Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011   #401
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game day: Jags at Texans

INT! Nice way to finish this game.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #402
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
That's a wrap!

A long winter, and likely refried Kubiak is on the menu for next year.

Makes the off-season especially fun, doesn't it? Yeah, it doesn't.

Come on Bob, think outside the box and show us some intestinal fortitude. You can do it, Bob. Use the force within you, Bob. Let your little light shine.

2010 =

2011 = & possibly
rinse, repeat
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #403
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Del Rio slips a hand grenade into Kubiak's hand as they shake hands at midfield.

Then proceeds to stick one under his own chin before yelling "Keep chopping woo....." BLAM!

AFC South is brutal. LOL. Makes a guy do irrational things.
Old 01-02-2011   #404
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

And so it begins. Another offseason of speculation and "what could have been" threads. Such is our life. At least we know Foster is the real deal.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #405
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Del Rio slips a hand grenade into Kubiak's hand as they shake hands at midfield.

Then proceeds to stick one under his chin, as well.

AFC South is brutal. LOL. Makes a guy do irrational things.
Dude this is the funniest shit I've heard in a while LMAO
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #406
SpringTexan
Rookie

Hey we won our last game so Kubiak must be worth another season, right?
SpringTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #407
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Did anyone see Uncle Bob on the field at the end of the game?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2011   #408
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a wrap!

A long winter, and likely refried Kubiak is on the menu for next year.

Makes the off-season especially fun, doesn't it? Yeah, it doesn't.

Come on Bob, think outside the box and show us some intestinal fortitude. You can do it, Bob. Use the force within you, Bob. Let your little light shine.

2010 =

2011 = & possibly
Must spread rep dammit
Too funny
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #409
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringTexan View Post
Hey we won our last game so Kubiak must be worth another season, right?
This feels eerily familiar.

As if I have been here before.

I mean, doesn't it seem odd that every last game ends up being the same result? Must be a coincidence or something [/quote]

You put your little hand in mine,....

Better put your booties on today! It's gonna' be cold outside!

(Rolls over and smashes the alarm clock)

-- Groundhog Day
Old 01-02-2011   #410
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Did anyone see Uncle Bob on the field at the end of the game?
Probably doesn't want to have to run the risk of answering questions from on-field reporters.

Just a hunch.

I bet he was immediately put in his under-the-chair-escape-tube (wrapped firmly in his Kubiak snuggie) and swooshed off to his mansion like Batman.
Old 01-02-2011   #411
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Well here we are again, at the end of yet another Texans football season. Now we have that long drawn out period of awaiting another year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3d23ATiedI
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #412
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Well here we are again, at the end of yet another Texans football season. Now we have that long drawn out period of awaiting another year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3d23ATiedI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FAfqtj243Y

The Texans season...

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #413
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Didnt catch the whole thing and couldnt make out on some of the questions but post-game presser.

Many said a trainwreck season.

Tough season. Not sure about trainwreck. Lost a lot of tough games. Lost tough football games. Told yous many times that winning 7-8 or 10-11 is winning close games. We didnt do that. Disappointing. Our guys played hard and worked hard though.

In hindsight, was corner what went wrong on D?

Combo of things. Thats a factor. We talked about that all year long. Decision we made. Part of this league. Gotta battle through things.

Do you think team did enough to tell the fans will be better next year?

They went through part of the NFL. Over 4 year period and 6 game period, it was a gradual climb then hit a wall during a 9 week period that went backwards. Have to battle back. Time will tell.

What did you tell them?

Proud of their effort. We found a way to win. Guys were missing. We always kept playing hard. WE're better people of what we went through these last few months. We'll be better because of it.

[Some about Bob or the players saying something to him]?

We're talked out. Had a good talk last night. Everyone is talked out. No one quit working though.

What changes were made?

Not sure changes were made. Were down another player. Made some big plays and stops. D shut them out.

Last year, said you got improve running game or red zone O, what do you say now?

Tough to talk about now. We got problems on D. Also on ST. Struggled all year on D. Tough on Joe. Those are glaring things. Always something but those are glaring needs.

What about Arian?

He is tremendous. Tells me this game is fair. He wasnt drafted but the game is fair. If you do it right, it will let you play. So proud of him.

You want to resign him?( OD)

You bet.

Talk to Bob yet?

Had talks with him this week. I said let me enjoy this week but we'll talk tomorrow. He's been fair to me.

Feeling pressure?

Pressure is part of the business. Part of the game. Do you feel it? Of course. Part of my life for 20 something years. I enjoy it.

You worried?

What do you mean?

Talking to Bob.

I need some sleep. I'll go home and sleep. Hopefully about 8 hours, havent had that in awhile, and then wake up and talk to him.

Glad the season is over?

Hell no. Had a good football team. Didnt win the close games.

Not a player that changes the whole team. About the whole team going back to those spots and making those differences.
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #414
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans could lose 8 of the last 9 as long as they win the last one. Bob will think they are on the right track and have turned the corner. What a moron.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011   #415
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post
Didnt catch the whole thing and couldnt make out on some of the questions but post-game presser.

You want to resign him?( OD)

You bet.

Talk to Bob yet?

Had talks with him this week. I said let me enjoy this week but we'll talk tomorrow. He's been fair to me.

Feeling pressure?

Pressure is part of the business. Part of the game. Do you feel it? Of course. Part of my life for 20 something years. I enjoy it.

You worried?

What do you mean?

Talking to Bob.

]
At first I thought this said "You want to resign?" as in do you want to quit.lol
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read