Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-07-2005   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Sean Taylor No Show.

Link

"Redskins' head coach Joe Gibbs called out wide receiver Santana Moss and safety Sean Taylor on Wednesday due to both players failing to take part in the voluntary offseason workout program. "Everybody should be here and it's very disappointing to us when they're not here," Gibbs told the Washington Post."

"Taylor has asked team officials to restructure the contract he signed as a rookie last season."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

well, besides for the "glad we didn't take him" response....

... the workout WAS voluntary.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

He didnt have a season worthy of a restructured contract
Old 04-07-2005   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he wants to refund some cash?
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Since when is Santana Moss on the 'Skins??!?!?!?!
Old 04-07-2005   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
Since when is Santana Moss on the 'Skins??!?!?!?!

Since the Jets traded him to the Skins for Laveranues Coles.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #7
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa

Whoa! When was this? Can't beleive I would miss something like that.
Old 04-07-2005   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
"Redskins' head coach Joe Gibbs called out wide receiver Santana Moss and safety Sean Taylor on Wednesday due to both players failing to take part in the voluntary offseason workout program. "Everybody should be here and it's very disappointing to us when they're not here," Gibbs told the Washington Post."
Read the bold word. Moss and Taylor dont have to go and if Gibbs forces them to go, it will be a violation of the CBA.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Read the bold word. Moss and Taylor dont have to go and if Gibbs forces them to go, it will be a violation of the CBA.
I dont think anyone is saying he should be forced to go, but its nice to have all of your players at offseason workouts.

The story was just pointing out a reason why they might not want to attend these workouts. Contract reasons.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005   #10
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

The clipped quote made it sound as if Taylor isn't attending voluntary workouts because he's not happy with his contract. If that's the case, it makes me feel even better about missing him in the draft. If you're only a second year player, without much to show from your first season, you should be attending voluntary workouts plus some for the kind of money he's getting.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a voluntary off-season workout but I wish they'd just get past this and make it mandatory because for all intents and purposes it is. If the player doesn't attend then it's like having a big spotlight pointed at him along with a neon sign saying "Selfish Player Here" (or you could swap "selfish" for "disgruntled", "greedy", or "locker room cancer").

They should just work "x" number of days off-season workout into the CBA. For the amount of money these guys are paid the teams shouldn't have to pressure them "tough love style" to get them to come in for the workouts. they should be mandatory.

Oh yeah, and glad we didn't get Sean Taylor last year. He wants to restructure already? What a load of BS that is. I don't recall hearing squat about the impact he made in the Redskins fortunes last season.
Old 04-08-2005   #12
TexansCanes
All Pro

from what i hear they are both down working at the U along with andre. sean needs to shut up about his contract and realized he messed up. for the record it is a terrible contract, he can't reach most of his escalators, but thats his fault. show that you can keep up your play and the contract will come. taylor not being there isn't as big of a deal as moss. he needs to be there to get his timing down with his new qb. i heard that ramsey has tried to call him but tana hasn't called him back, which can't help team chemistry.

Quote:
without much to show from your first season
i don't know if i would say that, he had more tackles and the same amount of ints as brian dawkins, arguably the best safty in the nfc. do we really have to say how glad we are that we didn't get him after he does something that really isn't that bad, he isn't at a voluntary workout, big deal not all of our players are always there. i to am happier that we have dunta, but sean would be next on my list.
Old 04-08-2005   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

This Trade Union mentality some of these players have is really utterly amazing to me. He just completed his one and only season in the NFL after signing a huge contract that include millions of bucks of up front bonus
money; has had about 2-3 months off work; and was then asked to come in to work and do some light running,maybe lift some weights, no contact and he is not interested enough to make an appearance. Does this guy have any idea what he'd be doing, if anything, for a living if it wern't for the NFL ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
do we really have to say how glad we are that we didn't get him after he does something that really isn't that bad, he isn't at a voluntary workout, big deal not all of our players are always there. i to am happier that we have dunta, but sean would be next on my list.
It is like buying a car. People want to feel good about the car they buy so they belittle the ones they forgo buying. It is no different with draft picks. That is human nature. Nobody likes "buyer's remorse".
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not knocking him because we didn't draft him. Every year there are players in the draft who for one reason or another give me a less than good feeling and Sean Taylor was one of them. Now he might end up just fine and this might be nothing more than a little bump in the road but from early on I felt like this guy was going to be "difficult" for lack of a better word. I got the same feeling about Winslow Jr.
Old 04-08-2005   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
It is like buying a car. People want to feel good about the car they buy so they belittle the ones they forgo buying. It is no different with draft picks. That is human nature. Nobody likes "buyer's remorse".

Think the Redskins are having a bit of "Buyer's Remorse " ?

The guy is a fantastic talent and has the "Potential to revolutionize his position but it seems to be one thing after another with him be it missing work-outs complaining about his contract or going to jail for DUI .

Its things like this that make you appreciate all the hard work CC and Co. do when evaluating draft talent .
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #17
TexansCanes
All Pro

for the record i think we was found innocent of his dui, however that works. i agree with the winslow thing. i would love to have his talent but some of the things he does just make me wonder and i like the guy. i can understand what you guys are saying, it's like we are patting ourselves on the back.
Old 04-09-2005   #18
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

I still think Sean Taylor is a great player, I'm just happy we got a player in Dunta who made a bigger impact for his team, and he hasn't had any off the field problems. Granted it's harder to stick out on a defense like the Skins'.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005   #19
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
:woot Redskins has really gone to the dumps.
Since Snyder fired Cass, they've been on a steady decline...Coincidence? I think not...
Old 04-22-2005   #20
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm slow...who is ST?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read