Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2011   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So, has your off-season already been ruined?

For lots of fans whose football teams had seasons that didn't meet their expectations, "blowing it up and starting all over" is the only thing that can give a fan that "mental reset" going into the offseason.

Since, apparently that Kubiak won't be fired, as a fan, have you been robbed of the chance to have that mental reset?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So, has your off-season already been ruined?

Quote:
Re: So, has your off-season already been ruined?
No, I'm used to it now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

No reset. Absolutely zero enjoyment with pro football right now.
Old 01-02-2011   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anybody necessarily wants a mental reset.

What fans are wanting is hope for the future.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I was thinking something along those lines....like what really sucks about this year, besides all the losses, is that it's gonna temper my enthusiasm for next year as well. Thanks
Old 01-02-2011   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

nope, the season was ruined early for me with this atrocious secondary. Even if we made the playoffs, I felt we would have gotten trounced

I was all about Cowher possibly coming in but I have accepted the fact that Kubiak would stay and it is what it is.

Now if they don't bring in an experienced and proven DC ... I will be really upset, but I understand that it depends on what happens with the 5 plus teams that are needing a head coach already and what proven DC wouldn't want to become a HC over just a DC?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

No it hasn't been ruined. Depends on what happens with the defensive coordinator and staff, as well as free agency and draft picks.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2011   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm good. I based my expectations on past performance, so the Texans pretty much met my expectations this season.
Old 01-02-2011   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

The sad thing is they don't need to "blow it all up and start over again". They already have a lot of pieces in place. One of the critical pieces they need is a HC that can plug in the holes and get the most out of the talent that is already here.

Bringing in the best DC available is not going to fix that problem. Many are pointing out that happened with Jack Pardee however Pardee made the playoffs every season up to that point. Just bringing in a DC made more sense there. However that is not the case here.

A good HC could win now. Kubiak is not going to win now or next season because he is not a good HC. The dude has had 5 years to prove that.

I am going to reserve judgement until Monday. I know what all the reports are speculating however I am still finding it hard to believe that McNair is so stupid to keep Kubiak after he clearly demonstrated that he has no idea what he is doing. The guy even has admitted it himself. How many times has Kubiak said "I don't know" when asked about how he plans going about fixing something? That is just unacceptable. Does McNair not listen to his coach's press conferences?

Again, I am going to wait for Monday and see for myself that McNair is so assinine (mispelled on purpose) to keep Kubiak. If he does then he is far worse an owner than I would have ever imagined. If that is the case then he can suffer without me next season.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
The sad thing is they don't need to "blow it all up and start over again". They already have a lot of pieces in place. One of the critical pieces they need is a HC that can plug in the holes and get the most out of the talent that is already here.

Bringing in the best DC available is not going to fix that problem. Many are pointing out that happened with Jack Pardee however Pardee made the playoffs every season up to that point. Just bringing in a DC made more sense there. However that is not the case here.

A good HC could win now. Kubiak is not going to win now or next season because he is not a good HC. The dude has had 5 years to prove that.

I am going to reserve judgement until Monday. I know what all the reports are speculating however I am still finding it hard to believe that McNair is so stupid to keep Kubiak after he clearly demonstrated that he has no idea what he is doing. The guy even has admitted it himself. How many times has Kubiak said "I don't know" when asked about how he plans going about fixing something? That is just unacceptable. Does McNair not listen to his coach's press conferences?

Again, I am going to wait for Monday and see for myself that McNair is so assinine (mispelled on purpose) to keep Kubiak. If he does then he is far worse an owner than I would have ever imagined. If that is the case then he can suffer without me next season.
reminds me of U-571 movie quote
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Marcus, I like the idea of this thread. You're right. It's good to have the "mental reset".

My problem is that I just saw Raheem Morriss, a second year coach, guide his team to 10 wins in a competitive division. And mike smith, third year coach, has one of the best squads in sports.

Meanwhile, Gary Kubiak, FIFTH YEAR, has done nothing.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #12
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This.
Old 01-02-2011   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The "I don't know" answers just do me in. Either he has to know and isn't saying or he needs to go get another job. I vote for the latter.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
For lots of fans whose football teams had seasons that didn't meet their expectations, "blowing it up and starting all over" is the only thing that can give a fan that "mental reset" going into the offseason.

Since, apparently that Kubiak won't be fired, as a fan, have you been robbed of the chance to have that mental reset?
Maybe one of these would help:

They could put the Texans Logo on them and sell them at the NFL shop.
Old 01-02-2011   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

hells no. Ill forget about this season in about a month or two and start thinking about next season.

I have a feeling that many of you out there will cool down a bit and accept what is happening and get on with life and start cheering on your team again.
Old 01-02-2011   #16
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak is around next year, I will have zero excitement, anticipation, or positive expectations going into next season. That sucks.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

I think you're blindly out of touch with what people have been saying. Obviously, the optimism that was supposed to be carried over from one season to the next for the past four years hasn't done shit, has it? People don't want a reset for the hell of it, nor do they want the team to be "blown up". They want the team to win, and Kubiak has shown repeatedly that he can't do it as a head coach for this team.

There are a lot of things I like about Kubiak, and I really wanted him to succeed here. But if he hasn't done it in five years, it's time to find someone who can. Only one other coach since 1970 has been retained after starting off 0-5 for playoff appearances. No other team in the NFL has a coach that has been around that long without making the playoffs.

Either the players suck, they're not getting coached up to be better, or the schemes suck. Kubiak is in charge of all three. When you consider the questionable calls in critical situations, the terrible clock management, and his roster management, Kubiak is a failure. It really is that simple.
Old 01-02-2011   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think you're blindly out of touch with what people have been saying.
I just asked if your off-season has been ruined since they are keeping Kubiak. Seemed pretty straight-forward to me.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs are fun, and also I'm hoping the ice will go away soon so I can get back to windsurfing
Old 01-02-2011   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

For the first time in 8 yrs now, I took a friggin nap during the game. I had a drink, and napped for about 1 full qtr. And that is about the most excitement I can muster. I'm teetering. If McNoob tries to sell this piece of garbage regime to me and keeps saying how close we are, I'm out. He is Bill Bidwell, and as clueless. I don't want to be the Cardinals, or God forbid the Lions.

The truth is until the ownership changes, we are the freaking Lions.

So, if that happens as I expect, I'm looking for a new team. I'm even thinking about Dallas. I've hit rock bottom. Only God can save me now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read