn't even take into effect that I'm waiting to see what Jerry does with my Cowboys and if we even have a season next year. Football hell right now.
Yeah, any time your home town team's locker room's empty early January, it's going to feel like football hell. I understand and feel the frustration of a lot of y'all do. It just doesn't do me any good getting all bent out of shape about something that is out of my control. It's a simple choice. We either stick with the team through the ups and downs, or we move on to what we think are better things.
Old 01-04-2011   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, any time your home town team's locker room's empty early January, it's going to feel like football hell. I understand and feel the frustration of a lot of y'all do. It just doesn't do me any good getting all bent out of shape about something that is out of my control. It's a simple choice. We either stick with the team through the ups and downs, or we move on to what we think are better things.
Well said, bro!
Old 01-04-2011   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Yup, I was better shutting off the radio and avoiding football talk for most of the year. Listen to music again. Heck, I might not even be in this town this time next season. That is still in the air for me and the family. Seems like there will be alot going on this 2011.
Old 01-04-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really impressed with Gary Patterson & staff. His defense finished 2nd in the NCAA & stopped a powerful Wisconsin OL/power running game despite being outweighed almost 40 pounds per player. He is the type of coach Texans should locate if they did due diligenece.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'm really impressed with Gary Patterson & staff. His defense finished 2nd in the NCAA & stopped a powerful Wisconsin OL/power running game despite being outweighed almost 40 pounds per player. He is the type of coach Texans should locate if they did due diligenece.
Love him and he has made my Frogs a program for years...though this next year should be down after losing 20 + seniors. I think his style may get through to college kids better though. He gets pretty uptight and sweaty..lol. Could be wrong though.
Old 01-04-2011   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Yup, I was better shutting off the radio and avoiding football talk for most of the year. Listen to music again. Heck, I might not even be in this town this time next season. That is still in the air for me and the family. Seems like there will be alot going on this 2011.
Satellite radio, bro. I like to crank up a little Hairnation, Boneyard and Classic Rewind every day.

Good luck to you and the fam.
Old 01-04-2011   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Satellite radio, bro. I like to crank up a little Hairnation, Boneyard and Classic Rewind every day.

Good luck to you and the fam.
Need to get it. If not I have ipod capabilities in the car. Could be better for me.

Thanks man! Wife waiting to hear about Chicago or not and looking at other options.
Old 01-04-2011   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I don't think he analyzes anything and is a simpleton when it comes to football.
One thing I don't think Kubiak gets enough credit for around here, is that he not only "rebuilt" this team, he "rebuilt" this franchise. The team on the field & the guys in the F.O. are Kubiak guys.

I think that is why McNair is sticking with Kubiak. As bad as the F.O. & the team may be, McNair probably believes it is miles ahead of where it was when Kubiak got here, & I find that hard to dispute.

I'll agree, from what we've seen on the field, on gameday, it is hard to justify bringing Kubiak back. But when you look at where we are as a franchise.... I think the argument can be made.

Bringing a guy like Cowher to the Texans would have made sense. He could fill in the exact same role as Kubiak with the exact same reach.... but Cowher has never had that kind of control, so maybe that's the gamble he didn't want to take.

Who knows.
Old 01-04-2011   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Need to get it. If not I have ipod capabilities in the car. Could be better for me.

Thanks man! Wife waiting to hear about Chicago or not and looking at other options.
Eww, Chicago?
Old 01-04-2011   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

DAAAAA BEARS! DA BEARS! DA BEARS! DA BEARS!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I also enjoyed watching Bud Foster, VT, last night vs. Stanford. like his passion & intensity his pep talks failed however, but if looks could kill as Stanford used an embarrasing number of unwarrented shifts late in the game I thought he was going to cross the field himself....

Now in regards to defensive coordinators in College with NFL experience what about Stanford DC Vic Fangio? Don't laugh off the former Houston Texan assistant. He is also rumored to be in Mac Browns sights for new DC. He was Capers 3-4 DC 2002-2005 & I'll maintain never had the tools to run the system, now he is very good dialing up blitz packages, just suffocated T-Mobil, while Capers has had similar success in Green Bay converting them to a 3-4.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Eww, Chicago?
Continental merger...headquarters now. I love it there but we will see about living. Again, I'd have to get an equivalent job. We have alot of options. Should be interesting.
Old 01-04-2011   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there were better options out there, but we need to remember who we're dealing with. Firing Kubiak was probably never on the table in his mind. If it were, then we'd probably still be stuck with Rick Smith anyway. This isn't the solution I was hoping for, but I'll take it.

Replacing half of the coaching staff is pretty commonplace for most winning organizations. For McNair, this is a huge move.

In doing so, I think he increased Kubiak's sense of urgency. At least, that's what it sounded like in the press conference yesterday. Sounded to me like just getting a wild-card playoff berth and going out in the first round won't cut it.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read