Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2011   #1
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will you forgive McNair if...

he keeps Kubiak, hires Phillips, AND:

1) Signs Champ Bailey as a FA AND
2) Trades our first and second for Nmandi Asomugha

I know it will never happen but it IS possible that we make a splash in FA and trades and get some good players.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #2
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will you forgive McNair if...

3) and the Texans win the Super Bowl

If all 3 happen, then yes.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he needs to give all of y'all at the games at least one FREE beer next season.

Then I'll forgive him
Old 01-03-2011   #4
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Signing FAs is a two way street. I don't hold Bob personally responsible every time we miss on an FA, as money is never the only factor, but I do expect him to aggressively go after DB/DT help. If he doesn't sign at least 2 big ticket FAs, I will be disappointed. If we sign none, I will be pissed regardless of who we get as DC.
Old 01-03-2011   #5
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
he keeps Kubiak, hires Phillips, AND:

1) Signs Champ Bailey as a FA AND
2) Trades our first and second for Nmandi Asomugha

I know it will never happen but it IS possible that we make a splash in FA and trades and get some good players.
1) Our team wouldn't give much for Bailey considering his age. Considering Woodson still being legit, I am not necessarily agreeing, but just don't think they will.

2) 1st and 2nd isn't enough to pry Aso from Davis' cold Zombie Lord hands.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Aso will be worth getting this year. He has that weird deal where he gets paid a salary of the QBs franchise tag value in 2011. So he would cost about 16 million for one year, and have no guarantee he will stay after that. No thanks, that money could be put to better use.
Old 01-03-2011   #7
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Baily is getting old for a corner - 33 - not over impressed with thie year - would not pay him a bunch on money.

Would not trade a 1 and 2 for asomugha either. He is still pretty good, but that is too much in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2011   #8
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

**** no. Seriously? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Hell no.
Old 01-03-2011   #9
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair is taking a big gamble here. If he's right and we start winning on a consistant basis, great all is forgiven; but if he's wrong, it could be disasterous.

I admit, I showed very little passion yestarday.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #10
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
McNair is taking a big gamble here. If he's right and we start winning on a consistant basis, great all is forgiven; but if he's wrong, it could be disasterous.

I admit, I showed very little passion yestarday.
^This

Never thought that I would care so little about a Texans game......and they were winning. I watched the few minutes I did almost out of obligation as being a fan. I was glad when it was finally over so I could play 360 LIVE....

McNair.....you are breeding apathy at an unprecedented level.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #11
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Our GM is too stupid to make any FA splashes.

Pipe dream.
Old 01-03-2011   #12
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

And honestly, I doubt very many of us are in the mood for "forgive McNair" scenarios. The only scenario I care about is the one in which Kubiak is no longer the HC, and if that doesn't happen, McNair can go F himself.
Old 01-03-2011   #13
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a saying in Texas, be an azz hole all you want, just win football games and it won't matter.

It's real simple for McNair, the Texans make the playoffs.

I said during the last year of Carr's tenure that the big issue was McNair. I said he is more involved and controlling of the team than people understand or appreciate.

If the Texans season goes south again next year, I predict McNair will feel more of the rage than Kubiak.

Granted, McNair is in a difficult position regarding the offense statistics and the CBA, but those issues will not factor into people's opinion regarding McNair's decision to keep Kubiak.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #14
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair can keep Kubiak as HC and Frank Bush as the DC, I will still be a Texans fan who will faithfully follow them and root for them. That's certainly not the scenario I'm hoping for, but whatever he does with his team I will remain a fan. Wouldn't like it, but they'd still be my team.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
1) Our team wouldn't give much for Bailey considering his age. Considering Woodson still being legit, I am not necessarily agreeing, but just don't think they will.

2) 1st and 2nd isn't enough to pry Aso from Davis' cold Zombie Lord hands.
I agree with this although I think it would do WONDERS to our young secondary if they could learn from a player like Champ. Even if he only has 1-2 good years left, I think it would be worth looking into.

Is he a FA this season?
Old 01-03-2011   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I agree with this although I think it would do WONDERS to our young secondary if they could learn from a player like Champ. Even if he only has 1-2 good years left, I think it would be worth looking into.

Is he a FA this season?
Yes, and he has made it known that he isn't interested in staying with the Broncos. Last year he suggested that he would take less money if they would let him convert to Free Safety, which would extend his career. We could use a Free Safety with the sort of instincts he has, which would make him a nice fit if they are willing to take a chance on him.
Old 01-03-2011   #17
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yes, and he has made it known that he isn't interested in staying with the Broncos. Last year he suggested that he would take less money if they would let him convert to Free Safety, which would extend his career. We could use a Free Safety with the sort of instincts he has, which would make him a nice fit if they are willing to take a chance on him.
Damn, thats great news. Good enough to keep me excited about getting him until he signs with another team and I go home disappointed.........again.
Old 01-03-2011   #18
2slik4u
All Pro

And no, I would not forgive Mcnair. He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt assuming Kubiak comes back. The only thing that I would forgive him for would be if we made a deep run into the playoffs AND won the division.

At that point, it would take probably one more year of similar success to wipe out any bad things I have said about him.

Two good years would do it for me as I beleive if you can put together two good years, your team is finally a perrenial contender like the Colts, Pats, Steelers, etc.
Old 01-03-2011   #19
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post

Is he a FA this season?
I have no problem at all with signing Bailey, either. Smithiak will probably disagree with us, though. I still say that if Woodson can still be an impact player at 34, Bailey shouldn't be dismissed as done. Hell, as mentioned, he is light years ahead of what we currently have.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #20
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Just win baby!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read