Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2011   #1
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Player Assessment 2011

Now that our season is officially over, to the relief of many, it's time to evaluate our players. Who do we expect to be back next year? Who will be given the pink slip?

This is meant to evaluate our players and not our coaches. There are other threads for that.

I'll start off by saying that I don't expect Matt Turk or Bernard Pollard to be back.

Turk has underperformed the whole season and his age is finally catching up to him. He's one of the reasons why other offenses are gifted with such great field position.

Bernard Pollard is a liability in pass coverage. His deficiencies as a coverage safety has resulted in many TDs for the opposing team. His many contributions include, but is not limited to: personal fouls, missed tackles, and atrocious coverage.

Feel free to add on to this list. I can't go through our whole roster on my own.

ETA: Here's the link to our roster:
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.html
Old 01-03-2011   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Player Assessment 2011

My main concern is that Leach gets resigned.
Old 01-03-2011   #3
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Turk and Orlovsky can go. Otherwise, I think there is already a great deal of improperly utilized talent on this team. Entire teams don't regress in unison, let's see what a new DC can do before we start giving too many people the ax. Pollard may be obsolete considering the NFL's crackdown on hard hits. Let's hope that Nolan is worth the hype around here, because god knows we suck at drafting players in the secondary. Who knows, Quentin Carter (FS Oklahoma) anyone?
Old 01-03-2011   #4
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Turk and Orlovsky can go. Otherwise, I think there is already a great deal of improperly utilized talent on this team. Entire teams don't regress in unison, let's see what a new DC can do before we start giving too many people the ax. Pollard may be obsolete considering the NFL's crackdown on hard hits. Let's hope that Nolan is worth the hype around here, because god knows we suck at drafting players in the secondary. Who knows, Quentin Carter (FS Oklahoma) anyone?
I remember during the season when we were calling for Nolan to start in place of Eugene Wilson. Our wishes were granted, and he did start. And if I remember correctly, he made quite a few mistakes and Wilson regained his starting position.

Don't quote me on that though.
Old 01-03-2011   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

There are obviously a ton of changes that need to be made on defense, and I'm sure that will be covered here at length, so I'll just say that you can put me on board with the others that think we really need a legit #2 receiver opposite of AJ.
I know it's not a top priority overall, but I think AJ can be even better than he already is, if he has a better complimentary #2 such as Jerry Rice / John Taylor, or even Michael Irvin / Alvin Harper.
There is no other real threat at receiver for this team.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read