Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Realistic Personell Changes(Not including Draft)

TexanAggie89

Practice Squad
I think after we hire our DC, and Other defensive coaches i think we should go after some top of the line defensive players. But realistically, there are only a few that we can get at our position of need.

Here is what i thought of in FA, which are realistic.

CB- Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber.
- The reason i chose those two besides the fact that they are free agents is the fact that they can STILL play at a high enough level for our defense to get stops when they need it. On top of that, they can really help to groom guys that need it (Kareem and Glover) and maybe Peterson if we draft him. Either way, we NEED a high level veteran in the secondary.

DT- Aubroyo Franklin, Shaun Rogers
- Franklin is a FA, and is a HUGE stop gab NT. These are really hard to find, and im not set on drafting someone like Nick Fairley who doesnt have experience, and its too late for the current staff to take a project D-Linemen. Shaun Rogers is getting up there in age, but when he wants to, he literally is an unstoppable pass rusher. I think being on teams that are NOT the Lions or Browns would help bring him that motivation to be once again, a dominant NT. (and if we can swing Haloti Ngata...well..that speaks for itself).

- Franklin is a FA, and is a HUGE stop gab NT. These are really hard to find, and im not set on drafting someone like Nick Fairley who doesnt have experience, and its too late for the current staff to take a project D-Linemen. Shaun Rogers is getting up there in age, but when he wants to, he literally is an unstoppable pass rusher. I think being on teams that are NOT the Lions or Browns would help bring him that motivation to be once again, a dominant NT. (and if we can swing Haloti Ngata...well..that speaks for itself).

And why would Rogers rate the Texans higher than those those teams? Not like we've done a damn thing.

And why would Rogers rate the Texans higher than those those teams? Not like we've done a damn thing.

Upside my friend, upside. Say what you will about the lack of crap we have done in the past but when you look at a two-time top 5 offense, that presents upside.

I think after we hire our DC, and Other defensive coaches i think we should go after some top of the line defensive players. But realistically, there are only a few that we can get at our position of need.

Here is what i thought of in FA, which are realistic.

CB- Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber.
- The reason i chose those two besides the fact that they are free agents is the fact that they can STILL play at a high enough level for our defense to get stops when they need it. On top of that, they can really help to groom guys that need it (Kareem and Glover) and maybe Peterson if we draft him. Either way, we NEED a high level veteran in the secondary.

"Champ Bailey, who is set to become a free agent this offseason, was recently quoted as saying that he's tired of all the change in Denver. It's unlikely that he'll be back. And if he is, Bailey told ESPN that he wants to convert to safety to prolong his NFL career."

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Barber? No thanks, he will be 36 years old in 3 months. Why not someone like Carlos Rogers? Johnathan Joseph? Antonio Cromartie? Ike Taylor? As far as DT why not a Brandon Mebane? Alan Branch? Just saying, the guys you have listed are 30 years old or older. I want to see some talented youth with experience that will be able to give us 3-5 years.

I would love us to bring in Bailey to shore up the FS position and mentor all the young guys, and Joseph to take over #1 CB duties.

I would love us to bring in Bailey to shore up the FS position and mentor all the young guys, and Joseph to take over #1 CB duties.

Eeeh - I don't want to listen to more bitching about a Denver connection.

j/k - would love to have Bailey come play FS.

Back